Most Hated Weapon in the game?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961

What is your most hated weapon in this game, and why do you hate it?

Mine would be any of the fake precursors. Mainly because they get your hopes up when you see their icon and then get disappointed when you read the name of the weapon.

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

ANY underwater weapon. You take your pick.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Every Legendary in my opinion… I find them not being cooler than any other weapon and some do horrid sound FX so… If I have to choose one weapon it would be the Legendary Pistol …

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Hate is a strong word. I mostly hate the price to make Infinite Light. I made it for a friend who really wanted it…. I think it looks like someone glued glitter onto a plastic sword, and now the glitter is falling off.

Posted by: Mental Paradox.3845

Mental Paradox.3845

Eternity.

Every 12-year old has one as kitten extender.

Posted by: SonOfJacob.7396

SonOfJacob.7396

The Flameseeker Prophecies.

It’s the best-looking Legendary, but shields are basically useless.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

The one that kills me, of course.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

The one that kills me, of course.

+1 for the laugh

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

I think it’s pretty boring to see greatswords. Sunrise, Twilight and Eternity… you see those three everywhere. I don’t really hate then, but it feels so ’’meh’’ to see them, and I actually kind of feel sorry for those who crafted them.

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

Quip. The first few times you hear it, it’s funny and amusing. After the two thousandth time…it’s lost it’s charm and is now irritating as kitten. I can take the neighing of Dreamer but that honk/poppoppop/honk/popopopop/honk of Quip, I just want to throw the computer.

Posted by: Pokecenter.3548

Pokecenter.3548

I think it’s pretty boring to see greatswords. Sunrise, Twilight and Eternity… you see those three everywhere. I don’t really hate then, but it feels so ’’meh’’ to see them, and I actually kind of feel sorry for those who crafted them.

I don’t really hate any weapon, and i do not take a particular liking to any Legendary; but i agree with this. People complain about the pres drop rate and lack of ways of obtaining them, but that ‘unique’, ‘rare’ feeling probably already fades away rather quickly nowadays.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

agreed in spades.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

scepters, they are pretty much the most useless weapon of the game regardless of profession, if it doesn’t lack damage it lacks useful skills.
i would go as far as saying that if one weapon needs a complete overhaul for every profession it’s the scepter.

Posted by: JoeytheHutt.1742

JoeytheHutt.1742

I’m surprised no-one has mentioned the rangers longbow..
I dont “hate” any weapon, though a lot of weapon designs I find just silly

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Quip is pretty annoying, I’ll definitely agree with that.

Especially if used by a p/d condition thief…

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

scepters, they are pretty much the most useless weapon of the game regardless of profession, if it doesn’t lack damage it lacks useful skills.
i would go as far as saying that if one weapon needs a complete overhaul for every profession it’s the scepter.

Um… Well Guard scepter has the potential to be the highest damage weapon if the target is large enough to take all the hits from smite.

Ele Scepter is solid weapon with good burst damage and lots of blasts making for good might stacking, though typically combined with LH once the stacking and burst is done.

On Topic… The 3 surfboards annoy me. I think the effects are cool, I love that when you wave them it creates a scene, I hate the look of the swords themselves though. If they could somehow do the same effects but on say Bonetti’s Rapier… omg best sword in any game ever. But as it stands… no… (summons comicbook guy) worst swords ever!

(edited by Jerus.4350)

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Dreamer — A bow that shoots rainbows and unicorns? Really? * facepalm *

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Ele scepter is really good. Guardian scepter can do tons of damage on large targets. Necro and mesmer scepter ate two of the best pvp weapons

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

Ranger longbow , because of skill #4

80% of the ranger push the button #4 because it’s available on the skill bar.

Posted by: Bernie.8674

Bernie.8674

I don’t even bother to push it. I just ctrl-left-click it and forget about it.

Posted by: ainekitten.9517

ainekitten.9517

100% quip. make it shut up >.<

Rata Sum = Mursaat
Wake up, Tyria!

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

Kudzu.
That grass LB is ugly. Not baddass and not silly/funny like quip.

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I don’t even bother to push it. I just ctrl-left-click it and forget about it.

best idea I’ve seen all day. >.>

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

I have actually had people PM me saying the would trade their eternity for my juggy in a heartbeat for the effect. Those three swords are probably the top reason gems get converted into gold. They seem to be the most common yet the most expensive ones to make.

I don’t really hate any weapon, and the only legendary I really liked was the juggy for its effect. That effect could have been on any other weapon and I would have purchased/forged it.

If i had to pick most annoying/troll weapon it would have to be duel Quips. or Quip+ floppy sword. I know someone that PvPs with that and the paper bag mask, he just strait up looks silly.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

(edited by Mireles Lore.5942)

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Not hate, disappointed. Shield for example. I got a nice shield skin right after launch and later figured out that shield Isn’t worth it in general PvE on guardian. Salvaged my shield and the skin is in my wardrobe, waiting for the day it will be useful.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Any off-handed ones. Since we have achieves for those, but no really way of efficiently getting them After two years, still sitting at under 200-500 kills for shields, focus, warhorn.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Brahmincorle.1264

Brahmincorle.1264

2h swords… they are pretty much the only pve meta for warrior. Yea you can run axe axe but you can also use only virtual keyboard instead of real one on your PC but why would you do that… it gets job done but it is far less efficient :/

1h sword and shield anyone? mace and shield?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Swords in general. They just dont feel right in this game – especially the 2handed ones. I don’t feel like I am hacking something to pieces with one. Maybe its the animation.

