More thief damage?

More thief damage?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

This has to be a joke thread, then again I heard people complaining IN-GAME that the thief buff was uncalled for cause their already “too OP” with their D/P weapon set (I kid you not thats what they said about our only decent pvp set)

One of the map chats today – tried to avoid most others by staying logged out.

Of course the complainer is a necro. Rogue like classes typically hard counter warlock like classes except in this game there’s no cloak of shadows to invalidate all those conditions. Closest thing is a shadow refuge, which removes only one condition per tick and susceptible to knockbacks and reveal. Heavy armor classes traditionally give medium armor classes trouble and guardian looks like a hard counter to both revenant (another heavy) and thief.

More thief damage?

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

I was fighting a thief in PvP who was doing 1.5K crit per hit from pistol unload, 8×1.5K = 12k damage for a full unload. I think it is way over the top.

Boohoo i’m bad at PvP so I blame others for being more competent than me. I’ve seen worse from burst mesmers and guardians.

Hell, the other day a burst fire guardian teleported into our group dropped a fire field and proceeded to mow down myself and 3 other players in a matter of seconds with whirling wrath before we even knew what hit us. But yes lets blame the thieves while other classes get a free pass.

I don’t think Anet’s solution of adding more and more damage to classes is going to achieve balance.

I play mes and there is no one skill that can do 12K crit damage period. I agree some classes are doing far more obscene damage than thief, but yesterday’s patch gave more damage to a few classes where it wasn’t needed and they wonder why they can’t balance this game.

(edited by Vague Memory.2817)

More thief damage?

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

I was fighting a thief in PvP who was doing 1.5K crit per hit from pistol unload, 8×1.5K = 12k damage for a full unload. I think it is way over the top.

Why would you stand in the entire unload?

Your argument is invalid. If you ever played PvP you would realise it doesn’t only consist of 1v1s. Also using your flawed logic pistol unload to could be buffed to 20K damage because each shot would be only 2.5K each.

More thief damage?

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

Boohoo i’m bad at PvP so I blame others for being more competent than me. I’ve seen worse from burst mesmers and guardians.

Hell, the other day a burst fire guardian teleported into our group dropped a fire field and proceeded to mow down myself and 3 other players in a matter of seconds with whirling wrath before we even knew what hit us. But yes lets blame the thieves while other classes get a free pass.

I don’t think Anet’s solution of adding more and more damage to classes is going to achieve balance.

I play mes and there is no one skill that can do 12K crit damage period. I agree some classes are doing far more obscene damage than thief, but yesterday’s patch gave more damage to a few classes where it wasn’t needed and they wonder why they can’t balance this game.

While i agree with you that adding more and more damage is bad, and exactly what they are doing. But I would ask, as a mesmer do you have a set of skills that do 12k in the same amount of time as unload? 2-3 seconds? To that i would say yes yes you do. Ive been burst down by enough mesmers to know you do.

Now you can argue how simple unload is, compared to what may be 2-3 skills for a mesmer. But honestly unload is the only thing on that set worth mentioning as burst damage. Which is part of why thieves as a whole agree with you. The damage boost is dumb. Fix the set as a whole. But they didnt do that.

So we are stuck with a simple skill. Simple to dodge interupt break, simple to use. But for the time it takes does it do to much damage? Not compared to what i see other classes do in the same amount of time.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

More thief damage?

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

if you got killed by a p/p thief you are doing not just something wrong, you are doing everything wrong

LOL this cracked me up. Thanks for that.

More thief damage?

Posted by: Keitaro Dragonheart.9047

Keitaro Dragonheart.9047

This can’t possibly be a serious thread. Then again, over the past three years I’ve learned that most of the people that cry about the thief are usually trash at the game and completely and utterly incapable of strategy and thinking. They’d usually rather mash their faces across the keyboard for easy wins. There’s a game for that, it’s called World of Warcraft. Go play that.

The thief has had to adapt to constant nerfs caused by bad players who’d rather kick and scream and cry until they get their way, than learn to not suck at the game. It’s how the thief class got into the state they’re in now, and frankly, they’re still going to keep wrecking baddies. Baddies will always be bad.

More thief damage?

Posted by: wolfpaq.7354

wolfpaq.7354

What did you forget how to dodge roll?

If you just sit there and eat damage you will die quickly to every class in the game.

More thief damage?

Posted by: Shogun.7401

Shogun.7401

from the patch notes:

Vital Shot: Increased damage by 24%.
Unload: Increased damage per shot by 26%.
Sneak Attack: Increased attack damage per shot by 25%.

Seriously? It’s not like thiefs lacked damage that they can throw on you in milliseconds whilst their venom has you immobilised, you had to increase their damage by a HUGE 25%.

Whatever happened to balancing things slowly, testing it, and moving it slowly up or down.

I’ve been hit by unload for over 1.2k a hot (times 8 isn’t it?), now that will be over 12k while rooted and unable to respond, followed no doubt by another 3-4 10k hits before I get to move.

If anyone needs me I’ll be on my venom thief insta-downing people in wvw with 2k toughness…

Here we go!!! Please learn to play your class if you are getting owned by a P/P thief.

More thief damage?

Posted by: Petoox.6570

Petoox.6570

A good thief should be able to have good sustainability and win most 1v1s on a point contest.

Ahhahahahahahahah thanks for awesome laughs!

Truth is though that Thief loses every single 1v1 against every meta build if people you are playing against have brain.