More secret passages secret doors

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mahaedros.7085

Mahaedros.7085

I liked discovering Sharkmaw Caverns for the first time, with the hidden doorways etc.

would love to see more of this in the game.

seems like a great opportunity for Living Story to add a new room or two to buildings or even dungeons when they need a new place for the action to happen.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing – Edmund Burke

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Did you do the Aetherblade JP in Gendarran? (Not really hidden paths, since it requires the jump pads, but ehh, has invisible walls)

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Mahaedros.7085

ya i love stuff like that and don’t understand why it is not more often found in other MMO’s. GW2 does it very well and I would like to see more hidden secrets in the game.

I also love areas that are dark and illuminated by the player via a torch or ability.

Put it out in the open world sometimes and not just in jumping puzzles! Caves, dungeons, underwater- give us secret passages to discover!

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing – Edmund Burke

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

Unfortunately, they’ll have to tell us if they do something. By now, I’m pretty sure a lot of us have wandered around trying to find secrets, trying to find something that was yet to be discovered, trying to follow what we thought were hints.
And after nearly everything ending in dead ends, I know I gave up hoping for something.

Then again, I’ll admit that a lot of the JP and other explorable achievements are well hidden and were nice to discover. I was just sad that there wasn’t anything else even if there were a lot of possibilities.
And reward wise, JP and explorable chests aren’t that nice because there’s no exclusive reward tied to them (I’m not even asking rare and valuable, I’ll be happy with cheap/account bound but at least somewhat useful/fun).

Mahaedros.7085

we would probably find out from Dulfy <3

but however it was done it would really make things better than just speed clearing a dungeon to have secret places to discover.

Currently there are all types of things to discover in the game and I love that aspect of GW2.

More would be better.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

There is a secret Whispers place in Ebonhawke. Always fun to duck in there.

Posted by: charter.4095

charter.4095

There are a bunch of turkeys in AC dungeon.

Posted by: MokahTGS.7850

MokahTGS.7850

There’s a secret garden as well as a hidden cat…if you keep looking there are secrets all over the place.

Mahaedros.7085

There’s a secret garden as well as a hidden cat…if you keep looking there are secrets all over the place.

yup

more is better and secret doors are really cool

Posted by: xXxOrcaxXx.9328

xXxOrcaxXx.9328

They should add a sound if you’ve found a secret, like in Tomb Raider. So you know when you’ve found stuff which isn’t meant to be found easy.

Ranger - Guardian - Warrior - Elementalist - Necromancer - Mesmer
EU Elona Reach – Void Sentinels

Posted by: biofrog.1568

biofrog.1568

Hahah actually that’s a brilliant idea for a dynamic event..

“Darkness comes to Tyria!”

Get rid of the global illumination light sources and make the entire world (or at least one map) only lit from dynamic light sources, like our torches, skills and Mad King books or like.

It would be reminiscent of Diablo 2 Act III, once the eclipse sets in.. That was so annoying, but cool story-wise, for a brief time!

Instead of an eclipse, make it a pitch-black cloud, with a jumping puzzle you have to hop up until you are above the clouds, and can fight the source of the evil black cloud… I guess I’m kind of evil for thinking like this, heheh

“There’s no lag but what we make.” – biofrog

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

Hahah actually that’s a brilliant idea for a dynamic event..

“Darkness comes to Tyria!”

Get rid of the global illumination light sources and make the entire world (or at least one map) only lit from dynamic light sources, like our torches, skills and Mad King books or like.

It would be reminiscent of Diablo 2 Act III, once the eclipse sets in.. That was so annoying, but cool story-wise, for a brief time!

Instead of an eclipse, make it a pitch-black cloud, with a jumping puzzle you have to hop up until you are above the clouds, and can fight the source of the evil black cloud… I guess I’m kind of evil for thinking like this, heheh

This game would be so much cooler if you needed a torch or lantern to navigate caves or even at night time.