Most and least fun classes.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Namica.2951

Namica.2951

Just curious of people opinions here, what would you say are the least and most favorite classes of the game?

Myself, I find Guardian and Warrior to both be boring as can be. Boring utilities, boring weapon skills. Just a big pile of Zzzzz

I love Thief and Ranger though. Thief for it’s resource mechanic and variety of weapons, as well as utilities that actually feel important. Ranger because I like the variety the pets bring, and I simply enjoy using longbow and greatsword (has all the things I like in a melee and range weapon: huge gap closer, a block, hard hitting CD move for melee. Rapid fire attack, blowback, and aoe arrow rain for bow).

Never played much of the casters or engineer though, save for once or twice in the mists.

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

Elementalists are pretty fun, and I just now tried a Thief and leveled it to about 40ish. The ability to move quickly and efficiently in combat is what makes it exciting for me.

The least fun classes are probably the Ranger and the Warrior. My gosh those are boring as heck. Rangers do too little dps to make me happy, and Warriors don’t really have any flashy skills to show off.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Warrior and Guardian are a snooze fest for me. I don’t know why I just don’t find them fun to play.

I’m trying to enjoy my Necromancer right now but I’m not and that is probably my fault. Before playing the Necromancer I was playing my Mesmer and I’m having a hard time figuring out the best way to play necro. I get frustrated trying to do this, die a lot and so at this time it isn’t very fun.

I enjoy playing my Ranger because I am 100% open world roaming and the style suits me.

The others I’m on the fence about but that’s because I swap around a lot.

The Burninator

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

I don’t like Necromancer. None of their weapons have any cleave attacks. Yes, some attacks bounce or hit more than one enemy, but I can’t stand that neither the dagger or the axe auto-attacks hit more than one enemy.

I love Engineer because they only have 5 single target weapon attacks. All their attacks other than five will hit more than one enemy.

Posted by: Saelune.5316

Saelune.5316

THE most? Guardian most, mesmer least. As for my own, Necro most, guardian least.

Posted by: Justdeifyme.9387

Justdeifyme.9387

It’s a pain for me to level my mesmer, somehow I don’t deal any damage so it isn’t fun. The Most fun class for me is my Warrior, I like the mobility and head on fighting without needing any kind of stealth or heal.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Ranger was the most fun. Now i guess Engineer.

Least fun is Thief and Elementalist for me, to finicky and tedious to play for me (i do own lv 80 both tho)

I do agree Warriors and Guardians are a snooze fest, but not as bad as those two above.

(edited by Dante.1508)

Posted by: Warzaw.2708

Warzaw.2708

I found warriors kinda boring, and that’s coming from someone who leveled one to 80 and geared them in full PTV gear (Stupidest choice ever)

I love my ranger, but I hate thiefs. I found them kinda boring, and I didn’t like initiative much either. Guardians are kinda fun, but not as much as my ranger, or the necro I started and never got around to working on again.

BREAK YOURSELVES UPON MY BODY
FEEL THE STRENGTH OF THE EARTH
Vicodium – Ranger (IX) Coldsnap

Posted by: lawfan.7095

lawfan.7095

For me the class most fun to play is my Mesmer since I started using the greatsword. The least fun are my thief and my engineer. I just cant seem to find a good way to play them and have fun for some reason.

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

Warriors are fun to play but aestheticly boring.

I like most others though :v

I’m particularily fond of engineers and Mesmers

I ? Karkas.

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Enjoy the ranger the most. The constant complaints on the forums about how weak the class is makes me enjoy it even more.

Elementalist, by far, the least enjoyable class to play. Lowest armor, 2nd lowest hps, and lowest single target DPS make the class nauseating to play as a solo. Don’t get me wrong the class is excellent in groups but it’s just a glorified buff bot. The class is no where near what it was in January, let alone September. Devs really jumped the shark on Eles.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

The most fun is a tie between my Ranger and my Engineer.

I love open world roaming on a Ranger- it is so liberating because I don’t have to think twice if I will survive poking my head in this hole.
Engi is awesome fun for blowing off steam- it is for those moments when you just want to watch the world burn

I really enjoy the elegant dance of my Mesmer too and I play her when I’m in a more subtle, tricksy mood

I find my Ele tiring because I have trouble hitting a sweet spot with her and she just feels like work at the moment.
My thief ( 3rd incarnation) is just meh- don’t like the playstyle and I find it a bit boring tbh.