I use mace and shield on my warrior and love it. I use mace and shield on guardian….and well its just to show off the skins I have really. The shield on a Guardian is somewhat lacking in an effective way.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Ranger sword, an auto attack that can’t be on auto to function effectively and disables dodging. A leap that takes you away from combat first. An evade attack that’s just screwy about it’s path and positioning. So effectively everything about it.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Dreamer — A bow that shoots rainbows and unicorns? Really? * facepalm *

This. It’s silly. And maybe a touch stereotypical. The sound effect is just the icing on the cake. Gah.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

All of the Legendaries. If it doesn’t look dumb, it has a weird effect. If it doesn’t have a weird effect it has a weird after effect. If it doesn’t have a weird after effect it has a weird sound effect. None of them are worth my time.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Apart from underwater weapons that are pathetically useless (my ele is full ascended zerker and still any other class can out dps him underwater. It’s really sad), I would have to say mace.

I just hate mace skills. And most, if not all of them have a range of like 130 – yes cause that’s helpful and people can’t dodge that! (#sarcasm)

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

2h swords… they are pretty much the only pve meta for warrior. Yea you can run axe axe but you can also use only virtual keyboard instead of real one on your PC but why would you do that… it gets job done but it is far less efficient :/

What’s this now? Axe+Mace are most certainly part of the warrior PvE meta.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Jerus.4350

That’s for the vuln stacking/utility. So if your group has say an engi or ele you may not even care about swapping to them and simply stick with the GS.

Posted by: SonOfJacob.7396

SonOfJacob.7396

All of the Legendaries. If it doesn’t look dumb, it has a weird effect. If it doesn’t have a weird effect it has a weird after effect. If it doesn’t have a weird after effect it has a weird sound effect. None of them are worth my time.

For your consideration: The Flameseeker Prophecies.

It’s the only Legendary that doesn’t have those things. However, it’s a friggin’ shield.

:D

Posted by: Gregori.5807

Gregori.5807

I can’t say I “hate” any weapon.

I can say that I don’t like weapons that produce a lot of particle effects. Particle spam is really bad in this game, making it very hard for me to see and causing lag. I really wish Anet would give us a slider or various settings for particle effect from highest to lowest.

I would probably actually hate any weapon that makes a lot of noise, however, I usually have sound off.

~~On Blackgate since Beta~~
80s: Necro x2, Ranger, Warr, Guardian x2, Ele x2, Mes, Thief

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I can say that I don’t like weapons that produce a lot of particle effects. Particle spam is really bad in this game, making it very hard for me to see and causing lag. I really wish Anet would give us a slider or various settings for particle effect from highest to lowest.

I would probably actually hate any weapon that makes a lot of noise, however, I usually have sound off.

Yeah, hate is a strong word for this sort of thing.

Just out of curiosity , why would you hate weapons that make noise if you normally play without sound ?

Posted by: Gregori.5807

Gregori.5807

Just out of curiosity , why would you hate weapons that make noise if you normally play without sound ?

I meant that, if I had to listen to them in order to play, I would hate them. I am very noise sensitive. In such a case, it would probably dip from “don’t like” to actual “hate.”

~~On Blackgate since Beta~~
80s: Necro x2, Ranger, Warr, Guardian x2, Ele x2, Mes, Thief

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

I’d have to go with “The Ugly Stick”, only because I can’t dye it. I still like to beat people with it in sPvP, though.

Posted by: Zention.1849

Zention.1849

Most of the legendaries. Although I wouldn’t want to miss mx footsteps in certain situations.
It’s true that some weapons don’t fit the your character’s looks, mostly legendaries. There should be a higher varity of chosable weapons creating / giving more individuality to players.

Pearl Broadsowrd always gives me the creeps. One of the ugliest skins imo

Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

That’s for the vuln stacking/utility. So if your group has say an engi or ele you may not even care about swapping to them and simply stick with the GS.

Axe is higher dps than gs

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

You really have no idea, do you?
That saying, scepter skins are indeed in need of overhaul. Currently, Wayward one from HoM still remains one of the best scepter skins in game, rivalled only by maybe 2 or 3 black lion ones, with everything else way behind. That’s kind of bad.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Ashen.2907

I meant that, if I had to listen to them in order to play, I would hate them. I am very noise sensitive. In such a case, it would probably dip from “don’t like” to actual “hate.”

That makes sense. Thank you.

Ashen.2907

You really have no idea, do you?
That saying, scepter skins are indeed in need of overhaul. Currently, Wayward one from HoM still remains one of the best scepter skins in game, rivalled only by maybe 2 or 3 black lion ones, with everything else way behind. That’s kind of bad.

I rather like the AC dungeon scepter.

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

Underwater weapons. Why? Face it. The underwater implementation was a big flop altogether.

Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Guardian of Angels.9867

Guardian of Angels.9867

Guardian Shield, I’d love to run around with a shield instead of a stupid focus… but the focus is just so much more usefull to me

aka Holy Blood Guardian
Guild Website: http://www.wtnf.net
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb07P-bW94jE3-mKHGToyOg

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Wrong. Very wrong. They’re good on eles and guards if you know how and what to use them for.

Jerus.4350

Axe is higher dps than gs

Yeah, my bad, I was thinking old info from before the most recent GS nerf, where GS camping was highest dps but you lost your vuln, making axe/mace typically better. Now of course you’re probably right that swapping is ideal.

And I assume you’re just talking about the auto attacks right? because GS skills still hit plenty hard that I’d have trouble beleiving that it shifted that much.

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Guardian shield. Never have I seen so much potential in a defensive weapon and yet be completely unable to utilize it. Due to the situations it is useful being such that you cant take advantage of it because the effects either dont last long enough or simply arent ENOUGH to actually make a difference.

Ghost Yak

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

The Phoenix and the exterminator, everytime I get one I go OMFGGDDNDIDNDBBF… oh another one of these -_- off to the mystic forge u go