More Voices per Race.

More Voices per Race.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: pupi.2465

pupi.2465

Remember Neverwinter Nights? or any other game that offers you a different soundboard on voices for the same race when you create the character?

So, that would be good to have on GW2 too, i know there are more “important” things to be worked on the game, and adding (contracting) more actors to record (although not a hard job) is not Anets interest.

But i think it would get the game more rich on deep of personality for each character the players create.

Sry for the english guys, just addind an opinion.

More Voices per Race.

Posted by: Miss Lana.5276

Miss Lana.5276

I do agree, but I understand if it doesn’t happen now. I love the option in eso and tera where one can choose the voices, and it sounds really odd going through personal story on one human, and then the next human sounds exactly the same.

48 Characters|Necro|Raider|Fractaller|PvPer|Singer
So long Treeface.
“…Kormir? I know not of whom you speak.”

More Voices per Race.

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Remember Neverwinter Nights? or any other game that offers you a different soundboard on voices for the same race when you create the character?

I’d say a soundboard or something would probably be the most scalable solution.

More Voices per Race.

Posted by: shinreigari.7318

shinreigari.7318

Yes please! This would be so awesome! I’ve encountered the “problem” many times when a character i created just didn’t match the voiceover at all….

More Voices per Race.

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

You have to remember that any voiced MMO out there (like ESO) doesnt have a main character that is speaking full sentences, like we have in GW2 cutscenes and more of in HoT. If the MMO has that (like SWTOR) then the voice is still the same for all male or female of that race. This is because it would cost a lot of money and be resource intensive.

Im all for this feature, but I can see why they havent added it, and even more so when theyve chosen to down prioritize other key important features an MMO should have.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

More Voices per Race.

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Would it be too immersion breaking to just have OOC (out of cutscene) dialog have alternate voices/alter voices? Me personally, it’s the voice you hear from the character doing anything else that is important (I do skip cutscenes more often now) to hear differently. If there is a cutscene I should watch, I could just “hear something else” when it does XD

More Voices per Race.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I feel like people don’t understand where voice comes from when they make requests like this.

Voice is extremely expensive. It isn’t like it is a handful of lines, it’s every line. Not just the lines you say, but the lines you might have said instead if you’d chosen a different path. It’s just not feasible.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

More Voices per Race.

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

To be honest, I’d love this. But it would be a lot of money to multiply the already intricate lines that the characters do say by five or six, just for a cosmetic feature.

It would be nice, but kind of a relatively low payoff for the expense.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

More Voices per Race.

Posted by: kimeekat.2548

kimeekat.2548

I would love this. I would buy a pack like this from the gem store. My boyfriend was playing an alt human male last night and the voice, which had fit his human engi just fine, seemed v out of place coming from his mesmer.

-whispers- you could have a fan contest, maybe? I don’t know how SAG/AFTRA plays into that, so perhaps it’s not feasible. I know Bioware did a fan VO contest for DAI but it was basically an “extra” part, which I assume is somehow easier to get a pass on from the union..? It would take a large time commitment plus the money of traveling to and renting a studio.

…It’s definitely a money issue, like everyone has said.

eta: I thought a while back that it’d be cool if there was an option to record locally and have the game pull the audio files from a directory on your PC or something. That way, fans could offer their own packs. But 1) that’s a lot of work to record those lines well and for free, so people might try to sell them which might lead to Anet’s wrath, 2) would require a constantly updated script for the entire game, 3) people could go off-script and idk how that would affect their ESRB rating.

Clove Zolan – Bringers of Aggro [Oops] – Blackgate

(edited by kimeekat.2548)

More Voices per Race.

Posted by: Ragnar.1546

Ragnar.1546

I would totally be up for this. I just came back to the game and noticed that it seems like my character speaks less. Now this is great for me because I decided to roll something I never would have normally played (Sylvari Elementalist). When GW2 was announced I was most excited about playing Sylvari but by Odins beard their voices are horrendous. Not a great lover of the Asura voices either… Charr tho is the best