More report options please

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

Dunno if this is the right place to post this but anyway..

I’ve been playing Gw2 since it’s beta.. and also Gw1 since it’s first year of release..

I care about these games and personally take a strong dislike to players who cheat and exploit certain things in the game to get ahead..

Over time the exploits have changed but the report options have not..

Botting back in the early days was a huge problem.. but I never see them anymore.
AFK farming however seems to be the new common problem.. most of the time it’s Necromancer players with Minions or Trap Rangers and their pets.

For me personally as someone who enjoys and loves both Rangers and the Necro Minion mechanic in Gw2 I do not wish to see any nerfs or changes to those classes come about because of these exploiters.
So I make it a personal mission of reporting these people when I see them.

The problem is.. there isn’t a report option for AFK farming.. the closest is botting which imo is a worse offense.. and also a lot different from AFK farming which isn’t taking advantage of 3rd party software like botting does.

What we really need is an upgraded list of report options to more accurately represent the problems Gw2 has today.. or at the very least a specific option for reporting these AFKfarmers.

Please take this into consideration.. it would mean a lot to me and others like me who really care about this game.

(edited by Teratus.2859)

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I wouldn’t worry too much about the reports not being completely accurate. The system isn’t automated – Anet have told us many times that all reports are reviewed by a real person who will kitten the players behaviour and decide what action to take (if any).

So reporting them for botting when they’re actually afk farming might mean it takes slightly longer for the person looking at the report and the info they have on the players activity to work out what was actually going on, but they’re not just going to be automatically banned for using 3rd party software when they weren’t. (They might still be banned though, I’m not sure what the penalty for afk farming is.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

What we really need is an upgraded list of report options to more accurately represent the problems Gw2 has today.. or at the very least a specific option for reporting these AFKfarmers.

We really don’t need that. Just report them as botters. ANet will investigate.

Keep in mind that every report always gets handled by a human, who works off a checklist. “Verbal abuse” includes a check for word choice as well as whether it’s directed towards the game (often okay) or spewed at an individual (nearly never ok, even if no inappropriate words were used). “Botting” includes checking for AFK Farming.

Better that the devs focus on bigger issues in my opinion.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

We really don’t need that. Just report them as botters. ANet will investigate.

Keep in mind that every report always gets handled by a human, who works off a checklist. “Verbal abuse” includes a check for word choice as well as whether it’s directed towards the game (often okay) or spewed at an individual (nearly never ok, even if no inappropriate words were used). “Botting” includes checking for AFK Farming.

Better that the devs focus on bigger issues in my opinion.

I actually feel like it is a useful thing … maybe just a word change here “botting or afk farming”, but for some other things (eg: “bad guild name”, “bad pet name”), it would be good to have a clearer bucket to throw things into.

I’d also love “being an awful person” as a category, but that one is just me, I’m pretty sure.

At the end of the day, trying to report something by “closest match” feels bad to me. I don’t like saying “botting” when that’s not what I’m talking about, and while I can do the mental substitution, it’s not … nice. Feel bad, buddy.

I agree that it’s not a huge deal, but I’d kind of also hope that it wasn’t a huge deal on the UI changes side to reword it for clarity or whatever. #include <development cost unpredictable rant here> on that one, of course.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Some time back, Gaile said she would ask the Devs about including more categories. I’m guessing not much came of the idea. Perhaps, there are technical limitations that make it less than feasible. /shrug

I believe the official response has been to either use the closest category to what one wishes to report, or if one feels that isn’t clear enough, to use the Support Ticket method.

Good luck.

Posted by: Greener.6204

Greener.6204

I’d also love “being an awful person” as a category, but that one is just me, I’m pretty sure.

Yeah, that carries a poor connotation if it’s something which players can see while in-game, even if it’s hidden in a drop-down menu. Granted, “being a kitten” would lead to some interesting false positives for Support!

G R E E N E R

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

think these are great ideas but also like to see add to this the choice to report some one for talking about politics in the game . as well as players giving their ranger pets bad names as well as political names like trump and putin . and make it also so they are banned from the game . based on these factual reports to anet

no new system upgrades coming

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Oh I’m not against them rephrasing the current options; they’ve always been unhelpfully named. I just don’t think that we need ‘more’ choices.

