Mordrem Invasion: Wrap-up 14 September 2015

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Throughout the day today, players who were impacted by a game bug and lost Mordrem Blooms in the early part of the event were sent replacement blooms via the in-game mail system. A member of the development team mentioned today that the distribution covered the period that the bug was active—it was corrected early Friday evening—but would not include losses related to disconnects that may have taken place at other times over the weekend. The reason is that we’re able to retrieve game-related data for the losses incurred due to the bug, but disconnects can have a dozen different reasons behind them and they are not something that we cover through distributions of this sort.

You will find your replacement blooms in your in-game mail. A Mordrem Bloom Researcher NPC is located in the Durmond Priory and you may exchange your blooms there. If you have any questions, please contact Customer Support through a ticket and they will assist you.

Thanks for hanging in there as we got those blooms sent out!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

THanks Gaile! Any update on whether blooms will be part of future events when you asked?

Posted by: cupcakesandcatnomz.3924

cupcakesandcatnomz.3924

A big disappointment from start to finish, i hope this wont be a taste for what’s coming with HoT :’x

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

I already made a thread to ask this, but I’ll ask here: are we also going to get Vine-Covered Crates from the un-awarded daily chests?

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I hope this event never comes back

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Fuzzy Pug.8936

Fuzzy Pug.8936

Gaile could you please clear this up

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Inadequate-amount-of-blooms-sent/first#post5491152

tl;dr I did 2 broken maps, got nothing, today got the 40 from the map dailies, but the other 20 I earned were not included.

Support wasn’t helpful at all, I’ve spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars on this gems, have 3 accounts and 2 Heart Of Thorns purchases. To be basically told “you’re out of luck we aren’t going to help” by a GM is very, very disappointing.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I wasn’t too keen on this event, but I really like how Gaile (and a bunch of other people, I assume!) have handled it, especially on a weekend. I felt like the communication was quick and clear, and while I didn’t necessarily like all the answers, I understood where they were coming from.

Way to salvage a problematic situation with communication. +1

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Jax.4903

Jax.4903

Thank you for the update, Gaile! Many of us are still wondering if Developers plan to have more future events in which Blooms can be earned? If we should save our Blooms or spend them now because there is no point in holding onto them? Any official word yet? Thanks again!

A big disappointment from start to finish, i hope this wont be a taste for what’s coming with HoT :’x

The last Heart of Thorns beta was fantastic, and I can assure you it was nothing like the Mordrem Invasion. It feels like Silverwastes (encouraging teamwork & unity), but on a much larger scale with many more things to do.

As far as the Mordrem Invasion, it is my theory that A-Net is focusing most of its resources on getting ready for the Heart of Thorns launch next month, but still wanted to release the 4-day event that most likely wasn’t intended to be focused on tag & port game play.

(edited by Jax.4903)

Posted by: theFoffo.6912

theFoffo.6912

Received blooms, kinda disappointed that there was no daily scarlet box (or the chest it comes out from) along with them

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I wonder why it wasn’t 2 weeks like events used to be. I’m not really around on weekends so it’d be nice to have the full size events back so everyone can play.

Very much enjoyed the invasions though, some great mechanics in the events.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

Didn’t like this event. Felt rushed, and I also felt “rushed” to do the event because of how limited the rewards were. I don’t like limited time things like this.

Stuff goes here.

Posted by: xiune.9812

xiune.9812

Why did we not get the chest that came with the blooms?

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Gaile, I believe you meant early Thursday evening. As I recall, the new build became available shortly before reset. Didn’t want anyone to be confused by that.

Posted by: thisisit.6954

thisisit.6954

Support wasn’t helpful at all, I’ve spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars on this gems, have 3 accounts and 2 Heart Of Thorns purchases. To be basically told “you’re out of luck we aren’t going to help” by a GM is very, very disappointing.

