More seductive outfits for charr

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Forum bug…woot. Fun times. Don’t mind me.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

I doubt that charr standards of seduction would even match our own. For all we know, a charrs attractiveness could be measured by size of the horns, with no merit being given to the outfit at all.

But what if said female charr is trying to attract a handsome human thief that killed an Elder Dragon by joining the Tyria High Varsity Cheerleader team, only to be disappointed by the lack of seductive outfits in the Gem Store? The day the Exemplar outfits are released, is the day of redemption.

She could always transfer to TC Bayside High, where the cheerleader squad is ranked #1 NA, but her family currently doesn’t have the funds to pay for such a move. Still, Tyria High is a fine school for all RPers to attend. A charr can learn a lot about humans there.

Why would a female Charr be trying to attract a human?

Sentient beings who can communicate will find ways to love one another. It’s kind of beautiful, if you don’t think about it too hard. (They’ll find ways to hate each other, too, of course.) /serious note

Well, obviously it’s not as bad as a human sexually abusing an animal, but I still think the general rule is:

If the coupling is incapable of creating offspring (in general, I mean – I’m not referring to specific cases of infertility), it probably shouldn’t be happening at all.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

I doubt that charr standards of seduction would even match our own. For all we know, a charrs attractiveness could be measured by size of the horns, with no merit being given to the outfit at all.

But what if said female charr is trying to attract a handsome human thief that killed an Elder Dragon by joining the Tyria High Varsity Cheerleader team, only to be disappointed by the lack of seductive outfits in the Gem Store? The day the Exemplar outfits are released, is the day of redemption.

She could always transfer to TC Bayside High, where the cheerleader squad is ranked #1 NA, but her family currently doesn’t have the funds to pay for such a move. Still, Tyria High is a fine school for all RPers to attend. A charr can learn a lot about humans there.

Sentient beings who can communicate will find ways to love one another. It’s kind of beautiful, if you don’t think about it too hard. (They’ll find ways to hate each other, too, of course.) /serious note

Well, obviously it’s not as bad as a human sexually abusing an animal, but I still think the general rule is:

If the coupling is incapable of creating offspring (in general, I mean – I’m not referring to specific cases of infertility), it probably shouldn’t be happening at all.

It’s like you have never loved someone before. Once you love someone (which generally isn’t a choice you make) you can’t just turn your heart off.

Tigaseye.2047

In real life, women in the military still dress nice when going out. You’re not constantly at war, so there’s no need to be in digies 24/7. Warbands are the same. Females remove their plate armors when looking for mates, and might buy an outfit like the Exemplar.

Next thing up will be a request for asura in seductive outfits…

Nothing wrong with Exemplar outfits for asura. If an asura were to want to attract that big burly norn that saved her from dragon minions, this would be the perfect outfit for her.

I’m trying not to think would happen to the poor Asura in that kind of totally size inappropriate situation.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Tigaseye.2047

It’s like you have never loved someone before. Once you love someone (which generally isn’t a choice you make) you can’t just turn your heart off.

No, it’s like I have only loved other human beings in that way.

As, I would hope, have we all…

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

No offense intended really, but im glad that the law makers dont really agree with this!(i didnt get offended! xD) Otherwise me and my BF, because of what i am, wouldnt be allowed to be together

Now i do agree on the animal sexual abuse though!

Plus, relationships that cant produce offspring have been going forever in fantasy worlds! I know it wont change your opinion at all(Nor am i trying to) but, in a book from the greyhawk series, the “Whiteplume Mountain Trilogy” A fairy and human get married, a sphinx and a human fall in love. It makes for a good story sometimes, and thats really only one of many examples from the books i own let alone have read!

edit: but if you dont like it, you dont like it and really theres nothing wrong with that, unless you enforce it on others, and from what i have seen. You havent so~

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

(edited by Dante.1763)

Ralanost.8913

I can’t hold a conversation with anything other than a human in real life. That’s different in fantasy worlds. I would hope you understand that.

Tigaseye.2047

No offense intended really, but im glad that the law makers dont really agree with this!(i didnt get offended! xD) Otherwise me and my BF, because of what i am, wouldnt be allowed to be together

Now i do agree on the animal sexual abuse though!

