Most active PvE server with free transfer?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DavidH.7380

DavidH.7380

I just hit 80 today and I initially chose Isle of Janthir as my home server. I am in the US west coast so I’m on Pacific time. As a new 80 I’m relatively new to the chest events but when I try to attend events like Shatterer or Fire Elemental on IoJ there often aren’t enough people there to complete the event (though Shadow Behemoth and Frozen Maw always seem to have enough).

I don’t know if the issue is my play time on that server, if there just isn’t much action on certain events on all servers, or what. I’ve been guesting on Tarnished Coast and Yak’s Bend, and those servers seem to always have enough people to run the events, so I’ve been thinking of transferring home worlds. With the free and reduced cost transfers to half the servers this week I thought I would ask if any of the free/reduced cost transfer servers have very active PvE events. I don’t think it can hurt to try one before I resort to paying to transfer somewhere.

Posted by: Rhast.8742

Rhast.8742

Id like to know this as well. I’m sorry I cant give you an answer OP, but I’m looking for the very same answer. I was pretty disappointed that I couldn’t ‘kill’ Scarlet myself because we couldn’t get the event done. Although I don’t mind the transfer not being free, Id just like to know what the active Worlds are before I pay to move.

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

Hey OP. IoJ has one of the largest WBT trains in game and is almost never stopped. It maybe that you’re in an off timezone or just didn’t know.

The WBT starts every night at daily reset (5pm server time, PST).

I would watch gendarren fields chat or join our servers VoIP to figure out where you’re starting for the night. I’m not home now but feel free to mail/Whisper me wen I’m on and I’ll you know more about it!

Isle Of Janthir

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

OP since there’s gonna be tournament of WvW starting, until 27 you can freely transfer to any server which is at certain rating for WvW https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/get-ready-for-wvw-spring-tournament-2014/ check this out.

DavidH.7380

Although I don’t mind the transfer not being free, Id just like to know what the active Worlds are before I pay to move.

I am also completely prepared to pay for a transfer, but I figure it couldn’t hurt to try a free one first.

Hey OP. IoJ has one of the largest WBT trains in game and is almost never stopped. It maybe that you’re in an off timezone or just didn’t know.

The WBT starts every night at daily reset (5pm server time, PST).

Interesting. Two things come to mind. First, I don’t usually get on until after 9 PST. Perhaps I am just running too late for the late EST and early PST crowd to still be on. The other thought is that I occasionally cross paths with a train, but I have never been able to follow since they usually head off to some 80 level I hadn’t unlocked yet. I was planning to wait until after I’d been 80 long enough to have access to follow to all the events before actually transferring, but the free transfers for the next couple days made me think about doing something sooner.

DavidH.7380

OP since there’s gonna be tournament of WvW starting, until 27 you can freely transfer to any server which is at certain rating for WvW https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/get-ready-for-wvw-spring-tournament-2014/ check this out.

Yep, that is why I am asking this question. I’m trying to get feedback from other players about which of those worlds might have more activity during PST than my current IoJ.

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

Yep, that is why I am asking this question. I’m trying to get feedback from other players about which of those worlds might have more activity during PST than my current IoJ.

I’ll talk to the guys and gals that run the train when I get home about how late the train runs. It’s been a while since I ran with them since guild WvW cuts into said time slot.

Regardless to answer your question people refer NSP under the free xfers for event things but you are running late NA/early OCX so IoJ or SoS would likely be the better places for you since they consist of large oceanic populations in the game. It’s about know who’s running what where and I’ll try to get you in contact with the right people ASAP.

Isle Of Janthir

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

Crystal Desert WBT seems to run pretty late into the night.