I hate Necros because of the minions, sound, effects- pretty much everything about them puts me off- I will never play one.
Warrior and Guardian was about as much fun to me as watching paint dry.

Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Morrigan.2809)

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

I find Engineers the most boring, but it sounds interesting, so I’m trying to level one at the moment, hoping it gets more interesting. Right now, it’s just either slow “pew, pew, pew” then pop a special skill to get a faster “pew, pew, pew”, so it’s boring for me. I think once I get to level 30 or so, however, it will become more interesting.

I pretty much love all the others, so don’t have a favorite. I also find it often depends on the whole char as much as the profession. For instance, I have a human Warrior who I like, but isn’t much special, but then I have an asura Warrior that I absolutely adore.

Posted by: Caledore.6271

Caledore.6271

This is, of course, very subjective and I’m biased by the fact that it’s my main, but Elementalist is the most fun for me. I haven’t found a class that is as enjoyable – I love attunement dancing, the mobility, the varied playstyles between the different weapons. I love being able to switch between D/D for roaming and staff for sieges and zergs in WvW without even having to change my trait lines. Granted, it can be frustrating at times, given the low armor and low health, but overall I love it.

The most boring, to me, was probably Warrior, though I barely tried it in WvW so I probably didn’t give it a fair shake. Overall, the abilities don’t seem all that interesting to me, with the possible exception of hammer as I like the heavy control on it. I’ve also found Guardian somewhat boring, which is surprising because I usually love heavily armored support classes.

Posted by: Corian.4068

Corian.4068

I like warrior because it seems to be the most straightforward class. I could see where a lot of people would call that uninteresting, but in an ideal world brute force tends to be my style of play. Whether warrior adequately conveys brute force we’ll leave for a different conversation.

There are a couple classes I’m unwilling to play because I’m sure I won’t enjoy them, ranger probably stands out most among those. I can’t say from experience that it’s the least fun for me, but it’s the least appealing for sure.

Hit level eighty
Priorities, what to do?
Spend hours with dye

Posted by: Ision.3207

Ision.3207

I think the Forum Warrior is the most fun class.

Think about it, as far as DPS goes, few classes can rival the sheer damage that can be done like the Forum Warrior – with his endless stream of self-important posts on thread after thread, the damage over time is quite impressive.

And from a role-playing perspective, no other class can pull it off as well as the Forum Warrior. He can pretend to have inside information as to what the game developers think and intend for the game. Heck, he can even pretend to be “defending” something or someone, while in truth he is only feeding his narcissistic self-absorption . So when it comes to pretending, or better stated, being pretentious, it’s hard to rival the dedicated Forum Warrior.

And last but not least, by his consistent spam-posting on every thread imaginable he can even assume the position of Un-Official forum moderator. Wagging his finger and tsk-tsking those that disagree with him, while taking every opportunity to maintain his achievement point lead in boot-licking and butt-kissing.

So my vote is for the Forum Warrior; because while not an easy class to play, it can be quite rewarding once mastered since you get to reverse-troll endlessly without facing the repercussions of traditional trolls.

Colin Johanson to Eurogamer: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.
We want everyone on an equal power base.”

(edited by Ision.3207)

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Out of all the classes I like the Mesmer and the Guardian best.

The Mesmer is fun because it doesn’t match up to any classic archetypes, so I find their dynamic interesting. I also like the hoping around and clone generation.

The guardian is fun in WvW because you can pull off ridiculous stuff and get away with it. It’s really fun to run through a zerg, turn around and run back.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Think about it, as far as DPS goes, few classes can rival the sheer damage that can be done like the Forum Warrior – with his endless stream of self-important posts on thread after thread, the damage over time is quite impressive.

And from a role-playing perspective, no other class can pull it off as well as the Forum Warrior. He can pretend to have inside information as to what the game developers think and intend for the game. Heck, he can even pretend to be “defending” something or someone, while in truth he is only feeding his narcissistic self-absorption . So when it comes to pretending, or better stated, being pretentious, it’s hard to rival the dedicated Forum Warrior.

And last but not least, by his consistent spam-posting on every thread imaginable he can even assume the position of Un-Official forum moderator. Wagging his finger and tsk-tsking those that disagree with him, while taking every opportunity to maintain his achievement point lead in boot-licking and butt-kissing.