Plus, relationships that cant produce offspring have been going forever in fantasy worlds! I know it wont change your opinion at all(Nor am i trying to) but, in a book from the greyhawk series, the “Whiteplume Mountain Trilogy” A fairy and human get married, a sphinx and a human fall in love. It makes for a good story sometimes, and thats really only one of many examples from the books i own let alone have read!

Well, obviously, I’m referring to a hetero coupling there.

I probably should have added that gay couplings are obviously also perfectly fine, as long as the male/female equivalent of them could potentially produce offspring.

It’s OK in a story, I suppose (kind of…), but I still don’t think it would be advisable IRL.

Stories like that are just supposed to be fiction – not a manual for how you should live your own life.

Fortunately, it’s not something we currently have to deal with IRL.

Dante.1763

Well, obviously, I’m referring to a hetero coupling there.

I probably should have added that gay couplings are obviously also perfectly fine, as long as the male/female equivalent of them could potentially produce offspring.

It’s OK in a story, I suppose (kind of…), but I still don’t think it would be advisable IRL.

Stories like that are just supposed to be fiction – not a manual for how you should live your own life.

Fortunately, it’s not something we currently have to deal with IRL.

I knew what you where referring to! xD And i just assumed gay couples where fine by your example, of which i am not(will not say in the open forums).

And yes, they are fiction and will more than likely always remain fiction(Science may prove me wrong! they have done so a couple times so far), and even if it does become a reality, it wont be for a very long time if ever. And i do agree, you shouldnt live your life by what happens in video games!(no kidding?!)

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Tigaseye.2047

I can’t hold a conversation with anything other than a human in real life. That’s different in fantasy worlds. I would hope you understand that.

Yes, of course I do.

That wasn’t a dig at you personally – it was more a reference to the worrying things that are thrown up by a thread like this.

The thing is, this isn’t even a thread about sexualising extremely human-looking, sentient aliens, is it?

This is a thread about asking to be able to sexualise extremely animal-looking, albeit also sentient, creatures, in a human way.

Quite frankly, no human being should be viewing Charr (in their current form) in a sexual way, as they are far too close to animals that exist in our world, physically speaking.

Closer than they are to humans, in fact.

I understand some people may just want to play dress-up, in a fairly innocent way, but still.

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

Ralanost.8913

Yes, of course I do.

That wasn’t a dig at you personally – it was more a reference to the worrying things that are thrown up by a thread like this.

The thing is, this isn’t even a thread about sexualising extremely human-looking, sentient aliens, is it?

This is a thread about asking to be able to sexualise extremely animal-looking, albeit also sentient, creatures, in a human way.

Quite frankly, no human being should be viewing Charr (in their current form) in a sexual way, as they are far too close to animals that exist in our world, physically speaking.

I understand some people may just want to play dress-up, in a fairly innocent way, but still.

Fact is, you are focused more on looks than anything. You don’t see anything intelligent as a being of soul and mind. All you see is the body and since it’s against your personal beliefs, you find it abhorrent. Not everyone thinks and feels the same way. In Tyria, Charr aren’t cat people. They are charr. You are being raciest/speciesist against them just like someone would be in real life against someone of a different skin color and it’s pretty sad you can’t see that. If they are intelligent and it’s consensual, who are we to judge? It’s arguably the same for LGBT. Who cares if they can procreate or not? Relationships aren’t founded on procreation in a civilized society. It’s based around mutual respect and understanding. Procreation is for animals, ironically enough.

Dante.1763

For crying out loud…please dont make this one of THOSE threads..some of the things said and stated in here are blah enough already..

Ralanost.8913

For crying out loud…please dont make this one of THOSE threads..some of the things said and stated in here are blah enough already..

This type of post doesn’t help. If you have nothing to contribute, why post at all?

Tigaseye.2047

Yes, of course I do.

Fact is, you are focused more on looks than anything. You don’t see anything intelligent as a being of soul and mind. All you see is the body and since it’s against your personal beliefs, you find it abhorrent. Not everyone thinks and feels the same way. In Tyria, Charr aren’t cat people. They are charr. You are being raciest/speciesist against them just like someone would be in real life against someone of a different skin color and it’s pretty sad you can’t see that. If they are intelligent and it’s consensual, who are we to judge? It’s arguably the same for LGBT. Who cares if they can procreate or not? Relationships aren’t founded on procreation in a civilized society. It’s based around mutual respect and understanding. Procreation is for animals, ironically enough.

Am I really?

