More seductive outfits for charr

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I doubt that charr standards of seduction would even match our own. For all we know, a charrs attractiveness could be measured by size of the horns, with no merit being given to the outfit at all.

But what if said female charr is trying to attract a handsome human thief that killed an Elder Dragon by joining the Tyria High Varsity Cheerleader team, only to be disappointed by the lack of seductive outfits in the Gem Store? The day the Exemplar outfits are released, is the day of redemption.

She could always transfer to TC Bayside High, where the cheerleader squad is ranked #1 NA, but her family currently doesn’t have the funds to pay for such a move. Still, Tyria High is a fine school for all RPers to attend. A charr can learn a lot about humans there.

Why would a female Charr be trying to attract a human?

Because interracial love has no boundaries?

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Much to my charrgrin this thread is exactly what I though it was about. Peacers.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

I doubt that charr standards of seduction would even match our own. For all we know, a charrs attractiveness could be measured by size of the horns, with no merit being given to the outfit at all.

But what if said female charr is trying to attract a handsome human thief that killed an Elder Dragon by joining the Tyria High Varsity Cheerleader team, only to be disappointed by the lack of seductive outfits in the Gem Store? The day the Exemplar outfits are released, is the day of redemption.

She could always transfer to TC Bayside High, where the cheerleader squad is ranked #1 NA, but her family currently doesn’t have the funds to pay for such a move. Still, Tyria High is a fine school for all RPers to attend. A charr can learn a lot about humans there.

Interracial love doesn’t have, no.

Interspecies love, however, definitely should have.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

Well, this thread went downhill

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Oh please dont start this in game…i have to put up with this enough IRL…

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I like charr to look kinda military. But that’s just me.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Sentient beings who can communicate will find ways to love one another. It’s kind of beautiful, if you don’t think about it too hard. (They’ll find ways to hate each other, too, of course.) /serious note

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Hmmm, well what profession is this female charr?

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Interracial love doesn’t have, no.

Interspecies love, however, definitely should have.

Apparently not on these forums.

Next thing up will be a request for asura in seductive outfits…

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

In real life, women in the military still dress nice when going out. You’re not constantly at war, so there’s no need to be in digies 24/7. Warbands are the same. Females remove their plate armors when looking for mates, and might buy an outfit like the Exemplar.

Next thing up will be a request for asura in seductive outfits…

Nothing wrong with Exemplar outfits for asura. If an asura were to want to attract that big burly norn that saved her from dragon minions, this would be the perfect outfit for her.

Attachments:

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

(edited by Smooth Penguin.5294)

Leo G.4501

Sentient beings who can communicate will find ways to love one another. It’s kind of beautiful, if you don’t think about it too hard. (They’ll find ways to hate each other, too, of course.) /serious note

True!

We all know how smart dolphins are. I remember reading a story about a Dolphin pretty much falling in love with a female trainer after they lived together for a moderate duration, even to the point of the Dolphin trying to mate her. Of course such a relationship would never work as the trainer was eventually separated from the Dolphin. Heart broken, the Dolphin got depressed, stopped eating and eventually committed suicide by staying at the bottom of his tank.

Don’t ask me why I was reading stories like that. Just Internetz.

Posted by: Witch of Doom.5739

Witch of Doom.5739

My female Charr looks ludicrous in anything other than heavy armor. I would venture to say all Charr look silly in anything else. The absolute worst example is this:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/d/dd/Fancy_Winter_Outfit_charr_female_front.jpg

It’s like that scene in the animated “Beauty and the Beast” where Beast gets all dressed up with his hair curled, and his minions say, “You look…. you look….”

“RIDICULOUS!!”

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

My female Charr looks ludicrous in anything other than heavy armor. I would venture to say all Charr look silly in anything else. The absolute worst example is this:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/d/dd/Fancy_Winter_Outfit_charr_female_front.jpg

It’s like that scene in the animated “Beauty and the Beast” where Beast gets all dressed up with his hair curled, and his minions say, “You look…. you look….”

“RIDICULOUS!!”

And that is your opinion. We just want options instead of most armors looking almost the kitten same.

Posted by: Widebody.5071

Widebody.5071

I guess the op wants to see more tail.