So my vote is for the Forum Warrior; because while not an easy class to play, it can be quite rewarding once mastered since you get to reverse-troll endlessly without facing the repercussions of traditional trolls.

………..
Win.
………..

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

I’ve played a Ranger, Guardian, Elementalist, and Thief. Ranger was way too much of a pain having to micromanage the pet, otherwise a lot of fun. Guardian was a complete bore. Elementalist was pretty fun, a tad slow for me (I may have been playing it wrong though). Thief was my favorite, the mobility had me hooked day one.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Back to the topic, probably Mesmer is my most fun class. I love the kiting mechanic and the GS Mesmer just seems perfect as an untouchable kiting fool. I don’t have a least favorite class, but Ranger is my least played class: boring for lack of anything meaningful done in combat. Unlike others, I don’t find warriors and guardians boring. I think they are pretty good implementations of their archetypes and I always have fun with in-the-face cleavage on mine.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

So far my thief, full of lame skills I do not even like. I’m on the verge of deleting him and starting a Necro.

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

Most – Ele and Engineer. Tons of skills. Weaving together combinations of them is an art and feels awesome.

Least – Thief. SPAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Posted by: Ision.3207

Ision.3207

Engi is fun due to the endless options!

Colin Johanson to Eurogamer: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.
We want everyone on an equal power base.”

Posted by: gurugeorge.9857

gurugeorge.9857

Most fun for me, Mesmer and Guardian, followed by Warrior, then Ranger, then Thief, then Engineer, then Elementalist, and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down below all them …. Necro.

For some reason I just can’t sync up with the Necro playstyle.

Posted by: GuildWarsPlayer.5608

GuildWarsPlayer.5608

For Me, Guardian, Warrior, Mesmer as most favorite and Elementalist, Necro, and Ranger are the least.

Couldn’t get into the Elementalist because I got stuck on weapon switch leveling My Guardian, Warrior and Mesmer to 80. I just can’t go without being able to switch weapons lol. The Attunement switch isn’t as fun, to me, as weapon switching.

I fell away from the Necromancer because I’m not really into pets, or minions, which is why I haven’t even tried the Ranger out.

Thieves I don’t mind, I just prefer other classes over them. I haven’t tried an Engineer, so I can’t speak on them.

Guardians and Warriors I really enjoy because I like to solo without pets and I love the melee combat they do.

I like the Mesmers abilities and their flashy powers look cool.

Posted by: AntonyGW.6103

AntonyGW.6103

In my opinion, guardian is the most enjoyable class.

The least enjoyable is the —-————— There is no least because they are all GOOD

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Elementalist, by far, the least enjoyable class to play. Lowest armor, 2nd lowest hps, and lowest single target DPS make the class nauseating to play as a solo. Don’t get me wrong the class is excellent in groups but it’s just a glorified buff bot. The class is no where near what it was in January, let alone September. Devs really jumped the shark on Eles.

I do pretty darn good exploring the world solo with my Elementalist. You just have to play smart. But I’m new to MMO’s and my game of choice when I’m not playing GW2 is Sims 2 or Sims 3, so when I started I was very very immobile and specifically chose the Elementalist because at some point it would require me to learn to move. I started during the headstart and I’m still not all that mobile, but I’m more mobile than when I started.

My personal favorite is the Elementalist. I love the challenge.

My least favorite is the Ranger and only because I couldn’t figure out the pet mechanics during the last Beta. I do plan on trying it again at some point since I made that one during the last few hours of the Beta.

Warrior is in the middle.

The others I can’t place since I haven’t played them. I do plan on playing them at some point. I haven’t tried the others because I told myself I had to get my Elementalist to level 80 before I could make another character.

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

For me, ele is the most frustrating class and warrior is the most boring class.

Ele: Squishy. 4 attunements seem neat, but the long swapping cooldowns frustrate me because it’s like an Engi with its hands tied. Admittedly, I haven’t given it a lot of time.

Warrior: really doesn’t need an explanation. Anyone who’s played one knows that a GS + 5 signets is a completely viable open world PvE setup.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Anthony.7219

Anthony.7219

Guardian is the most fun for me. I find its all about how much you enjoy the specific combination of available skills, weapons, playstyle, talents, etc. I hate some FORMS of Guardian, but I love mine.