Maybe you would like to tell my (half Asian) long term BF that I’m a racist, then?

I’m sure he’d be fascinated to know.

No, I can just tell the difference between race (as in, skin colour and possibly a few other very minor physical differences, that don’t prevent interbreeding) and species, that’s all.

…and for the record, I’m also someone who is more interested in my potential mate’s mind, than I am in their physical appearance.

I just know where to draw the line in terms of who I should mate with and who I shouldn’t.

Comparing it to an interracial (as in skin colour), or gay relationship, is ridiculous.

These are, genetically, very different creatures – the physical appearance is just evidence of that.

That is supposed to be the clue that makes you draw the line at nothing more than just good friends…

That doesn’t mean I couldn’t like/love Charr in other (non-sexual) ways, though.

I could and no doubt I would, if I lived in Tyria.

Please note my char name – I love big cats, just not in that way.

…and whether they are, or are not (technically) cat people is also besides the point, because the point is that they look almost exactly like cats.

So we, as human beings living in the real world (where there are cats), are not supposed to find them attractive.

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

Dante.1763

This type of post doesn’t help. If you have nothing to contribute, why post at all?

Because i really dont want to see this thread locked for going off topic, which it kind of is doing. And while they dont help, sometimes they get them back on track.

Ralanost.8913

Am I really?

Maybe you would like to tell my (half Asian) long term BF that I’m a racist, then?

I’m sure he’d be fascinated to know.

No, I can just tell the difference between race (as in, skin colour and possibly a few other very minor physical differences, that don’t prevent interbreeding) and species, that’s all.

…and for the record, I’m also someone who is more interested in my potential mate’s mind, than I am in their physical appearance.

I just know where to draw the line in terms of who I should mate with and who I shouldn’t.

Comparing it to an interracial (as in skin colour), or gay relationship, is ridiculous.

These are, genetically, very different creatures – the physical appearance is just evidence of that.

That is supposed to be the clue that makes you draw the line at nothing more than just good friends…

That doesn’t mean I couldn’t like/love Charr in other (non-sexual) ways, though.

I could and no doubt I would, if I lived in Tyria.

Please note my char name – I love big cats, just not in that way.

…and whether they are, or are not (technically) cat people is also besides the point, because the point is that they look almost exactly like cats.

So we, as human beings living in the real world (where there are cats), are not supposed to find them attractive.

Once again, you are putting your real world standards into a fantasy setting. That just doesn’t work. And it’s still sad to see you are trying to say what people should and shouldn’t like, as if it’s a universal standard. Some people in the real world want to marry buildings and you find fantasy people liking other fantasy people wrong?

Ralanost.8913

Because i really dont want to see this thread locked for going off topic, which it kind of is doing. And while they dont help, sometimes they get them back on track.

Off topic? I don’t think so. We are trying to come to terms with a foundation for the reasons of the thread.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

The problem here is that you can’t see what makes a charr sexy.

As long as the tail and horns are visible, that’s s sexy charr. So to give charr more sexy armors, they need to fix tail clipping and horns being cut. So the tails and horns are seein better, thus giving them the charr-grade sexyness clipped and cut armors lack.

For asura, that’s the ears. So any armor that hides the ears MUST get fixed so the ears are not removed.

For norn, sexy is not what they look like, but what they do. Do some deed great enough, or get drunk enough, and that’s sexy.

For humans that’s greatly varied but it usually involves showing lots of skin.

Now, if you are some human who’s into charr… well… I don’t think ANet should help you with that…

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

Dante.1763

Off topic? I don’t think so. We are trying to come to terms with a foundation for the reasons of the thread.

Sorta off topic. The thread was and is about praising ANET for allowing female charr to wear the female version of the outfit, and rightfully so because it does look good!

It was not about what we as humans find sexy or not. It was not about whether we are racist or not, or trying to impose our beliefs on our games.

You guys(and even i was) are arguing about something verging on being labelled off topic.

And heres a simplified thing, maybe this will be acceptable to all of us here(maybe, maybe not). Just like with furies(Which i am one). Some people hate us mindlessly, Some don’t care so long as we don’t try and and talk to them about it, Some don’t mind at us all, Some like talking about it as they find it interesting to hear why we are furies, and some people love us!

So to is it when it comes to charr and wearing female clothing, sexy clothing, or well really the charr in general! And it will for a long time at least, always be that way!