It is what I expected as this was the way they screwed me in the karka event and guess what, I have not received anything in this event either yet from the first day. What anet dont seem to realize is that these things stay in their customers minds a LONG TIME.

When people wonder why some are negative on threads, its because of this kind of treatment by the company.

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

I received 90 blooms (what I expected). I did not receive the 3 crates that should have also been sent.

Do we really have to flood CS with tickets for these items? I really think some quality control concerns are running rampant here. Thanks for the correction on the blooms, but you guys are still dropping the ball.

Posted by: Ironwill.5389

Ironwill.5389

Thanks Gaile,

I have a modest set of suggestions in regards to closing out the event and moving on from here:

Phase 1
1- leave the vendor at the Durmond Priory forever
2- Make the Mordrem Blooms a tradeable currency on the trading post (much like other event tokens are)

This would allow people who have leftovers to sell them for some cash, and those who really wanted that one item to buy the blooms they needed to get the prestige item. (You can leave the crazy gold cost in at that point.. since there’s no time constraint in raising the funds to afford the high end skins/tonics it becomes a lot like the racial armour set skins)

Phase 2
1- Add Mordrem Blooms as a drop from the silverwaste Keep bosses (Maybe make the blooms drop more from the Blue/Yellow Keep etc. to balance the costs of staying at the further outposts)

Phase3
1- Add Mordrem Blooms to the seed pods in the pac-man event. (this makes the item farmable eventually. This benefits the event by encouraging people to collect the seed pods, maybe make it a phase II or III drop to limit the amount that flood the economy etc.. )

Posted by: Plazar.8946

Plazar.8946

But Gaile, I remember you saying, that the loss of stacks due to disconnect was a bug and you don’t know whats causing it, so you should mail lost Blooms due to disconnect cuz it was lost cuz of bug that made you lose stacks.

Posted by: DavidGX.7240

DavidGX.7240

Thank goodness. What an awful event.

“Those who go mad are merely thoughtful souls who failed to reach any conclusions.”

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

This coming from someone who is bored out of his mind with the lack of stuff to do (as someone who did most of everything).

If you can’t come up with an interesting event (you have a ton of suggestions about how to improve the event in your other topic), please don’t release any more events like this. This event should never had happen….in fact it did more harm then good specially with new players which i think you want to impress.

…and this has nothing to do with blooms. I could care less about them. It’s about “everything” this event was.

So please…just don’t. It’s just sad. Thank you.

Posted by: neferet.5687

neferet.5687

I can understand not compensating for the pre-dc stacks, but what about the after-dc ones? I had a dc one of the days, it was early in the event and I managed to get 10-ish stacks after logging in again. At the end of the event – no reward for these new stacks. Don’t you have a record of the after-dc stacks, so you can send out Blooms for them?

I would like to see the Blooms drop and be useful again. This event was really rushed and caused a lot of negative emotions, so I feel like you’ll have to make up for it with a better one. XD You’ve heard all the complaints already, I’m not gonna repeat them.

My advice/suggestions for future short events like this one:
- Don’t make people work for themselves in a group event. It’s not cool. (This applies for long-lasting events as well.) If your reward will depend on what you do, it should be based on your real contribution, not on the number of events you passed by. Give more currency for completing an event with gold or silver than with bronze. Or something like that.
- Lower the prices of the items or give more currency as reward for doing the events. If it’s going to last 3-5 days, people should enjoy it and not stress over not being able to get a nice reward if they don’t participate in every kitten event during the day (and night).
- Have two or more tiers of the same items, but with different event currency to gold cost ratio (a rough example: an item in tier 1 costs 200 event currency and 10 gold, the same item in tier 2 costs 100 event currency and 40 gold). It seems like a fair deal to me. If I have the time, I’ll save my gold and grind the event currency. If I don’t have the time, I’ll do the events once a day and make up the rest with gold. There will always be people who are more willing to participate in the events than to waste their gold, so the event zones won’t be empty. At the same time, people that can’t spend that much time playing or find the events too boring can sacrifice their gold (or gems turned into gold). Everyone wins?

