More natural hair styles please!!!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: wildebat.3650

wildebat.3650

Right now all we have is the standard long locs for Norn female, those goofy afro puffs for Asura female and the piled locs for Asura female, and I think it’s a shame that that’s all there is (unless I’m forgetting stuff).

I would love to see stuff like Senegalese twists, inverted bobs, long and short blow outs, bantu knots, non-cartoonish afros, wash and go hairstyle, etc. etc.

Please ANet!

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

Why have more asura hairstyles when we can be tables now?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7VT3iRCcAAhjNp.jpg

wildebat.3650

Why have more asura hairstyles when we can be tables now?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7VT3iRCcAAhjNp.jpg

I mean, obviously that’s dope as bobba but I want natural styles for ALL races

Posted by: Ineoss.4698

Ineoss.4698

I second this! I would love to have a pixie cut for norn like the humans have! Or just more short styles.

wildebat.3650

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

What is natural for non-human races though?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

Rha, I proposed some hairstyles, and I still work … But I do not know if the developers involved Asura like it, or do not want to deal with the Asuras.

Attachments:

# Asura because I’m worth it!

Posted by: Pockethole.5031

Pockethole.5031

Rha, I proposed some hairstyles, and I still work … But I do not know if the developers involved Asura like it, or do not want to deal with the Asuras.

want!

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Is it just me or do a lot of the asura hairstyles look like they are just running around in a wig?

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

Lazaar.9123

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Ok maybe hairplugs

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

absolutely love the first from third picture and last from forth picture, and that not only for asura

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

I agree. Wild, videogamey “novelty” hair styles are cool and all, but don’t always suit the personality/look of the character we may have in mind. Some more variations on “real” styles would be appreciated.

Also, hime cut please!!

Posted by: Reisinger.4203

Reisinger.4203

You should be getting paid for these suggestions

I agree. Wild, videogamey “novelty” hair styles are cool and all, but don’t always suit the personality/look of the character we may have in mind. Some more variations on “real” styles would be appreciated.

Also, hime cut please!!

The amount of crap in this game that breaks immersion is fine, until megaservers happened… Now RPers and those who like RPers but don’t actually RP have to put up with “Yolo Swaggins” in neon blue hair running around everywhere.

GW2 PvP League Season 3 Tribute: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeKVJ1krPmU

(edited by Reisinger.4203)

Posted by: Vix.6730

Vix.6730

Since this is a vanity-based game I second the call for more hair styles. I’ll take it one one step further and ask for the ability for human females to have tattoos.

Posted by: Harak.8397

Harak.8397

The amount of crap in this game that breaks immersion is fine, until megaservers happened… Now RPers and those who like RPers but don’t actually RP have to put up with “Yolo Swaggins” in neon blue hair running around everywhere.[/quote]

Quite true. Neon blue / pink Charr with Super Saiyen hair are an eyesore. Did I mention Charr could use some less “clownesque” hair styles too ? I know being the joke race is cool and all but some of us DID appreciate the original setting.

Posted by: The Tee Why.4807

The Tee Why.4807

I just wish for asura there was a ‘non bald’ helm wearing texture. (for example zojja’s hat)

Leader of [iLL] iLLuminatriots. | Gate of Madness

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

These are adorable! I would love them to be added to the game.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

D’awwwwwwwww

~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: iriyabran.6218

iriyabran.6218

More hairs without accessories….or make accessories dyable/add more colors for them too :|

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

People keep ignoring the most important question.

Gabby.3205

More hairs without accessories….or make accessories dyable/add more colors for them too :|

I can’t express how much I agree with this.
While I love some of the new asuran hairstyles, not being able to dye the accessories at any time without having to use a hair style kit really ruins them for me.

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Lol. Well, from the pictures in this thread, it looks like hair extensions are considered natural.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/55/46/5f/55465f594bb2e75f09436b6059704fff.jpg

However since ANet hasn’t specified styles for Asura and since Oola shows the styles can be elaborate, I would say just about anything goes.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

wildebat.3650

Lol. Well, from the pictures in this thread, it looks like hair extensions are considered natural.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/55/46/5f/55465f594bb2e75f09436b6059704fff.jpg

However since ANet hasn’t specified styles for Asura and since Oola shows the styles can be elaborate, I would say just about anything goes.