Posted by: Xdmatt.3958

Xdmatt.3958

OP – please. For the love of god, PLEASE. Tell me you don’t own any cats.
Or any dogs for good measure.
And if you do, please turn your pets in to the Humane Society.

Because anyone asking for a “seductive” outfit for an animalistic race has some serious wires crossed in the ol’ noggin.
You didn’t ask for “skimpy”, mind you, which I wouldn’t have a problem with. You asked for “seductive”. Two big differences as we say in Odessa; look it up.

Your thread title is, quite frankly, disgusting.

How am I gonna be an optimist about this?

Zero Day.2594

OP – please. For the love of god, PLEASE. Tell me you don’t own any cats.
Or any dogs for good measure.
And if you do, please turn your pets in to the Humane Society.

Because anyone asking for a “seductive” outfit for an animalistic race has some serious wires crossed in the ol’ noggin.
You didn’t ask for “skimpy”, mind you, which I wouldn’t have a problem with. You asked for “seductive”. Two big differences as we say in Odessa; look it up.

Your thread title is, quite frankly, disgusting.

Depends on how you interpret it.

Yeah one interpretation is disgusting.

The other is seductive in charr culture – whatever that might mean. Maybe in their culture it’s more armor and less tail… Or someone posted a picture of lady gaga (?) covered in steak/meat, maybe their culture finds that to be seductive.

But yeah, this really isn’t a post you see everyday.

Join the TEEFs!

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Maybe it’s a troll thread.

Zero Day.2594

Maybe it’s a troll thread.

I don’t think it is… which again could be a scary thing.

Join the TEEFs!

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Almost all of my characters are Charr. I enjoy playing as that race, truly.
With that said….
I don’t understand why a Charr character should be sexually appealing to a human player. Showing more fur while maintaining a battle ready appearance? Sure. But sexually? That’s disturbing.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Zero Day.2594

Almost all of my characters are Charr. I enjoy playing as that race, truly.
With that said….
I don’t understand why a Charr character should be sexually appealing to a human player. Showing more fur while maintaining a battle ready appearance? Sure. But sexually? That’s disturbing.

Just give the benefit of the doubt that the OP meant seductive to the Charr race – which could be anything other than what we find seductive.

Join the TEEFs!

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

There are female charr. They usually have a unisex look to their clothing. Why wouldn’t they want an option to appear more feminine if they chose to?

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I am a hardcore Charr roleplayer, and I approve this message. Every. Last. Word.

Whys she trying to seduce the human instead of just acting like a normal cat and wanting meowmix and headpets/cuddles? Charr are supposed to be fluffycute not sexy. :O

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Guhracie.3419

True!

We all know how smart dolphins are. I remember reading a story about a Dolphin pretty much falling in love with a female trainer after they lived together for a moderate duration, even to the point of the Dolphin trying to mate her. Of course such a relationship would never work as the trainer was eventually separated from the Dolphin. Heart broken, the Dolphin got depressed, stopped eating and eventually committed suicide by staying at the bottom of his tank.

I didn’t say “smart,” I said “sentient,” but nice try. I also said “who can communicate,” which I figured would be enough to derail the whole “dolphin” concept, but whatever. You’ve obviously never seen Rule 34 at work with the Star Trek universe. Consenting, self-aware and able to share a common language- fluently- is what I meant.

Edit: Okay, so… I apparently misread the tone in which this was originally posted. I think (?) we’re arguing the same thing… ish. But I thought you were being snide, like, “Oh, yeah, well, it’s like the age-old tale of that time a squirrel fell in love with a human… rollseyes.” However, dogs have been known to get depressed after the deaths of their owners, so I’m not sure it can be likened to a true partnership. At the very least, I think this was meant to be supportive, and I did not take it that way, at all. Apologies.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien

(edited by Guhracie.3419)

Posted by: Garth Thurgen.1380

Garth Thurgen.1380

True!

I didn’t say “smart,” I said “sentient,” but nice try. I also said “who can communicate,” which I figured would be enough to derail the whole “dolphin” concept, but whatever. You’ve obviously never seen Rule 34 at work with the Star Trek universe. Consenting, self-aware and able to share a common language- fluently- is what I meant.

