Most annoying thing about GW2 for me.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

I’m in combat. All the time. There is no mobs near me, I haven’t taken damage or dealt any damage to anyone or anything for 20+ minutes, still in combat unable to get full movement speed to complete an incredibly annoying and stupid jumping puzzle for precursor. (someone decided to put a load of bandits in a jumping puzzle.)
In PvP, I’m 5000 range away from anyone, still in combat unable to regenerate my health.
I fought a guy in PvP and finished him, 10 seconds later still in combat, next guy comes in and finds an easy target with barely any HP cuz apparently a dead guy kept me in combat. When im not in combat im in combat. When I’m in combat I’m in combat.
Always in combat when I’m not fighting anything… therefore I shouldn’t be in combat …or ?? I’m confused. kittening kittened.
Ye I’m slightly mad.

(edited by Aphix.9846)

Posted by: KestrelGirl.9267

KestrelGirl.9267

Contact support; that is obviously a bug.

Posted by: Mishoo.5918

Mishoo.5918

Contact support; that is obviously a bug.

It’s not a bug. It’s a feature. A PvP feature. Which don’t belong to open world. Even so, it should not take more than 3 seconds, if you do not deal or receive damage.
Broken mechanics breaking the game.

Posted by: sarasvatri.6871

sarasvatri.6871

This has happened to me recently, but only in specific circumstances. During, say, rich node harvesting where I’m skipping tons of mobs to get to a node→ then at the node get in a fight→ finish the fight but be stuck in combat unable to switch out my mining pick that conveniently ran out of charges.

It is annoying but I dunno about “gamebreaking.”

Posted by: Figlilly.3907

Figlilly.3907

It has happened to me too. If you are playing a ranger or necromancer, be sure that your pet or minion is out of combat.

I have found that logging out back to the selection screen and then choosing the same character will fix it.

It’s just a bug. Computer programs/games have bugs. Fact of life. Report it and work around it rather than stress yourself out.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

When I find myself stuck in combat after I’ve finished a fight, I kill something else and that triggers me back to out of combat when done. Happily this isn’t a frequent thing, but it’s easily solvable as long as you can manage another fight.

Posted by: HazyDaisy.4107

HazyDaisy.4107

Minions, pets, illusions and thieves guild will keep you in combat too. But, sometimes it’s just a bug, you and your minion are not in combat, yet healing is ineffective. I think the trigger fix was swapping weapons and healing again.

Sorrows Furnace
[HaHa] Hazardous Hallucination

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

(someone decided to put a load of bandits in a jumping puzzle.)

Don’t know if you mean NSS but that’s exactly the problem I have with that jp. I love the architecture, but the constant slowdowns from the aeroblades kitten me off no end. You even get put in combat if you’re hiding behind a rock and somebody nearby gets into combat with them, as I found out once. I love jumping but something about being artificially slowed just interrupts my enjoyment of it all.

Frankly, I’m against the whole combat slow-down mechanic, at least in pve. You’re welcome to it in pvp if you want it. I don’t play pvp much. But it just frustrates in pve. I’ve heard all kinds of arguments for it, such as it making combat more manageable for the player (what does that even mean? It’s certainly more tedious and don’t we want faster/harder combat anyway?) or that it forces the player to deal with the situation (as if we can’t blink/dodge/fly/mist form/stealth/distract with minions already). It’s just an artificial immersion breaking mechanic. If we get crippled or chilled, it makes perfect sense to be slowed down. But forcing us to run through molasses as soon as some critter looks at us? May Grenth eat your soul.

Ugh. I’m ranting. That slow-down has been bugging me since I started playing. Gonna stop now. Apologies.</rant>