More XP for Hearts

More XP for Hearts

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

This is something I’ve noticed before and it’s something I’m noticing again when I play “this way”. What is “this way”? Well, I made a new character (Sylvari Guardian) and I’m following story line. Of course you will not get enough xp from just the story line to keep on going to the next one so what do you do? Do hearts, events, etkittenil you think you can take on the next leg of your personal story.

The way I’ve been doing it myself is to actually match the recommended level of the story. Sure I can get away with being one or two levels lower but it’s the way I’m doing it anyway. I have been working on hearts, events, poi and vistas to get me to the right level but it’s still not enough. I actually worked it out that the next leg of my personal story for me to do was the first one of the next map and this left me 3 levels too low but I still had a map completion to finish which was at about 80%.

Not bad to have 80% done by the time the next personal story mission is on the next map. It’s too bad though, that I got map completion and only one level leaving me 2 levels too short.

So where am I standing? Facing a lvl 16 mission at lvl 14. So I should do the hearts and events in the area right? Well the first map is 1 – 15 and this next map says 15 – 25 but the enemies are 16/17, the hearts are recommended 16 and I imagine the events are too.

Of course it is doable but shouldn’t it match up? Events are not something you can really control doing, not like hearts, so they shouldn’t be part of the equation. They should simply be bonus xp. Doing the story line and map completion should be enough.

Tl;dr

Without doing a single event I should’ve finished off Caledon Forest (map completion and personal story) at lvl 15, not 14. The first heart and story line mission of Brisban Wildlands (which takes place at Watchful Source Waypoint) should be lvl 15 not 16.
XP for hearts should be increased.

More XP for Hearts

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

You are meant to travel to all of the starting areas. There’s plenty of hearts to get well above the level of the personal storyline. But it does require travel.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

More XP for Hearts

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

You are meant to travel to all of the starting areas. There’s plenty of hearts to get well above the level of the personal storyline. But it does require travel.

I would believe that if the story line took the character to all the different starting areas. Since it doesn’t, and since I’ve never heard of any GM saying you are suppose to do all the starting areas, you sir are just blowing smoke.

More XP for Hearts

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

That’s simply the personal storyline. Something you do as you level up and explore the world.

As a sylvari if you want to be story driven, we as a race are innately drawn to exploration. We are curious about everything. It’s in our nature to explore all areas of the world.

So now you have a lore excuse besides the practical game excuse. If you are adamant on not leaving the starter areas then you had best get to grinding by killing enemies and doing the dynamic events because it’s a long haul.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

More XP for Hearts

Posted by: DavidH.7380

DavidH.7380

Not traveling to other zones of the same level range will definitely limit your progress. There are group boss events like Shadow Behemoth in the human area and The Frozen Maw in the Norn area that are fun and have great loot chests. The daily usually includes kills or events in various world zones, and your get laurels for completion that you will want to have once you hit 80.

Don’t limit yourself so much. Explore a bit, travel a little, see the world, and then come back to your story a little stronger. Is it any less realistic to travel on the way to your next personal story step than it is to do map completion, odd jobs, and waste time looking for nice views?