Monthly... salvage materials, where?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

I mostly play in WvW, Fractals and Orr. I don’t seem to get alot from here so I just want to get this one out of the way. Most of my salvages are for globs. Wheres a good place to get alot of salvageable materials from? I don’t particularly care what Im salvaging as Im mostly only interested in T6 materials these days. Im thinking human area, maybe centaurs, skritt or bandits for some reason.

Posted by: BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

The trade post. Just buy 500 Blues and 2 of those 250 use salvage kits

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Anything white can be salvaged, so that’d be your best bet.

More often that not, white stuff on the TP is cheap, and you can resell the mats. Would prolly make some money off of it too.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: Tekno.3027

Tekno.3027

There is a vendor in Hoelbrak that sells Harpoons for 96c each and they can also be salvaged.Not sure if that’s intended,cause i usually can’t salvage any vendor bought gear.

“Don’t be a slow poke, Mr. B. Angels don’t wait for slow pokes.”

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Best I can find on the TP is 28c whites items. Its 750 salvages so that would come to 2gold 10 silver. Seems alot of people are crafting low level gear and salvaging, but its not possible for me to do as I don’t have a large supply of low level mats for that :/ Going to keep looking!

Posted by: bookman.9260

bookman.9260

Best I can find on the TP is 28c whites items. Its 750 salvages so that would come to 2gold 10 silver. Seems alot of people are crafting low level gear and salvaging, but its not possible for me to do as I don’t have a large supply of low level mats for that :/ Going to keep looking!

you could sell back all of the salvaged mats on TP and probably recupe 70% of that money you spent.

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

it’s only 500 for the max tier of the monthly.

You can honestly find a salvage item (tattered garment, or something like that, scrap metal? Whatever)
Put a buy order for 500 of them. Get crude salvage kits for karma (check the wiki)
Salvage it all, and then put those mats up on the TP as sell orders. You’ll make back most if not all of your money. Just about everyone in my collection of friends did this monthly on the first day, and at least 3 people made money doing it <.<