We’ve been able to talk with dolphins for years ( http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg22129624.300-dolphin-whistle-instantly-translated-by-computer.html#.VR5PDfnF9vw ). Saying “those that we can communicate with” doesn’t exactly derail dolphins of all animals. Similarly, dolphins are also sentient, so that’s not exactly something that you can hold against him in the same way that he can’t really hold this whole “Charr getting in a relationship with a human” thing. It’s only your personal feelings, not the reality of the situation.

Though, using Star Trek as the example is pretty fitting for this topic.

Posted by: Oreithyia.3064

Oreithyia.3064

I don’t like the thought of people wanting the charr to look “seductive”.
Not only because they’re animal creatures but also because of the way “love” and “romantic feelings” is not exactly a focus of their culture and I think in most cultures this stuff, at the beginning, follows the needs of the main portion of the members of the respective group.
i think we can be pretty sure, that the concept of “romantic love” in the human sense is actually relatively rare amoung charr.
they surely have feelings of love, but these are probably more accepted towards their warband and legion than an individual.
I can see a lot of male and female being “married” to their warband (not in the sexual sense of course, I don’t want to think about sexual stuff when it comes to animal-like creatures).
I think procreation has in charr-society a much more practical reasoning behind it than actual romantic affenction.

Posted by: Ice.5162

Ice.5162

Just make an option for both skimpy and strong armor versions for all races and genders and stop judging other people for their tastes and fetishes.

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

Just make an option for both skimpy and strong armor versions for all races and genders and stop judging other people for their tastes and fetishes.

I 100% agree with this.

Posted by: Oreithyia.3064

Oreithyia.3064

I 100% agree with this.

they already “judge” the taste of the players, by making the PCs all the same age of young adults instead of including children and older characters and not making the guys wear “seductive” outfits, like the girls (still having my fingers crossed for cheek-free pants for the norn and human guys though…just for the lulz of it.).
I don’t think it is a bad thing to keep certain fetishes out of a game, that’s PG12.
There are lot of “sexy” outfits for norn and humans, i don’t think we needs more “sexy” races.

(edited by Oreithyia.3064)

Posted by: Lazaar.9123

Lazaar.9123

they already “judge” the taste of the players, by making the PCs all the same age of young adults instead of including children and older characters and not making the guys wear “seductive” outfits, like the girls (still having my fingers crossed for cheek-free pants for the norn and human guys though…just for the lulz of it.).
I don’t think it is a bad thing to keep certain fetishes out of a game, that’s PG12.
There are lot of “sexy” outfits for norn and humans, i don’t think we needs more “sexy” races.

Actually the ESRB rating is Teen, not PG12. Also, how is the age thing relative to this subject matter at all? And the post is talking about the people in this thread needlessly judging other people on what they may or may not like, derailing the topic. Also, post full of double standards.

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

There are female charr. They usually have a unisex look to their clothing. Why wouldn’t they want an option to appear more feminine if they chose to?

I’ve always thought this about asura, too.

My girlfriend has made some truly cute asuran characters, but all their armour/outfit models seem to be male only, which is a bit meh.

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Guhracie.3419

True!

We’ve been able to talk with dolphins for years ( http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg22129624.300-dolphin-whistle-instantly-translated-by-computer.html#.VR5PDfnF9vw ). Saying “those that we can communicate with” doesn’t exactly derail dolphins of all animals. Similarly, dolphins are also sentient, so that’s not exactly something that you can hold against him in the same way that he can’t really hold this whole “Charr getting in a relationship with a human” thing. It’s only your personal feelings, not the reality of the situation.

Did you even read that article? We haven’t been able to talk “with” dolphins at all. Citing that article as a source is utter rubbish. There’s nothing meaningful about that sort of communication- we haven’t been able to talk with them. Not, as I said, in a fluent language.

That’s like saying that we can talk with dogs because you taught your dog how to sit. That’s not communication, and it certainly isn’t anything that implies consent. This is a joke thread, clearly, but our co-existence with these other races in the game runs far deeper than a simple “call and response” system of “communication” that was described in the article. It was a single word, two years ago, and further study indicates it’s not even a match to the word/sound association they were trying to teach.

When we can discuss philosophy, art, scientific concepts, societal constructs, ethics, traditions, history, government and, like I previously mentioned… consent, with dolphins, then I’ll consider rethinking my stance. Until then, dolphins are smart, self-aware creatures, but are not capable of meaningful communication that would be required to gain consent.

