Most Difficult Champions

Most Difficult Champions

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

I have been trying to see how many champs in this game I can solo and have found the difficulty range for various champs to be massive. I would like to compile a list of what I and other people find to be the toughest champs in the game to kill either solo or as a small group (zergs make everything easy).

Here are some that gave me the most trouble so far in order of descending difficulty feel free to discuss any that you found that gave you a lot of trouble and how they compare with my initial list. I would like to stick to open world so no dungeons, fractals, etc.

Krait Hypnos: spams adds extremely fast and inflicts massive condition damage instantly with aoe by far the most dangerous enemy I have found so far in this game.

Karka: lots of dangerous attacks and exceptionally high health with habit of resetting randomly mid fight

Eye of Zhaitan(not the meta event one): beam and spin do alot of damage with the beam staying locked on you even if you dodge

Risen Drake Broodmother(only dangerous on land): The charge has a much larger radius than one would suspect and seems to hit mid dodge quite often

Reef Rider: only tried this one once and I could barely scratch it might deserve a higher spot, only found at the end of a fairly challenging jumping puzzle which makes it even more annoying

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

Most Difficult Champions

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

These new ummm…. Risen Corruptor Champions…. I wanna say??

Has anyone seen these yet? … they don’t spawn in many places, but when they do, LOTS of people die very very quickly.

How would I best describe this variety of “OMG ANET WHY??” Levels of overkill….
Okay okay… y’know Kohler from the AC dungeon? Everyone has to remember and probably HATE him if that was the boss they first faced that made them give up on Dungeons … I know there was a lot of people who gave up on them b/c of stuff like that.

Okay well take that Kohler guy…. and give his “Pull” Attack basically extended LONGBOW RANGE. As in I was literally kiting one of these from 1500 range with my LB trait set to that, and got Pulled straight to him from that range. Then of course you’re knocked down for 2 seconds …then comes the Spin-to-Win right in your face.

I see a LOT of people dying to Jesters & Champion Knights (those Harpy things that leave a bunch of layered AOE circles behind that insta-melts whatever is left in them) … but atleast those things you can read their Telegraphs and move out of the way if you’re paying attention. Even Kohler himself had like a big Telegraph for his spin to win. ….Not this new Super-Sayain4 Champ Corruptor though. And it’s on like an 8 second cooldown LOL! … Glass cannons die instantly even if they pop their stun break ASAP. The Animation is just sooooo fast.

There’s another Mob that’s even worse for me personally but I can’t remember what it is though right now. All I remember is that it’s Super-Mega Stomp attack IGNORES DODGING & EVADES. …I’ll come back to that one when I remember what does it.

(edited by ilr.9675)

Most Difficult Champions

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Champion Risen….

Ah screw it. Champion Risen anything.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Most Difficult Champions

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

The one I was never able to solo was the champ megalodon near fort trinity. That guy is as tough as they come.

Most Difficult Champions

ArthurDent.9538

Actually some of the champ risen are pretty easy, the gladiator on cursed shore comes to mind as well as the putrifier if you know when to dodge and the giant can be kited in a circle easily but there are a lot that are definitely tough.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Wost Engi NA

Most Difficult Champions

ArthurDent.9538

The one I was never able to solo was the champ megalodon near fort trinity. That guy is as tough as they come.

Agree, got the one in cursed shore by abusing its inability to go into shallow water but that won’t work by fort trinity, might be top of the list for that one in particular.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Wost Engi NA

Most Difficult Champions

Posted by: Benkei.6293

Benkei.6293

champion karka its the strongest

Most Difficult Champions

Posted by: Ayochak.8293

Ayochak.8293

Soloing champions is what I do most in GW2.

The difficulty varies greatly with your class, play style and weapons.
(As a D/D bleeder thief I often switch to P/D so solo champions, and play hide & seek)

From my few tries I don’t think I can do karka champion.
However for example Eye of Zaithan is a trivial kill for me.
I also often kill Broodmothers and Giants.
Broodmothers take really too long tho.

I fail to kill Risen Baron (Noble model) and Risen Archmage (mage model).
I may try again some day if given any tips.

My most challenging fight is the Risen Knight in Malchor’s Leap.
I killed it several times but I’m never sure to win.
Also it reset very easily, from charge & “fly away” abilities, it can be quite frustrating.