Uh, yeah those are senegalese twists they’re a protective hairstyle for women with natural hair…

Uh, yeah those are senegalese twists they’re a protective hairstyle for women with natural hair…

So you consider that a natural hairstyle? mkay

~Sincerely, Scissors

This is a natural hairstyle (see below)

No knots, no buns, no tails, no bobs. No bells and whistles of any kind.
Just loose hair. That is natural, not whatever you think it is lol.

Sure it can be combed a little bit, it doesn’t have to look like a crow’s nest, but nothing more than that.

Attachments:

~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

wildebat.3650

I don’t think you understand what I mean when I say “natural hair”. We have plenty of relaxed, straight hairstyles in game, typically this is attributed as “white people hair”. Black women who want to achieve this look use hair relaxers to make their hair straight like that. This typically damages their hair. However, when she wears her hair naturally (i.e. no relaxers) it takes on a soft, curly, kinky texture. The appearance and style changes depending on her hair care regimen. This is what I mean by natural hair.

Yes, those senegalese twists ARE a natural hairstyle. I’m not saying women don’t use hair extensions to lengthen it, but women who do wait for their hair to grow out can pull off long, thick twists like that without the aid of extensions. This is also a protective style, worn by women with kinky hair who want to prevent breakage and split ends while growing out their hair.

So my answer is, yes this is natural, m’kay.

Lazaar.9123

You also have to consider what would actually work in gw2, though. Some of these hairstyles could end up looking very ugly in-game.

I don’t think you understand what I mean when I say “natural hair”. We have plenty of relaxed, straight hairstyles in game, typically this is attributed as “white people hair”. Black women who want to achieve this look use hair relaxers to make their hair straight like that. This typically damages their hair. However, when she wears her hair naturally (i.e. no relaxers) it takes on a soft, curly, kinky texture. The appearance and style changes depending on her hair care regimen. This is what I mean by natural hair.

So this ‘natural’ hairstyle is achieved by exposing it to artificially created chemicals, ok.

Also I’d like to point out there is a difference between “Natural hair” and “Natural hairstyle” as you seem to use them as if they mean the same thing.
Natural hair simply means the hair is real hair.
Natural hairstyle implies the hairstyle hasn’t been significantly altered (artificially) by accessoires, knots and chemicals. Or at the very least creates the illusion it wasn’t altered.

If you simply meant real hair then I stand corrected.

~Sincerely, Scissors

wildebat.3650

So this ‘natural’ hairstyle is achieved by exposing it to artificially created chemicals, ok.

Also I’d like to point out there is a difference between “Natural hair” and “Natural hairstyle” as you seem to use them as if they mean the same thing.
Natural hairstyle implies the hairstyle hasn’t been significantly altered (artificially) by accessoires, knots and chemicals. Or at the very least creates the illusion it wasn’t altered.

Did you at all read what I wrote, dude?! I literally said natural hair is achieved when NO artificial chemicals are used to care for the hair. When I use the term “natural hairstyle” I am referring to hairstyles that women who wear their hair naturally can achieve.

Did you at all read what I wrote, dude?! I literally said natural hair is achieved when NO artificial chemicals are used to care for the hair. When I use the term “natural hairstyle” I am referring to hairstyles that women who wear their hair naturally can achieve.

Ah so the hairstyles you showed do not use relaxers. My bad then.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

I think it’s pretty obvious that Wildebat is asking for more African American hairstyles. Although, only her last two pics would qualify as “natural” hairstyles.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

then all you have to look at is this:
https://www.google.nl/search?q=medieval+hairstyles
GW2 isn’t in the modern age we are now, it’s more in the medieval times.

(edited by sorudo.9054)

https://www.google.nl/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1920&bih=950&q=medieval+hairstyles&oq=medieval+hair&gs_l=img.3.0.0l10.3978.13494.0.14649.12.11.0.1.1.0.75.544.11.11.0.msedr...0...1ac.1.61.img..0.12.545.pXr3jjvm2OU

True. But I don’t recall people having blue super saiyan and purple afro hairstyles in the middle ages XD

~Sincerely, Scissors

wildebat.3650

Ah so the hairstyles you showed do not use relaxers. My bad then.

Yes, lol. I suppose I should have been more clear to begin with but I was only using vernacular commonly used in the context of naturally kinky, curly, springy hair.

wildebat.3650

I think it’s pretty obvious that Wildebat is asking for more African American hairstyles. Although, only her last two pics would qualify as “natural” hairstyles.