Casters I hate, so I haven’t even tried one. Doesn’t appeal to me. Tried Ranger, always tempted towards the archer classes and they always disappoint me. Tried Thief, okay but I got sick of the repetition and gameplay mechanic at level 25ish. Tried engineer, just doesn’t appeal to me, but seems like a well designed class.

Didn’t bother trying warrior, just seems like a less fun version of a guardian to me. Too… Straightforward.

Posted by: mojowalker.3798

mojowalker.3798

I ‘ve got dupes of each, with an extra warrior to boot (I was hooked on those for awhile), but recently, the ones I’ve enjoyed the most have been mesmer and ranger. Don’t get me wrong — mesmer was a looooong trek to 80, but once there, I feel fairly confident walking into any situation, and I’ve felt like that with the ranger all along.

The ones I play the least frequently, which I suppose amounts to the least fun, are my eles and thieves, eles because of the constant attribute swap for aspects of the traits to kick in, and thief because you have to be fluid to be effective.

But all my chars still get “play-time”, so I don’t truly dislike any of them.

“If you can’t beat them, get a bigger stick.”
- Some random quote -
The Walkers and the Whispers, ANVIL ROCK

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

Most fun; Guardian and Ele

Ele is incredibly frustrating sometimes, but overall feels fluid, flashy and has this thing that i just can get away from.

Guardian? I spend more time staring at how awesome I look than anything else. I love the weapon skills for the most parts. Blue color. BLUE BUBBLES!! Blue flames; I love fire, I love blue, I LOVE blue flames. Torch #4 is incredibly fun to use for roleplaying. Love the F1 burning animation where it goes from blue flames to yellow flames. Love bursting stuff with GS. GS feels very fluid. Hammer feels powerful and good looking. Bring a lot of support like boons, wall of reflection, more boons, ability to keep everyone alive. Overall feels powerful and interesting, most people play it as a snooze-fest #1 spammer, but I switch all my weapons around every now and then and no matter the situation or the traits or the weapons, it feels powerful

Boring? Warriors. My goodness, so dull, VERY effective but DULL. No flashy animations, too much hack-n-slash, I love hack and slash and getting into peoples faces but warriors manage to make it dull and meh other than damage. Thief is probably my second most hated. Not particularly fond of its lack of AoE and I feel very cheap when I play it in any PvP environment since we all know how OP strong they are.

Mesmer is ind of a class I dont know where to put. Fun in PvP and have cool skills, like some of its play style. But cant get it to fully level it up. Lvl 48 and stuck there. So slow, damage build up is slow without gear, did I mention they are SLOW?!?! . Cant get over the fact that i feel like a slug with them. Not particularly fond of having to have focus off hand all the time. An utility is ok, having only 1 weapon of choice it is not.

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Warrior is by far the most fun for me.
Guardian and thief second.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

………..
Win.
………..

agreed.

Solo/farming: Ranger
Explorables: all of ‘em
Fractals: Mesmer
WvW: Necro (staff/wells & dagger/dagger – looks like an Elementalist to enemy’s surprise/dismay)
Outdoor events: anything with range and speed.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

(edited by goldenwing.8473)

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

The ranger, if they ever fixed any of it’s issues, would hands down be the most fun to play. As it is, it’s painfully broken, and I can’t bring myself to run with him.

Elementalist should be there too, but they were nerfed into uselessness, and again, can’t bring myself to play him.

Those two win for most fun, but their execution has been so terrible, they don’t see playtime for me.

Least fun would be the warrior. I’m playing him right now though, because sometimes being the OP king of everything is the simplest way to get through stuff.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

My fav class is engineering despite all of the things they have done keep doing to break the class in PVE and continue their favoritism with the Warrior class over everything else. It’s still one of the most unique classes in the genre just with they’d give it the respect it deserves.

Thief is my second fav I can truly steal from the enemies guarding the chests like a real thief and run from enemies even while in combat with the 50% run speed boost trait!

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Most fun is memser. Worst and the most boring by faaaaaaaaaaaaar is Necro.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Whitey.6185

Whitey.6185

Most fun = Necro. Least fun = Necro.

Posted by: ShadowPuppet.3746

ShadowPuppet.3746

………..
Win.
………..

Seconded and sustained!