Lastly, if you could add ALL account-bound currencies to the wallet, it would be great. I still have leftovers from past events sitting in my bank. If they will never ever ever be used again, make them tradable for gold or another currency that’s in use. And if you think that they might be used again someday, just add them to the wallet. My bank will really appreciate that.

Posted by: Ryld Baenre.7609

Ryld Baenre.7609

We are all pleased to have received the blooms associated with our efforts in repelling the mordrem on Friday, although, the rewards are incomplete as the daily chests that go along with clearing each of the zones that day were not awarded.

Myself having received 90 blooms for 3 zones should have also received 3 crates. Will this be rectified?

(edited by Ryld Baenre.7609)

Posted by: Sephas.8793

Sephas.8793

While we are all pleased to have received the blooms associated with our efforts in repelling the mordrem on Friday, although, the rewards are incomplete as the daily chests that go along with clearing each of the zones that day were not awarded.

Myself having received 90 blooms for 3 zones should have also received 3 crates. Will this be rectified?

Good question, are we still in a holding pattern waiting for the chests or are we not going to get them?

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I wanted to try and get a toxic skin, so I was saving them. I now have 125.

Is there any point saving these, bearing in mind that the event may or may not be repeated?

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Is there any point saving these, bearing in mind that the event may or may not be repeated?

I’d rephrase the question. After the black eye this event gave ANet — having a dedicated, massively policed for right-think “positive feedback/suggestions” thread is just shy of a “the building’s on fire” level of damage control for ArenaNet — we’re NOT going to see the event again. We might see a substantially revamped version if they can come up with some proper tech to dis-incentivize the tap-&-run tactics.

The right question is “Will there be sources of the blooms-currency in the future?”

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: LaFleur.9374

LaFleur.9374

Can we just have SAB next time please? Replace the enemies with mordrem and call it a day.

Posted by: ungascarlo.7459

ungascarlo.7459

I’d rephrase the question. After the black eye this event gave ANet — having a dedicated, massively policed for right-think “positive feedback/suggestions” thread is just shy of a “the building’s on fire” level of damage control for ArenaNet — we’re NOT going to see the event again. We might see a substantially revamped version if they can come up with some proper tech to dis-incentivize the tap-&-run tactics.

The right question is “Will there be sources of the blooms-currency in the future?”

I want to know this too, I have 205 blooms and I have no idea if i should hold on to these or spend it already with boxes. Wish Anet will make an official announcement about this

Posted by: Ryld Baenre.7609

Ryld Baenre.7609

Just to add to it here is the response from customer support that someone was given when they asked about the crates.

"
Thank you for contacting the Guild Wars 2 Support Team.

Unfortunately, Customer Support is not in charge of the items that were sent to the account involved with the new event bug and these were sent by our Development Team.

I am sorry that we are not able to do more for you at this time. However, please let us know if you need assistance with anything else.

Regards,

"

Now correct me if I’m wrong but the mail I got in game was from GW2 Customer Support.

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

Hey that’s a coincidence I have 205 blooms as well.

Posted by: zaneber.6908

zaneber.6908

After having 12-15 stacks and then getting D/C on a few occasions I gave up on the whole event. I did receive 25 blooms from the first few hours.

Posted by: Tanesha.8130

Tanesha.8130

I see most of the people got already their blooms for friday invasion event and my friends got them too. I’m a little worried, ‘cuz I still didn’t get my share of them via mail.

How long will the vendor at Durmand Priory be available so those who will recieve them as the last can use it?

Posted by: Jax.4903

Jax.4903

Still wondering if I should cash in my Blooms or not. I hope A-Net at least gives a heads-up if/when the Durmand Priory vendor expires.

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

Wait, people already got their blooms? I never got mine, not that I care too much, but I am sure others do.