No, the first two are natural (no relaxer) styles as well.
Also, no need to be weirdly PC about it, they are black hairstyles. (though I suppose white people could achieve similar textures, but then they’d be the ones having to use lots of chemicals get that look)

Gabby.3205

https://www.google.nl/search?q=medieval+hairstyles&biw=1920&bih=950&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=-ui6VIHCEMzzULWagdAM&sqi=2&ved=0CCAQsAQ

GW2 is a mix of styles, but not even the humans are in the medieval times. More like Victorian Era with a bit of steampunk.
The asura have that “magic-crystal-rainbow” tech style, pretty far from medieval, too.
I see no limits to their hairstyles, taking into consideration how many styles are mixed up among the four races that have hair.

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

No, the first two are natural (no relaxer) styles as well.
Also, no need to be weirdly PC about it, they are black hairstyles. (though I suppose white people could achieve similar textures, but then they’d be the ones having to use lots of chemicals get that look)

There’s nothing natural about those long twists. It takes product to get it that smooth, with no flyaways, unless it’s not her actual hair, but a weave. The knots take product too. With all the black women that do my goddaughter’s hair, I’m never heard any of them refer to those styles as “natural”.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

https://www.google.nl/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1920&bih=950&q=medieval+hairstyles&oq=medieval+hair&gs_l=img.3.0.0l10.3978.13494.0.14649.12.11.0.1.1.0.75.544.11.11.0.msedr...0...1ac.1.61.img..0.12.545.pXr3jjvm2OU

True. But I don’t recall people having blue super saiyan and purple afro hairstyles in the middle ages XD

Seems legit…

Attachments:

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Seems legit…

lmao

~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: colanah.2039

colanah.2039

Truthfully, I would enjoy if my elonian had the option for the Sengalese twists or even the existing Norn hair style with the braid/dreadlock bun and ponytail.

GW2 Goals: Perma Hair Style Contract for RP!
[HC] House Corvidae – Leader
[CVIK] Ossan Elonian Guild – Co Lead

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

GW2 is NOT medieval. It’s more like early industrial revolution + magic and magitek.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I’d like a sylvari hairstyle that has corn rows….like actual rows of corn. >.>

Attachments:

Posted by: Mustbeghosts.7043

Mustbeghosts.7043

I completely agree. I would love name natural hairstyles for my human ladies, particularly the one that’s a remake of my Nightfall character. I realize black characters in the game might be able to craft up some hair straightening magic, but not every character is going to want to do that. Especially someone with proud Elonian roots.

Posted by: Sweetblue Huntress.9856

Sweetblue Huntress.9856

Having very curly, “mixed” hair, I’d love to have more curly hairstyles so I could create a mini-me…but if I understand correctly, curly hair is hard to design in game. Not that I’m an expert, but I really haven’t seen any game with curly hair options…true curly, not that wavy stuff. However, the twists and bantu knots should be doable.

Wow, those are really nice.

Hahahahaha!!!! That would be awesome!!

Leta Lorelei – Luwythea – Too many more to name
Jade Quarry

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Put that post and picture in the gem store thread. ^^
Gemstore Items

Posted by: MarySueLlama.8136

MarySueLlama.8136

Since blue super saiyan hair and the like are allowed in GW2, I’d like to make a request to Anet. I have a male human character who really, really needs a gratuitous blond rockabilly pompadour. I’ve seen screenshots of a Charr with a gratuitous blond rockabilly pompadour, so I know you guys can do it. Please? ^^

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

I want to see more Asian hairstyles for us Canthan fans. And longer hair that reaches the buttocks and maybe further to the knees.

Also more military cuts and various fades would be cool.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Posted by: Bazompora.2635

Bazompora.2635

They should include “ethnic” hairstyles for character creation in the expansion purchase and not make us pay gems for every character that needs to have a natural non-Eurasian scalp, because ethnicity is no more a “cosmetic” choice than gender.

In giving you freedom to remake the ethnicity you feel comfortable with, Arenanet could have gone to various lengths in diversifying women’s scalps; from lesser to greater, these could have included:
• non-ethnic options (bald* or do-rag accessory replacing hair entirely)
• non-exclusive ethnic options (cornrows, twists, braided locks, buns)
• natural ethnic options (afro, natural dreads, curly ponytail).

Guilds Wars 2 however includes not even the least of these non-Eurasian options for women — so far.

*Female baldness used to be an iconic presence in Guild Wars (1), for monk PCs, but also a few NPCs;

Attachments:

Elonians who know her history are often proud to have one of their own in the pantheon.

(edited by Bazompora.2635)