More Runes with increased run speed

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

As the title suggests we need more runesets with inherent 25% run speed boost. It doesn’t give people in PVE an advantage but since there’s no mounts involved we should have the option. It would also spread out the cost a bit since these generally are in an eternal inflation cycle where they are increased because of the run speed boost essential to classes that don’t have this as an option really. I think if they made all runesets in PVE have the run speed boost it would diversify the options a bit more and give the TP a chance to move around the cost so that the playerbase wouldn’t end up with essential Runesets that are extremely high in gold cost for their level 80 open world armor. It would also eliminate the need to pick traits that aren’t really beneficial to the build just to get to a run speed boost trait.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Vitus Dance.4509

Vitus Dance.4509

It would also eliminate the need to pick traits that aren’t really beneficial to the build just to get to a run speed boost trait.

Isn’t that the whole point of build diversity? – that you have to sacrifice one trait for another even if it’s not particularly useful?
If every rune featured a run speed increase – generic builds would soon be the norm.
You may as well ask them to just increase everyone’s run speed – no faffing with runes or traits that way.

Posted by: Sokia.3710

Sokia.3710

As the title suggests we need more runesets with inherent 25% run speed boost. It doesn’t give people in PVE an advantage but since there’s no mounts involved we should have the option. It would also spread out the cost a bit since these generally are in an eternal inflation cycle where they are increased because of the run speed boost essential to classes that don’t have this as an option really. I think if they made all runesets in PVE have the run speed boost it would diversify the options a bit more and give the TP a chance to move around the cost so that the playerbase wouldn’t end up with essential Runesets that are extremely high in gold cost for their level 80 open world armor.

Or, you could just craft the runes yourself. It’s a groundbreaking concept, I know.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Or, you could just craft the runes yourself. It’s a groundbreaking concept, I know.

You can’t craft traveller runes .. at least as far as i know.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Sokia.3710

The OP didn’t specify Traveller runes.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

The OP didn’t specify Traveller runes.

The only other rune is rune of speed .. and it has only vitality .. i use it on two chars
however a lot of people don’t care that much about vitality i think.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

The only two classes without an innate speed boost are the mesmer and the guardian. Guardians actually have relatively low base hp and can benefit from vitality.

Mesmers can use the dirt cheap superior rune of the centaur, which comes with power. Through the use of mantra of recovery, they can pretty much keep up permanent swiftness.

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Actually all but requiring a rune set in order to achieve 25% run speed just about kills build diversity. There are so many better runes out there but if you play a mesmer or guardian in WvW you are kitten by the lack of mobility.

I won’t mention that these two classes are the slowest to level in the game by…….how much? 25% slower.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

I’m not an expert in WvW, but from the few times I have done it, I’ve noticed that I tend to end up with enough party speed boosts to consistently have swiftness up without any effort on my part other than staying with the group.

The fact that they’re a massive pain to level to 60 in the first place on the other hand is something I can’t justify. But that wont be changed by adding it to the other superior runes.

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

That is the point. As a Guardian or Mesmer outside of a zerg you will have speed runes or you will greatly suffer from the lack of mobility.

The point I made about levelling has nothing to do with runes, I am countering the argument that this OP states there needs to be MORE speed runes. The 25% speed should be available to all classes in traits or skills. It is absolutely void on these two classes, without reason.

Did you realize the Ranger, Necro and Elementalist did NOT have 25% speed on signets for some time after launch? Only the Thief did. It was added in a later patch.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Sokia.3710

Did you realize the Ranger, Necro and Elementalist did NOT have 25% speed on signets for some time after launch? Only the Thief did. It was added in a later patch.

At launch, most of the speed signets only added 10% run speed.