More legendary sets.

More legendary sets.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Look, i understand it was a tiresome project. But, futute armors dont need to be. If the hardest part is the moving parts and the transformation part( like the trenchcoat part or the heavy helm etc) the dont go that way.

Futute legendary armor could be jsut some sick effect like aura or glow when entering combat (with like having some parts on gloves or shoudlers elivate or more abit). There are already armor sets with these effects (zodiac the icy outfit etc).

For each gamemode you can even draw inspiration from unique items it has (like the fractal weapons in fractals or the backpiece glow effect the crystals have (the blue ish) or the mistforged weapons in wvw or the fray of war in (the art pic) and go from there.

Now, i compeltely undesrtand that the first set could create expectations as to how a legendary armor should be but that is not enough of a reason to cancel future armor because that method will take longer (shortcuts always work). Im sure ppl will be like ew it has less mindblowing effects tha the raid ones but then again i far prefer “less” mindblowing sets rather than having made the tech only to let it rust.

Also food for thought, the first gen 2 leggies created “expectations” about the legendary journay precursors take you (i remember ppl praising anet for chuka and champawat). And you still changed it for efficiency’s sake.

(What i envisioned isnt the armor molding and changing its simply something like the shoulders have pieces of cubes that start flowing and the glow in that fractal glow while the the design of the armor lights up and creates that misty effect in the armor. While the wvw armor will show the idea behind an eternal warrior in the mists fighting for his faction (server w/e).

I dont make this suggestion as someone who raids and has his armor so he doesnt care if the other parts of the game get a “less” fantastic set. I saying this as someone who doesnt play raids and just wants to see more of the creativity in more parts.

It will also gives kitten loads of content for ppl to go for. With diff sets being added in the game slowly but surely.

Tl:dr its to great of a feature to throw away.

More legendary sets.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

They said in the AMA that they have no plans to ever release another set of legendary armor. So I wouldn’t hold your breath

More legendary sets.

Posted by: Coffietire.2783

Coffietire.2783

They said in the AMA that they have no plans to ever release another set of legendary armor. So I wouldn’t hold your breath

On the bright side, that does not equate to no plans on other ways to acquire the current legendary armor.

More legendary sets.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

On the bright side, that does not equate to no plans on other ways to acquire the current legendary armor.

They said that, too: envoy armor is for raids only.

Although to be fair, they said they have no current plans — I imagine they are exhausted with this effort and need a break before considering whether they want to give it another shot, perhaps in the form suggested by Zealex.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

More legendary sets.

zealex.9410

i would write this if the hadn’t said that

More legendary sets.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

TFW you realize game design never goes according to “plans”.

More legendary sets.

zealex.9410

^ especially in a genre such as mmo’s

More legendary sets.

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

TFW when you realise you’re just being pedantic.

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

More legendary sets.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Nah, pedantic would be me correcting you on spelling realize wrong. But who would ever do that.

More legendary sets.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Nah, pedantic would be me correcting you on spelling realize wrong. But who would ever do that.

https://www.grammarly.com/blog/realise-realize/

You’re not only pedantic, you’re also flat out wrong. Realise is not an incorrect spelling of the word.

More legendary sets.

zealex.9410

holy kitten ppl got so toxic o.0

More legendary sets.

Posted by: Acnologia.6934

Acnologia.6934

honestly speaking i hope for another set because i’ll never get this one even if they make it doable outside raids… just my liking \o/

More legendary sets.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

They said that, too: envoy armor is for raids only.

Yeah, but if they were to change their mind (which i’m sure they will, at some point in the future), making the current armor more widely available will likely require much less work.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

More legendary sets.

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

They said 2 years ago legendary armor would be a raid reward only. Why are these threads popping up now? Please don’t tell me that this all came as a surprise to you?

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

More legendary sets.

zealex.9410

They said 2 years ago legendary armor would be a raid reward only. Why are these threads popping up now? Please don’t tell me that this all came as a surprise to you?

what came as a surprise to me was that after all the work and the changes to the system they drope the legendary armor concept

More legendary sets.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

What is a surprise to me is that, after two years of threads like this one, you suddenly act as if they never existed.

Besides, no, throughout those 2 years even raiders were – or claimed they were – mostly sure that raid legendary is only the first of legendary armors. Anet clarified that’s not going to happen only in the recent AMA. I guess some people just chose to believe in Anet team, and now they’ve decided that their faith was misplaced after all.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

More legendary sets.

zealex.9410

yeah i was perfectly fine with the first set to be raid exclusive and this specific skin but other skins of legendary armor should be available elsewhere for the sake of more creativity