Ugh. And this thread was amusing me.

-Mike O’Brien

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I’ve been looking at this title all day and I just can’t get my head around Charr dressed seductively. Chainmail and knuckdusters, or ball gowns?

Too weird man, too weird.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Leo G.4501

True!

Well the experiment that trainer was participating in was to teach dolphins to communicate in English, so. . .

But honestly, you’re daft if your expectations require flawless fluent communication, not to mention, duh no one will be able to give you a real world example to parallel Tyria. Lol you must be crazy with such expectations. But if a creature without full on sentience can form such artificial bonds that even slightly resembling love, it’s rather farfetched to believe species who are fully sentient that have exhibited many similar emotions such as joy, fear, hate and bond could not form such bonds.

The fact that the ‘races’ of Tyria still retain human base features, actions and reactions should be enough to trip up your intolerance of the idea of such a bond but previous mentions by devs about relations across these ‘races’ should practically blow the feet off your stance. The races already do interact on that level so I’m sorry if you don’t accept that.

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

Alright so on a more serious note. I can understand full well why a Charr female may want to be “Seductive”. I’ve been in and out of RP communities for nearly nine years, starting in WoW and branching all over games and forms of media.

Just off the top of my head there’s nearly a half dozen scenarios why this makes sense.

Perhaps she’s attempting to attract a male Charr who seems to have a taste for humans. It was heavily implied that, back during the Ascolonian war Charr soldiers not only ate humans but would…. “Make use” of prisoners. While not in black and white ((Anywhere I could find at least)) it has been implied. So it’s not too far fetched that a Charr male, may at one point have an attraction to human females.

So perhaps this female Charr is attempting to seduce a male from a powerful warband who has an attraction to female humans… What better way then to emulate it within your own race, she may be on a misguided attempt to take what "She " finds alluring about human females.

Perhaps, in the same sense she is trying to attract a human.

Another scenario… Whilst fighting in the Mists she came across a human warrior. While not that odd, perhaps IC this human warrior took down three other combatants at once, including another Charr. The Charr value strength in their militaristic society… Well kitten, what’s hotter then that battle hardened soldier that just took down one of your own kind plus two other’s… He’s gotta look like a kitten stud.

You gotta remember, just because a society needs to act one way, does not mean every single member, like robots off an assembly line need to act in the same manner.

Lets use Drizzit from the D&D forgotten realms series as an example.

The drow themselves within D&D are murderous, xenophobic ((In the sense they hate all other races and believe they are inferior to Drow.)) race.

Drizzit on the other hand completely counters the Drow’s murderous, backstabbing society, completely going against their culture.

“Drizzt is a drow who acts against the drow stereotype, favoring friendship and peace over hatred and violence.”

At the end of the day you need to remember, different strokes for different folks. And in a fantasy setting such as Tyria, the game is built around interesting, complex story. The OP looks to break the mold most Charr have, hop off that assembly line and forge their own bit of story perhaps with a quirk or two, here and there. It’s all about that characters development.

I do hope this long TL:DR post might sway or even open the minds of a few people that may not have understood this concept. Remember there’s nothing to hate about here, we are all part of the same community. Be it PVP’er RP’er PVE’er and all mixing of those three.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

(edited by WereDragon.6083)

Posted by: Garth Thurgen.1380

Garth Thurgen.1380

True!

Did you even read that article? We haven’t been able to talk “with” dolphins at all. Citing that article as a source is utter rubbish. There’s nothing meaningful about that sort of communication- we haven’t been able to talk with them. Not, as I said, in a fluent language.

That’s like saying that we can talk with dogs because you taught your dog how to sit. That’s not communication, and it certainly isn’t anything that implies consent. This is a joke thread, clearly, but our co-existence with these other races in the game runs far deeper than a simple “call and response” system of “communication” that was described in the article. It was a single word, two years ago, and further study indicates it’s not even a match to the word/sound association they were trying to teach.

When we can discuss philosophy, art, scientific concepts, societal constructs, ethics, traditions, history, government and, like I previously mentioned… consent, with dolphins, then I’ll consider rethinking my stance. Until then, dolphins are smart, self-aware creatures, but are not capable of meaningful communication that would be required to gain consent.

