Most frustrating stat to craft

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: RapidSausage.4620

RapidSausage.4620

Which stat do you think requires the most amount of resources + time to craft a full ascended set of (armor and weapon)?

Posted by: candace.7069

candace.7069

Anything that requires charged quartz…since you can only get one a day.

| Imojiin – Scrapper |
| Ianthe Rose – Chronomancer |

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Most time : Celestial/WupWup’s

• Timegated only 1 Charged Crystal a day… not available on the TP. you need 5 crystals for each weaponor armor piece, making a full celestial build generally 1 to 2 months of charging crystals, Which does give ample time to farm the base mats (quartz crystals) in dry top (you need 25 a day to charge them….. If you are lucky your home instance quartz node drops a charged one, never happened to me in either the zephyrite map, or dry top…

Most resources: Zealot/Keeper’s

• 1st: recipe for EXOTIC insignia’s costs 140 gold, as you need these for both exotic AND ascended gear…. most recipe’s are cheaper, Heavy armor keeper’s recipe’s are more expensive then crafting an actual piece, generally making it cheaper to make a verata’s armor piece and convert it to Keepers with a Zealot insignia… Weapons are a kitteneaper… Yes, a bit (is a small amount) cheaper yes… Stupid cat system needs to breed kitens everywhere….
  • 2nd: Watchwork Mechanisms cost 14-15 gold each and you’ll need 6 for an armor and 1 for each weapon, closest second would be powerfull blood with 3-3.5 gold per Insignia/inscription…. which isn’t really comparable..

Done.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

For sinister you can buy the charged sheets of ambrite (which require charged quartz) on the tp, so no timegate there.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Calcifire.1864

Calcifire.1864

Celestial.

you need 25 quartz to make one charged quartz, and there is only 22 available per day (3 in your home instance, 9 in drytop, andanother 10 from the rich node in drytop. if they added one more you could make one charged quartz per day).

next you actually need to make the charged quartz, which requires you to go to a place of power to charge it. and you can only do 1 per day.

not only that, charged quartz is account bound, so you can’t even skip the time gate with gold, and each piece of gear tends to take multiple pieces, resulting in weapons taking 5 days to make, and armor requires a MONTH for a full set.

Keeper’s is shortly behind and only behind because it lacks the time gate, whilst it may be annoyingly expensive, at least you can farm for the materials or buy them and get it done when you want.

on the other end of the spectrum, Verata’s (sinister) gear is the least frustrating: it requires a charged quartz for the ambrite but the ambrite can be bought, is fairly cheap, and you only need 1 per gear. plus, their recipes are tradeable, so you can get the recipes from the TP cheaply and avoid spending laurels for the recipes. the one downside is that you need 2k total bandit crests for the insignias and inscriptions

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Most time : Celestial/WupWup’s

• Timegated only 1 Charged Crystal a day… not available on the TP. you need 5 crystals for each weaponor armor piece, making a full celestial build generally 1 to 2 months of charging crystals, Which does give ample time to farm the base mats (quartz crystals) in dry top (you need 25 a day to charge them….. If you are lucky your home instance quartz node drops a charged one, never happened to me in either the zephyrite map, or dry top…

Most resources: Zealot/Keeper’s

• 1st: recipe for EXOTIC insignia’s costs 140 gold, as you need these for both exotic AND ascended gear…. most recipe’s are cheaper, Heavy armor keeper’s recipe’s are more expensive then crafting an actual piece, generally making it cheaper to make a verata’s armor piece and convert it to Keepers with a Zealot insignia… Weapons are a kitteneaper… Yes, a bit (is a small amount) cheaper yes… Stupid cat system needs to breed kitens everywhere….
  • 2nd: Watchwork Mechanisms cost 14-15 gold each and you’ll need 6 for an armor and 1 for each weapon, closest second would be powerfull blood with 3-3.5 gold per Insignia/inscription…. which isn’t really comparable..

Done.

2nd most expensive is actually sentinel with around 10g (for the whole inscription/insignia) and then celestial. Apart form the timegate, 5 charged quartz per armor/weapon require 125 quartz crystals. At currently 6 silver, its more than double as expensive as zerker.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

You can sometimes get more than one from mining the home instance node.

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

does home instance node drop better than dry top nodes?

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

nope same as drytop

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

you need 25 quartz to make one charged quartz, and there is only 22 available per day (3 in your home instance, 9 in drytop, andanother 10 from the rich node in drytop. if they added one more you could make one charged quartz per day).

Not entirely correct, cause there’s a chance of 5 quartz. So it’s at least 22, and personally I see 5-stacks drop rather often.

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

U can also take Trick or Treats bags and make a bet

Actually i have more than 120 Charged.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

does home instance node drop better than dry top nodes?

Does the dry top nodes also give charged quartz? I’ve never gotten one from those but I mine the home instance daily and I don’t do dry top that much.

Posted by: candace.7069

candace.7069

For sinister you can buy the charged sheets of ambrite (which require charged quartz) on the tp, so no timegate there.

Oooh. I feel dumb. I didn’t know you could by the sheets lol. Maaaan I could’ve had a full set of celestial already if I knew that sooner.

You can sometimes get more than one from mining the home instance node.

If you’re lucky. If you aren’t then it’s one a day.

| Imojiin – Scrapper |
| Ianthe Rose – Chronomancer |