Mordrem Vinewrath - Marionette mark 2?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

So there is the new world boss meta event in the Silverwastes that is just like the marionette fight with the lanes and waves. I’m so glad to see this kind of fight brought back. I have fond memories of fighting the marionette. Has any server managed to defeat it yet? I tried once but the server I was in failed.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I’ve been in two today that beat it. Most groups tend to get caught up on the Mangler.

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

Hints :

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2sb1gd/att_new_boss_kill_632_server/

Yup – many maps have already completed it.
In the link above you’ll find some really handy useful tips/hints.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

So it sounds like it’s easier than the marionette?

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

It’s shorter, and yeah, once everyone knows what to do, I think it’ll be pretty quickly done. The hardest part is making sure people defend the siege carriers.

Posted by: Liz.1497

Liz.1497

oh yeah, its not hard. Fought it 9 times and beat it 7. Only got one chest box though…. the struggle is real…

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

I was probably on one of the first servers to complete, and although we started to fail at first, people started to communicate real fast in map. People pointed out seige, air strikes, and what to do inside boss room (yay reading). Maybe servers who didn’t do that first and failed thought it hard, but I can see this becoming farmable like teq.

Heck it gives incentives to protect and level garrisons faster to get to event faster.

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

It’s easy. Managed to organize it and kill it. The only possible problem it’s on 2nd boss. When he moves away, you must FOLLOW him and enter a white semi-circled area, otherwise it stuns you and eventually kills you.

What bothers me is:

• 1: Shouldn’t had been in SilverWastes. That map is already too much clusted with events and people that does the jumping puzzle, or wants only this boss and not the breach or the castles or whatever… they just don’t help or stay afk.
  • 2: That it’s gated by something like breach is a fail. Should had been on a timer like every other world boss.
ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

It’s easy. Managed to organize it and kill it. The only possible problem it’s on 2nd boss. When he moves away, you must FOLLOW him and enter a white semi-circled area, otherwise it stuns you and eventually kills you.

What bothers me is:

• 1: Shouldn’t had been in SilverWastes. That map is already too much clusted with events and people that does the jumping puzzle, or wants only this boss and not the breach or the castles or whatever… they just don’t help or stay afk.
  • 2: That it’s gated by something like breach is a fail. Should had been on a timer like every other world boss.

I want to agree to say its “easy”, but only because we fought a battle like this before, and those who are experienced now what to say and tell people what to do. Hence, it seems " easy". The one I was on that won, we still got to 13/15 seige lost, so it was still a nail biter. As it toes in, it’ll get “easier” and we’ll hear “no challenging content” again.

I actually believe gating it behind a breach is a good idea. I don’t believe it will stop the server hopping, but this will encourage people that if you want this boss to happen more often, actually defend each Garrison and upgrade it asap. I believe people said a breach can happen every 40min if done right, which I like more than being put on a timer.

They needed hopping from boss to boss in a breach with extractors, so unless you really want just one more bag, no point in running now. So it should encourage people to now what bosses to not aoe on now….