Ugh. And this thread was amusing me.

Dude, the article directly states that they were able to live translate what a dolphin was saying. That implies a language barrier has been breached (okay, not so much “implies” as “directly states”), and that communication is now possible on a far more in-depth level than before (we had already made devises capable of the opposite direction of communication). This isn’t like Lilly’s study, which could actually draw parallels with the whole “dog” comment, but actual, tangible communication being done. Not everything has to be done in English.

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

OK, I cannot (nor will I speak on player feelings/thoughts regarding the attractiveness of Charr). its just not my thing, but to each their own I guess.

What I WILL speak on however are Charr, their lore and their society and how we as both players and non-Charr should not try to project our non-Charr-ness on them.

Charr are not human (obviously) and to that end do not have the same courting rituals that we do. I’m sure just as we recognize how Baboons court and mate, as humans we just don’t DO that ourselves. Our bottoms are not bright red, nor do they swell, etc. same goes for things like ostriches that perform a fairly ridiculous looking “dance” to attract mates. We see it, can recognize it for what it is, but won’t ever do it ourselves since that isn’t how we roll. We go for the nice outfits and body accentuating dress styles because that is our primary way of attracting mates, followed by bad jokes and awkward conversation. We are a highly social group with nuanced and highly varied views on life, politics, religion, etc.

Charr are not human. Charr are tribal and combative, even among themselves with small units that become like families. They are militaristic and even hand their children over to be raised by others. From a clothing aspect they tend to wear the same thing across genders as their clothes are not used to define them, or rather their gender isn’t as important as their function to the unit. From a mating standpoint I’d wager the suitability of a mate comes down to: Will this mate help make strong offspring to be proud of, can this mate be trusted, some healthy does of pheromones during “mating season”. Perhaps certain things about appearance may come into play, but the appear things might be length of tail or horns and not whether the mate looks good in a corset. “Sexy” outfits for Charr such as the one in the OP,I would think, would give most Charr a hearty laugh as they sat around in the Black Citadel while the one modeling the outfit pranced around making fun of humans and their need for such dresses. I just can’t imagine a Charr ever seriously wearing an outfit like that intentionally, nor any outfit like it.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Leo G.4501

You gotta remember, just because a society needs to act one way, does not mean every single member, like robots off an assembly line need to act in the same manner.

Yes. YEES! Someone gets it!

Many people might not like Tybalt, but I really enjoyed his character for the exact reason that he seemed to be different from standard Charr soldier kill-bots that most NPCs tend to be. He was funny, lighthearted, outwardly anxious and goofy at times. Made me realize that no, not every character of every race has to embody that race’s social norms wholeheartedly.

That’s why I made my Asura a cook, a tailor and a fashion nut that likely would fit in with the bunch of aristocrats in Divinity’s Reach…not so much the intellectuals of Rata Sum. And he’s kitten adorable! The ladies would just wuv to huggle him

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

Pretty much what Pookie and others have said. I won’t go as far as to say that those wanting to roleplay a “sexy” (in a human sense) charr are doing it wrong, but …eh, it’s not exactly GW even if you come up with a dozen justifications for it.

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

I wouldn’t be opposed to this if it didn’t cost immersion/seem completely infeasible when compared to existing lore in exchange. Seems like thin ice to cross.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Leo G.4501

I wouldn’t be opposed to this if it didn’t cost immersion/seem completely infeasible when compared to existing lore in exchange. Seems like thin ice to cross.

Frankly, practically everything everyone wears feels immersion breaking. All the dragon wings, Quaggan backpacks, floating fireball shoulders, goat feet, etc.

This is just 1 more in a pile to me.

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

OK, I cannot (nor will I speak on player feelings/thoughts regarding the attractiveness of Charr). its just not my thing, but to each their own I guess.

What I WILL speak on however are Charr, their lore and their society and how we as both players and non-Charr should not try to project our non-Charr-ness on them.

