Most common combo

Most common combo

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: circuitnerd.5863

circuitnerd.5863

What do you think is the most common race/class/gender?

Certified Gameaholic

Most common combo

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

human male warrior.

I also dont get why so many people like to play human, I mean you play one in real life for like 20 years or more why would you still wan to play it in a fantasy world.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

Most common combo

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

Female human elementalist, honorable mentions, human female mesmer, human male thief.

(edited by Ubik.8315)

Most common combo

Posted by: Esquilax.3491

Esquilax.3491

Human because pretty much all the armors seem to be custom designed for them (and norn, but less people are inclined to play bodybuilder musclemaniacs or giant women).

For example my Flamekissed set looks like some hamfisted version of the male set on my female Asura elementalist, but on my female Human elementalist it’s a completely different, more elaborate and fitting set.

Most common combo

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Apparently humans are the most commonly played race in any game that offers them as a choice, regardless of what the alternatives are or how your race affects your character. (For example in most DnD rulesets there are better choices for almost all classes, but even so the majority of people choose to play humans.)

As for class I’d guess warrior is the most popular, because again the basic ‘fighter’ type usually is and in GW2 they’re pretty simple to play which makes them more likely to appeal to people.

Male and female I’d guess would be roughly equal.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Most common combo

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

human male warrior.

I also dont get why so many people like to play human, I mean you play one in real life for like 20 years or more why would you still wan to play it in a fantasy world.

Three reasons.

- Players more often than not prefer an avatar they can better relate to. With non-humans that is less easy to do for some

- GW1 was human only and many want to carry that story across in a similar way. The NPC races of Norn, Asura and Charr were also quite different in GW1, with Norn in particular being heavily watered down in GW2, potentially making them less desirable. Charr were also the enemy, which attaches a certain stigma.

- Humans are standardised models. That means clipping is less of a problem vs charr, JPs are less of a problem vs Norn and clothing aesthetics are more visible compared to asura

Plenty of players can get over both of those reasons, but they are predominatly why players choose humans. Sylvari are a bit of an anomaly – they fit in easier since they are new and are almost identical beyond some facial art and an glowing aura.

As for most common class, I would suspect Ranger gets that nod.

Most common combo

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Human- something.
Why?
Most people prefer to follow the most “safe” or “known” trends instead of trying something new, because the feel shame and fear of not being “normal”. Or conversely, they hate anything that in their eyes is not “normal” (Thus justifying the fear and shame the other feel).

TLDR: Human are the most common because close-mindedness.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Most common combo

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Mine is Asura Guardian Male because I’ve got 2 of ’em.

No one else’s matters.

~EW

Most common combo

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

human male warrior.

Because they are what we can relate to the most.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Most common combo

Ardid.7203

human male warrior.

Because they are what we can relate to the most.

Really? Why?
So you didn’t cry with Mufasa’s death?

I really don’t think “humanity” is something merely related to external appearance, even less in a fantasy world.

Hawks

(edited by Ardid.7203)

Most common combo

Posted by: Bollocks.4078

Bollocks.4078

human male warrior.

I hope to play my real life human for way more than 20 years. I’m shooting for 100+. Out of my 10 chars I still have 4 human, 2 norn and one of each of the rest.

Most common combo

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

I can’t say what the most common is, but I can tell you mine:

Asura Female Necromancer.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Most common combo

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Human- something.
Why?
Most people prefer to follow the most “safe” or “known” trends instead of trying something new, because the feel shame and fear of not being “normal”. Or conversely, they hate anything that in their eyes is not “normal” (Thus justifying the fear and shame the other feel).

TLDR: Human are the most common because close-mindedness.

Or maybe plenty of other reasons, like being able to relate to the toon as others have already said. Or because larger toons can be hard to see around and awkward in jps or narrow spaces. Or.. other reasons. Assuming it’s just because of close-mindedness.. is a little close minded imho.

Most common combo

Ardid.7203

Maybe. But IMO “being able to relate (only to human looking toons)” is the same as I said, just sugarcoated. Why could someone not be able to relate to other imaginary beings that doesn’t look that similar to “beauty-ideals” humans?

Of course there are many “legit” reasons to choose humans over other models in a fantasy game. I have 2 humans because they fitted better some character designs I wanted to make.

But when there is an imbalance SO BIG in the race populations, I can’t help but think we, as a culture, are really lacking mental flexibility.

Hawks

Most common combo

Posted by: Blackworm.2167

Blackworm.2167

Maybe. But IMO “being able to relate (only to human looking toons)” is the same as I said, just sugarcoated. Why could someone not be able to relate to other imaginary beings that doesn’t look that similar to “beauty-ideals” humans?

Of course there are many “legit” reasons to choose humans over other models in a fantasy game. I have 2 humans because they fitted better some character designs I wanted to make.

But when there is an imbalance SO BIG in the race populations, I can’t help but think we, as a culture, are really lacking mental flexibility.

I can’t help but notice your posts come off as really SJW-preachy.

If people want to play as humans, let them play as humans.
That way you can feel like more of a special snowflake when you play a non-human.

(Besides, the humans in GW are much more kitten than those of other lores)

GW1 – Dervish / Warrior –
GW2 – Borlis Pass – Revenant & Warrior –
Steam Profile

Most common combo

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

Usually it’s the light armorer Human female running around…or the ‘meta female thief’.

I have both a female Asura and a female Human for most of the professions I play, mostly because I cannot choose between the two which I prefer to play at any given time. There’s only so many times one can hear ‘I can outrun a centaur’ before you want to strangle yourself with your headphones. And the two professions I enjoy playing the most, the Tempest and the Reaper, are both shouty professions now…and I tend to prefer the Asura voice over the Human one. There are days where I just want to see the pretty armors on the human though…