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

Oh I’m not against them rephrasing the current options; they’ve always been unhelpfully named. I just don’t think that we need ‘more’ choices.

this is a good thing !! its like the verbal abuse thing really does not fit um cuse words too . and this is where we part ways i think we should have it and not only that. but also too now am thinking on this topic . i also like to see option to report some one for talking about religion ingame . and also make it bannable as well as the other choices too . so this way this send a clear message to thos that make them most foolish choices . and keep it from becoming another wow game trade chat politics drama filled central

Illconceived Was Na.9781

this is a good thing !! its like the verbal abuse thing really does not fit um cuse words too . and this is where we part ways i think we should have it and not only that. but also too now am thinking on this topic . i also like to see option to report some one for talking about religion ingame . and also make it bannable as well as the other choices too . so this way this send a clear message to thos that make them most foolish choices . and keep it from becoming another wow game trade chat politics drama filled central

Eh, “verbal abuse” can include just about anything (including, alas, the poor use of grammar, e.g. the abuse of verbs). It just isn’t obvious that it includes other things.

So let me be more specific. Here’s one example of how the current options can be better named to accomplish the OP’s goals.
(I’m not married to the specific words below — I just want to point out that ANet could rephrase things a little to make it more obvious what sorts of reports should go where.)

• Botting Exploiting the game or ToS, including botting, AFK farming, exploiting, or describing an exploit.
  • Inappropriate Character Name Inappropriate names, including character, pet, or guild.
  • Verbal Abuse Verbal Abuse, including inappropriate language, attacks on individuals, hate speech.

(This would require a bigger window and there’s plenty of room.)

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

Eh, “verbal abuse” can include just about anything (including, alas, the poor use of grammar, e.g. the abuse of verbs). It just isn’t obvious that it includes other things.

So let me be more specific. Here’s one example of how the current options can be better named to accomplish the OP’s goals.
(I’m not married to the specific words below — I just want to point out that ANet could rephrase things a little to make it more obvious what sorts of reports should go where.)

• Botting Exploiting the game or ToS, including botting, AFK farming, exploiting, or describing an exploit.
  • Inappropriate Character Name Inappropriate names, including character, pet, or guild.
  • Verbal Abuse Verbal Abuse, including inappropriate language, attacks on individuals, hate speech.

(This would require a bigger window and there’s plenty of room.)

idk i think its possable to keep the window the same size . just make it happen in a dropbox style and it be good to go . and it should include all that as well as what i already said . and just make them out right bannable no second chances or oh they was mad when they said that when it happened just ban them out right and see how fast it stops

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

… but for some other things (eg: “bad guild name”, “bad pet name”), it would be good to have a clearer bucket to throw things into.

I should point out that there is no way for players to report guild or pet names that go against the TOS through the reporting system. (I’m not scouring the forums for the red post that says it, but…) The system does not pull guild/pet names when reporting for a bad name.

The best we can do is screenshot and report by emailing support.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

the one thing that is just unclear to report are gold sellers, that needs an option.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

the one thing that is just unclear to report are gold sellers, that needs an option.

Pretty sure that’s one of the options.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

… but for some other things (eg: “bad guild name”, “bad pet name”), it would be good to have a clearer bucket to throw things into.

I should point out that there is no way for players to report guild or pet names that go against the TOS through the reporting system. (I’m not scouring the forums for the red post that says it, but…) The system does not pull guild/pet names when reporting for a bad name.

The best we can do is screenshot and report by emailing support.

Very true.

Though to their credit, they are very aggressive at dealing with offensive names.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

Pretty sure that’s one of the options.

nope, i had plenty of PM’s from gold sellers but no gold seller option unless they added it last month.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’m afraid you are mistaken, it’s always been an option: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Player_Conduct_Report

Here’s a Wiki page from over two years ago: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Player_Conduct_Report&oldid=942010

Though options might have been added, rest assured, Selling Gold has always been one of the options.

In order to complete the report, a reason must be selected from the dropdown menu. The available reasons are:

Botting
Inappropriate Character Name
Spamming
Verbal Abuse
Scamming
Selling Gold
LFG System Abuse

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Yes. I report people for selling gold every day. ;;

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.