Charr are not human (obviously) and to that end do not have the same courting rituals that we do. I’m sure just as we recognize how Baboons court and mate, as humans we just don’t DO that ourselves. Our bottoms are not bright red, nor do they swell, etc. same goes for things like ostriches that perform a fairly ridiculous looking “dance” to attract mates. We see it, can recognize it for what it is, but won’t ever do it ourselves since that isn’t how we roll. We go for the nice outfits and body accentuating dress styles because that is our primary way of attracting mates, followed by bad jokes and awkward conversation. We are a highly social group with nuanced and highly varied views on life, politics, religion, etc.

Charr are not human. Charr are tribal and combative, even among themselves with small units that become like families. They are militaristic and even hand their children over to be raised by others. From a clothing aspect they tend to wear the same thing across genders as their clothes are not used to define them, or rather their gender isn’t as important as their function to the unit. From a mating standpoint I’d wager the suitability of a mate comes down to: Will this mate help make strong offspring to be proud of, can this mate be trusted, some healthy does of pheromones during “mating season”. Perhaps certain things about appearance may come into play, but the appear things might be length of tail or horns and not whether the mate looks good in a corset. “Sexy” outfits for Charr such as the one in the OP,I would think, would give most Charr a hearty laugh as they sat around in the Black Citadel while the one modeling the outfit pranced around making fun of humans and their need for such dresses. I just can’t imagine a Charr ever seriously wearing an outfit like that intentionally, nor any outfit like it.

You make some good and valid points, though I would like to turn my case towards Rox and Braham who have been incredibly close though the whole of living world season 2. Both of them give off heavy vibes of close companionship even going so far as to be concerned with each other far more then the rest of destiny’s edge 2.0 Rox even gave up her chance at a higher Warband status simply to fix Braham’s broken leg during the battle with Scarlet, securing the kill for the main PC over herself and her chance at Rytloks warband.

During the Maze even in the living story she actually expresses worry over Braham not even mentioning the rest of the group once you’ve found her.

Getting near Rox
Rox: Who’s there? Boss, is that you?

Approaching Rox (without Braham)
Rox: You see Braham? You’d think he’d be as noisy as a buck in a bramble patch, big as he is.

Speaking with Rox (without Braham)
Hey. We got some work to do. Braham’s still lost. I haven’t seen him since the vines snatched us.

Approaching Rox (with Braham)
Rox: Good to see ya. Braham, you’re alive. Good.

She clearly has a deeper connection to him then the rest of the group and Braham’s dialog mirrors this just not nearly as heavily.

This of course can all be conjecture and a possible “Reading too deep into it.” But it also carries the proof that between sentient species in Tyria Biology may not play such a heavy role in choosing a love interest.

((Information taken from the GW2 wiki. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Into_the_Labyrinth ))

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

(edited by WereDragon.6083)

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

Frankly, practically everything everyone wears feels immersion breaking. All the dragon wings, Quaggan backpacks, floating fireball shoulders, goat feet, etc.

Well, yeah.

Bikini cats ho, then~

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Dude, the article directly states that they were able to live translate what a dolphin was saying. That implies a language barrier has been breached (okay, not so much “implies” as “directly states”), and that communication is now possible on a far more in-depth level than before (we had already made devises capable of the opposite direction of communication). This isn’t like Lilly’s study, which could actually draw parallels with the whole “dog” comment, but actual, tangible communication being done. Not everything has to be done in English.

That article doesn’t show that dolphins have a language or that there is true communication going on between humans and dolphins. The researchers invented a dolphin like sound and they labeled it Sargassum. They played it near a pod of wild dolphins and one of them eventually mimicked the sound. There is absolutely no indication that the dolphin knew it was a word or knew it had a meaning in English. All it showed was that dolphins, like a mockingbird imitating a car alarm, will imitate the sounds they hear and that a computer can pick up a human generated artificial “whistle word” that was made by an animal and give it the human assigned meaning.

It would be the same if they played that whistle (but named it Tree) near a mockingbird till the mockingbird imitated it and their computer picked it up. The mockingbird isn’t saying Tree when he imitates the sound he hears.

“It detected a whistle for sargassum, or seaweed, which she and her team had invented to use when playing with the dolphin pod.”

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Leo G.4501

Well, yeah.

Bikini cats ho, then~

Well, a Charr female in a bikini would actually look alot more natural than that exemplar stuff…

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

This is soooo wrong. But i want to see it (?) _ (?)

