More temportary content, just what I wanted.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shadowmoon.7986

Shadowmoon.7986

I am so glad instead of getting a getting any addition permanent dungeons we are continuing to get temporary content story dungeons. The only permanent content we are getting now is a jumping puzzle and a scavenger hunt for precursors 5 skill points. We can add these to the list of content released and then ignored 2 weeks later like the karka queen.

Posted by: Razeor.6271

Razeor.6271

So what new minigame are we going to get, let me guess, battleship?

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

I am so glad instead of getting a getting any addition permanent dungeons we are continuing to get temporary content story dungeons. The only permanent content we are getting now is a jumping puzzle and a scavenger hunt for precursors 5 skill points. We can add these to the list of content released and then ignored 2 weeks later like the karka queen.

One of the most useless things I can think of them making the reward. I thought for sure the precursor hunt was finally starting up. That is a shame and once again a design decision that leaves a lot of the player base scratching their heads.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Im going to stay far away from this thread because I’ve been infracted a few times today…and this post has infraction written allll over it.

But in the interest of constructive posts, I would say that these are small things to do every month. I guess this might lead to bigger more perma content? I think/hope they are getting that hint, that we want things to be perma.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

So what new minigame are we going to get, let me guess, battleship?

If it involves 5v5 Arial combat in airships, hell yes.

Posted by: gaspara.4079

gaspara.4079

Why do you need tons of permanent content when they introduce new temporary content literally every two weeks. In many games they introduce this level of content as permanent content at half the speed, but players only actively use the newest stuff, so the old stuff just sits there making the game larger and using up space in the world.

This way the unneeded stuff goes away and players are left with rewards that feel special (because they are forever linked to the event) and the world feels like its actively changing every day.

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Why do you need tons of permanent content when they introduce new temporary content literally every two weeks. In many games they introduce this level of content as permanent content at half the speed, but players only actively use the newest stuff, so the old stuff just sits there making the game larger and using up space in the world.

This way the unneeded stuff goes away and players are left with rewards that feel special (because they are forever linked to the event) and the world feels like its actively changing every day.

And everyone who wasn’t there or was unable to finish the event in the small time window for whatever reason are left out to rot, and end up leaving the game because they can’t experience the content at their own pace. If by changing you mean Southsun being even more uninhabitable than before, than yes, the LS temporary content has served it’s purpose

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

Who is excited to click 400 items, and slay 250 enemies all in the name of the next flavor of the month backpiece/armor/weapon?

That sure sounds fun to me! (Sarcasm)

Did they not specifically say in the manifesto that they did not think that having to do a certain task (such as killing centaurs) X amount of time was fun? Yet here I am this month killing 300 holograms that somehow appear in the world for no reason and smashing 150 pinatas so that I can spam 250 food? Awesome…

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

Didn’t you know bros? We’re helping fund wildstar, gotta keep new content cheap yo.

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

^yeah, where’s our huge purple Rat ears and Rock-monster Balaclava in the cash shop?

They never heard of Cross-Promotion? What log have they been living under?
I know we got those stupid Wings back when Aion came out so they must have been to atleast one sales meeting on it

And if we’re gonna fight air pirates next, then I DEMAND a Crescent shaped Airboard and a snappy Theme song. Screw immersion, it died the instant the first Legendary was Rolled.

(edited by ilr.9675)

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

5 skill points for reward from new piece of permanent content? I cannot contain my excitement.