My favorite trivial kill is the Risen Abomination.
It’s a very easy fight when you know it, and near impossible if you don’t.
Sometimes I let other players interfere and ruin my fight without saying anything, then, often, I watch them die.
Sometimes I try to teach them how to kill it, but after a few insults or absence of reply, I usually don’t bother anymore.

The Mark golem event in Malchor is a fun solo fight…

Can’t think of others atm.

I’m looking forward to learn about fun challenging champions in this thread!

Most Difficult Champions

Posted by: Riiko.4512

Riiko.4512

Risen champs. They inflict nasty conditions and there is always this nervous awareness of how much you can kite before you accidentally pull an army of undead towards you.

[AHMA] – Rev
Perpetually in the mists

Most Difficult Champions

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

The Champion Ogatl Priestess in Brisbane was a challenge.

5 of us took her on and she still wiped us time after time until we learned her tells. It’s still not a guaranteed victory, either.

Level 80 Elementalist

Most Difficult Champions

Posted by: Flubble.8093

Flubble.8093

champion ram in timberline

only because there’s no zerg there and have to solo it :P

(edited by Flubble.8093)

Most Difficult Champions

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

The Blood Witch.
Horace.

Those two are the ones I just absolutely abhor.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

Most Difficult Champions

Ayochak.8293

I soloed the Champion Ogotl Priestess after a few tries.
So it’s doable. Hide & seek ftw!

Most Difficult Champions

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

Tried soloing champion risen giant on my warrior and got overwhelmed by the adds :/

Tried doing one on my mesmer (giant in Malchor’s Leap) and I got killed twice because a raptor came along and dazed me just a I was about to use blurred frenzy to survive a stomp.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Most Difficult Champions

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

Champion Suplex Megladon Warrior Juggernaut 9000.

He can’t be seen, heard, and only finds you.

Most Difficult Champions

ArthurDent.9538

From my few tries I don’t think I can do karka champion.

I fail to kill Risen Baron (Noble model)

My most challenging fight is the Risen Knight in Malchor’s Leap.

My favorite trivial kill is the Risen Abomination.
It’s a very easy fight when you know it, and near impossible if you don’t.
Sometimes I let other players interfere and ruin my fight without saying anything, then, often, I watch them die.

1)Have you tried the Krait Hypnos’s in Mt. Maelstrom and Spark Fly Fen I have found them much worse then the Karka wondering how you would compare them for top spot? They are out of the way so people don’t know about them for the most part.
2)Baron isn’t too bad but not super easy either you can get him
3)I am surprised by your trouble with the knight I see it as an easier broodmother with smaller radius of charge, no knock down, and no adds but to each there own.
4)lol at watching the frenzy build on those abominations.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Wost Engi NA

(edited by ArthurDent.9538)

Most Difficult Champions

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

Anything related to the krait.

Most Difficult Champions

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

I always have trouble with the enrage stacking ogre in the swamp, south corner of Gendarran Fields.

Risen Knight, that one requires you to make like a sunspear and never go alone.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Most Difficult Champions

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

The Blood Witch

No contest....

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Most Difficult Champions

ArthurDent.9538

Agreed, all three blood witches that I know about are exceptionally hard, but I don’t think they are quite as tough as other top difficulty champs.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Wost Engi NA

Most Difficult Champions

Ayochak.8293

Just killed Champion Krait Hypnoss – I fell into the water a dozen time, the champion instantly regen up ofc. And it summons veterans that push you out! Very annoying fight.

Risen baron and risen mage down.

Also soloed the priest of Grenth.
But then the champion spider root with the swarm of adds got me.

Southcove Sun next I guess.
I will never try the Blood witch as I don’t hunt underwater.

I prefer Broodmother to knight because as a PvE condition-heal thief with caltrops/malice, I’m healing from crappy adds.
Also I’m using one sigil of Restoration, I recommend it for people who want to solo events with a lot of mobs.

Also the knight is sometimes aiming its attack while invisible in flight, even if I’m in stealth (!) ands that killed me several times. I guess its a bug.

Always looking for challenging champions to solo.

But they have to much health, the fights are too long, so I usually ask for help when engaging one now.

I wish there was more challenging solo “adventuring” PvE content in this game.

Most Difficult Champions

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

The harder ones just take way too long to kill solo whereas they could down you in 1 or 2 hits if your patience or focus fails.