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Hey guys! What’s going on in this thre—o—oh.. oh. Okay… alright.. I’ll… I’ll just leave you all to it then… sorry to interrupt. /closesdoor

Posted by: Lorgus.6148

Lorgus.6148

Hey guys! What’s going on in this thre—o—oh.. oh. Okay… alright.. I’ll… I’ll just leave you all to it then… sorry to interrupt. /closesdoor

Posting in this thread got me my first infraction. I should have ran when I had the chance =>

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

You make some good and valid points, though I would like to turn my case towards Rox and Braham who have been incredibly close though the whole of living world season 2. Both of them give off heavy vibes of close companionship even going so far as to be concerned with each other far more then the rest of destiny’s edge 2.0

(snipped the rest for length)

This assumes people can’t be best friends without some sort of sexual tension creeping in. I see no reason why Rox would think romantically of Braham.

In college I had a very good friend. He wasn’t at all my type physically or mentally when it came to what attracted me. But we did a ton of things together from role playing games to eating out. When he was suddenly and painfully hospitalized, he loaned me his sporty car so I could get to the hospital to visit him every day.

So then a dorm-mate of mine, part of the circle of friends, asked to walk with me to the library. On the way she revealed she’d started dating my friend. I gave a joyous “That’s great!” response. “He’s really been needing someone!” And she was completely boggled because the other women in the dorm had assured her I’d excrete bricks over it. They couldn’t believe that despite being opposite genders, we really were just friends.

As far as I’m concerned, Rox and Braham are simply super good friends. If she put on a human-style corset he’d tease her horribly, not get excited. Assuming Norn even find such things a turn on any more than Charr would.

I like the outfit, I really do. But not on my Charr. What others put on their Charr is their own business — heck, I could even see a good RPer coming up with an in-character reason for it that fits canon. Mostly having to do with lost bets. It still will never be “seductive” to me.

Guhracie.3419

Bahaha. I can’t upvote this post enough.

That article doesn’t show that dolphins have a language or that there is true communication going on between humans and dolphins. The researchers invented a dolphin like sound and they labeled it Sargassum. They played it near a pod of wild dolphins and one of them eventually mimicked the sound. There is absolutely no indication that the dolphin knew it was a word or knew it had a meaning in English. All it showed was that dolphins, like a mockingbird imitating a car alarm, will imitate the sounds they hear and that a computer can pick up a human generated artificial “whistle word” that was made by an animal and give it the human assigned meaning.

It would be the same if they played that whistle (but named it Tree) near a mockingbird till the mockingbird imitated it and their computer picked it up. The mockingbird isn’t saying Tree when he imitates the sound he hears.

“It detected a whistle for sargassum, or seaweed, which she and her team had invented to use when playing with the dolphin pod.”

Thank you. It’s only communication if the dolphin has a concept of language, not just actions=consequences. Your example with mimicry is much more spot-on than my “teaching a dog to sit” was.

Also, Leo G, I appear to have misunderstood your premise/tone, and I’ve updated my previous post in response to you to reflect that.

-Mike O’Brien

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

She clearly has a deeper connection to him then the rest of the group and Braham’s dialog mirrors this just not nearly as heavily.

This of course can all be conjecture and a possible “Reading too deep into it.” But it also carries the proof that between sentient species in Tyria Biology may not play such a heavy role in choosing a love interest.

((Information taken from the GW2 wiki. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Into_the_Labyrinth ))

I’m not addressing cross race attractions, only manner of dress and the reasons thereof.

Historically (and geographically as we discovered in GW1) the Norn and the Charr have been close races. Both always regarded each other with respect and have VERY similar tribal aspects to their cultures. Both value survival, strength, and “the hunt” as well as self sufficiency.

Both Rox and Brahm were loners that were looking for something to belong to and prove themselves to someone/find acceptance from one they looked up to and in the process found a kindred spirit in one another. I don’t doubt for a second that they were/are developing feelings for one another (since culturally again) they might find those things attractive in one another. The manner of dress doesn’t enter into for either of them, and THAT to me makes them having these feelings for each other even better for me since it goes deeper than base looks. Thing is, they are both very practical as well and know that in the end it won’t work (can’t work?) in the way a human and an Asura probably would never work. (And here i mean in a having offspring kind of way. A relationship might work, but the respective societies they are from might give them hell for it).

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!