Mossheart Transformation Walking Animation

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Embered.5089

Embered.5089

For the quest “Assist Arias in maintaining his garden” in Ogham Wilds, Caledon Forest, you’re transformed into a mossheart. But the walking animation is off. I think it might be because the legs move too fast and it just looks clunky and weird. If you slowed down the walking animation of the mossheart transformation, it would look a lot better.

Posted by: archiedoodle.9548

archiedoodle.9548

There’s a bit in the HoT story where Taimi has to move before it can be completed. I’ve done it 4 times, twice she got stuck and I had to repeat. It’s quite a tedious section even when it works as intended. This is nearly 2 years after the expansion launched and it still hasn’t been fixed. Good luck with this :P

Posted by: Gentleman.9637

Gentleman.9637

It used to be slower like that, it did look so much better. I remember being really put off when I first noticed the change =(

What an exquisite derriere

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

its because the Mossheart doesn’t have a run animation. If you toggle walk mode with keybinds, it starts to look correct.

A hand full of transforms have this problem, because the base model/animation they lack either a stride mode or slow/fast walk. So what the engine does instead is play an animation faster or slower to match the step count of their scaled size. Thats something that a lot of games don’t actually do; and I believe is done here because of how Vets and Champs are physically upscaled versions of their base model. You can see this effect in action with embiggining and shink tonics, as the former slows movement animation speed in half, while the latter doubles it.