More news, less promotions plz

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Phantax.1369

Phantax.1369

I ask this in all honesty, are Anet overly cash orientated?

As usual evryday I log into the forums and spend ten minutes or so browsing the discussion and suggestions in the hopes of finding something informative.

However, lately Ive noticed when logging in that more and more the news seems nothing more than a barrage of ways in which Anet are trying to rip the hard earned cash from our hands.
Dont believe me? click on the GW2 logo and go back to the main page 5 out of the 8 news items are not ‘news’ at all… they are Anet promotions for the TP !

Please guys, this is a great game, but enough is enough already. Lets make the news actually news ! !

/sigh

We’re not retreating… we’re advancing in a different direction !
Money can’t buy happiness, But it allows you to search in more places to find it !

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

News pertains to what might be of interest to GW2 players. The fact that there was a sale on the Gem store is of interest to GW2 players, and so is all the other News.

The game information news that you’re looking for will come next week. Be patient.

Cheers.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Posted by: Phantax.1369

Phantax.1369

Dont get me wrong, like many others Im eagerly awaiting the big January press release for upcoming features.
But when 70%+ of news is actually promotions, or ways of asking us to spend our cash I find that a bit too much.

I dont tune in to the BBC news in a morning and expect Bill Turnbull to start selling me nappies or a pint of milk…lol

We’re not retreating… we’re advancing in a different direction !
Money can’t buy happiness, But it allows you to search in more places to find it !

Posted by: Keiran.1896

Keiran.1896

No news leads to big news.

Especially when you have a team of hundreds of developpers… unless they are all sleeping at work.

Posted by: NetherDiver.6079

NetherDiver.6079

Nothing wrong with promoting their own game, they put these promotions where most people can see them. All that’s happening is you’re being slightly inconvenienced, they’re not forcing you to buy anything. At least these ads don’t pop up in game (I know they’re in the launcher.)

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Because the Devs also work on the Monetization team, amirite?

Devs – Give news on features and what they’re working on.
Monetization – Gives news on cash shop promotions.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.