Monthlys: I really hate Jumping Puzzles

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

But Im going to give it a go. From what I can see, you can do any one per day per character. One I have found the is REALLY easy, even for someone like me who hates JPs, is the JP in Wayfarer Foothills next to the Jotuns (just north of Haivoissen point of interest). Now that I have done it and know what I am doing, it only takes about 40 seconds. So I log 4 of my characters there to do them daily and just roam with one character. Anybody got an easier way :p

Posted by: Creeper.9360

Creeper.9360

You don’t have to actually complete the jumping puzzle to get credit for the monthly. You just have to “discover” it.

Posted by: PowerCat.5738

PowerCat.5738

jumping puzzles discovered, not jumping puzzles completed.

Just go inside and wp out.

Also you can do them all from the lion’s arch overflow, just go in the JP area to get credit.

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

I got. Get into LA, find some jumping puzzle entrance and start relogging. You complete your monthly in about 10-15 mins. I did it with 2 chars, overflow is awesome in this case

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

yea you really have a ’’hard’’ time with just entering.You are not even bound to start it.‘’Good job’’ mate…..

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

(edited by moiraine.2753)

Posted by: Voltar.8574

Voltar.8574

Since I’ve never seen a jumping puzzle requirement for a monthly before, I’m going to assume it’s part of the January monthly. What did it replace (Fractals I hope)?

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

ye hahaha spam some easy mode jp

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

Since I’ve never seen a jumping puzzle requirement for a monthly before, I’m going to assume it’s part of the January monthly. What did it replace (Fractals I hope)?

Sadly, Fractals are still there

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

sostronk.8167

You don’t have to actually complete the jumping puzzle to get credit for the monthly. You just have to “discover” it.

It still counts if you do them more than once though right? I hope so or my game plan is up and time to reassess!

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

Great. So I can run around to the same 3 jumping puzzles in LA with 10 characters and get the achievement?

What on Earth were they thinking? That’s just as much of a drag as finding 30 of them with one character. Seriously? Who thinks this is actually fun? They’ve just created something that the entire community is trying to figure out a way around.

Are the people who come up with new ideas at ArenaNet even gamers?

Posted by: Voltar.8574

Voltar.8574

Great. So I can run around to the same 3 jumping puzzles in LA with 10 characters and get the achievement?

What on Earth were they thinking? That’s just as much of a drag as finding 30 of them with one character. Seriously? Who thinks this is actually fun? They’ve just created something that the entire community is trying to figure out a way around.

Are the people who come up with new ideas at ArenaNet even gamers?

It is called a monthly. Just because a few people are compelled to finish it as soon as possible doesn’t necessarily obligate you to do so. I like the jumping puzzles (still haven’t finished 2 of the Borderland jumping puzzles) so it doesn’t seem unreasonable to burn through a few every few days.

The fractals though, they are completely aware that a lot of people are having difficulty with dc’s in those and they’re keeping that as part of the monthly? I hope that it’s still only 7 so there’s only a few wasted days (only had one dc problem last month).

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I think they were hoping at least some people would actually go out into the world looking for jumping puzzles, or re-visit ones they’ve already done and either find they enjoy doing them, or find other fun stuff to do along the way.

But I’m sure they were equally aware some people would just look for a way to skip to the reward, then complain that it was boring. But those people would do that no matter what and it’s not worth Anet’s time to try and make them enjoy playing the game. If they can’t jump to being rewarded for not really doing anything they’d just complain that it takes too long and Anet have ruined it that way.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Diaspro.8529

Diaspro.8529

They’re trying to make you discover new things that you don’t even know were there. Try to actually find jpand COMPLETE them with your friends. Lot of Laughs assured.
You don’t like jps? well do it easy mode, just find the 3 in Lion’s Arch. Do not complain about everything everytime.

Rig: Intel Core i5-2400 -8GB RAM -Nvidia GTX570
EU Servers

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

It’s sad how people make optional content sound like it’s compulsory and things you’re entitled to because you participated.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

It’s sad how people make optional content sound like it’s compulsory and things you’re entitled to because you participated.

Agreed. I’ve never done the monthly achievement because the requirements didn’t appeal to me. It’s never bothered me because I always knew I could do it another time when they had ones I did want to do. I didn’t feel like I was missing out or was obligated to complete it because it was there, it’d only re-set the next month anyway.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: RageQuit.5687

RageQuit.5687

FYI – You need to just find them. Not complete them. Case in point, walked up to the karka puzle with the steam stones – insta-point.

That particular part of the monthly is the easiest.

sostronk.8167

FYI – You need to just find them. Not complete them. Case in point, walked up to the karka puzle with the steam stones – insta-point.

Ive seen alot of people say this, but it doesn’t seem to work for me. I actually have to go into the JP.

sostronk.8167

They’re trying to make you discover new things that you don’t even know were there. Try to actually find jpand COMPLETE them with your friends. Lot of Laughs assured.
You don’t like jps? well do it easy mode, just find the 3 in Lion’s Arch. Do not complain about everything everytime.

I wasn’t complaining at all and nor do I complain about everything everytime. I was just posting up an easy way to do it because I know there are alot of people like me who hate Jumping Puzzles.

Posted by: Craziplaya.2103

Craziplaya.2103

Posted by: RageQuit.5687

RageQuit.5687

Ive seen alot of people say this, but it doesn’t seem to work for me. I actually have to go into the JP.

Well yes, you have to reach the very start of the puzzle. but you don’t, I repeat, DON’T need to complete it.

Here’s a guide if you’re having problems:
http://dulfy.net/2012/09/16/gw2-jumping-puzzles-guides-guild-wars-2/

Posted by: Keitaru.9306

Keitaru.9306

I completed all 30 of my JP for my monthly in a day…. just do all the easy ones including the 3 in BL and your done.

Guild: <yaki>
Keitaru <warrior>—- lvl 80
Miea Kamakawa <engineer> —- lvl 80

(edited by Keitaru.9306)

Posted by: Bastion.2457

Bastion.2457

I just don’t like the event ones. The normal ones are fine, but the annoyance of them collapsing behind you meaning you have to waste so much time restarting deters me from doing them again.

I just find them to be an annoyance when the game makes me wait continually to retry.