Most overrated legendary weapon?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

Personally, I’d have to say Bifrost. I don’t see anything that special about an ivory colored rainbow stick. It’s not nearly as impressive or dramatic as many of the other legendaries.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

Posted by: joe.9815

joe.9815

Twilight and sunrise because they are seen way too much and they aren’t unique anymore.

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

Personally i think Bifrost is cool. Just because its not dramatic doesnt mean its overrated. The subtlety of the animation and the detail is what makes it amazing to look at. In fact its my favorite legendary because it looks great but its not over the top. Twilight and sunrise are really great looking but yeah too many people have them.
One legendary i find overrated is bolt. I like the electricity and such but its kind of ugly because of the color of the actual sword. It looks brownish from most angles and it just doesnt go well with many outfits. The animation is cool though.

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

I want both Sunrise and Bifrost bacause Iactually like both; I believe Sunrise is one of the best GS i have seen in many games (and believe me, I ave played a LOT of games) as far as effects are concerned, it has a beautiful palete that goes from calm blue to a feisty fiery yellow-red, the aura, after effects and steps are beautiful (conceptually speaking, a window into another dimension of awesomeness). That been said, I believe Sunrise has one of the ugliest hilts in existence though.

I want Bifrost because it is the only staff that meets most of my pretty basic requirements; it isnt an fugly old looking stick with something that has barely visible effect and because I play exclusively staff ele, so I got nothing else to go to really.

That being said, I dont believe having seen it so many times has decreased their aesthetic value to me, for all I care everyone might be waering one that I still wouldnt care, I want them because I like them and because they fit my theme; light goody sylvari boy

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

All of the ones with footprints. I never got the logic in a weapon leaving pools on the ground.

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

The Pony Bow, how on earth can that be seen as anything but overrated..it doesn’t fit in this game even a tiny bit..

Posted by: Kelnis.1829

Kelnis.1829

While Sunrise (and Twilight, really) is massively over represented, I absolutely adore the weapon. I saw it posted in a video from Beta before launch and knew then I’d just have to have it. I only recently finished it, but I wouldn’t care if everyone had one, it is my favorite weapon across the entire game.

Posted by: Sanctus.8350

Sanctus.8350

They are all too common, but that doesn’t mean they are overrated. Most of them don’t look cool enough to be called legendary, though.

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

A bow that shoots out unicorns = literally legendary

Posted by: cinemapaula.8673

cinemapaula.8673

<3 Dreamer – Doesn’t belong in the game… pfft. Like a disco stick DOES? Yet, I also LOVE The Moot. LOL

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

All of them.

None of the Legendaries are appealing, particularly in the face of the grind to get them.

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

Kudzu kind of makes sense, it seems to represent a legendary nature character named “Kudzu” and shoots small golden spears.

Though they need to fix the bowstring.

As for overrated: Definitely without a doubt, Eternity. It’s like the lesser version of both the Twilight and Sunrise for twice the cost.

To fix it it needs:
1. Footprints
2. Day/Night swapped (it should display night at day and day at night)
3. An additional visual effect, like maybe a purple nebula skybox effect when the player has more than 12 might.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

(edited by DarkWasp.7291)

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

To fix it it needs:
1. Footprints

I see the no footprints as an update.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

twilight + spiky black and red dyed armor.. e_e

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Twilight band Sunrise.
First: they’re ugly. Second, the eccessive cluttering of the screen due to the multitude of unnecessary flashy effects is just annoying.

Dreamer si not my cup of tea – i liked it 1000 times more when arrows were simple band plain rainbows…now that shoot ponies, look ridicolous.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

The greatswords without a doubt. Also, the amount of times you see them just puts me off. I find my Greatsaw more legendary than those (or at least for a little longer).

Twilight gets my personal vote for the ridiculous black sludge dripping off your character when they walk. Kudzu is my follow up because it’s footstep effect look like puddles of vomit from a distance.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

The greatswords without a doubt. Also, the amount of times you see them just puts me off. I find my Greatsaw more legendary than those (or at least for a little longer).

Twilight gets my personal vote for the ridiculous black sludge dripping off your character when they walk. Kudzu is my follow up because it’s footstep effect look like puddles of vomit from a distance.

It upsets me a lot to see that people hate on twilight just becuase its the most common legendary, Do you know how childish that sounds, just get what YOU like, and tbh i love the twilight, i saw it before i purchased the game and knew even before HOW to get it that i HAD to get it xD

basically read my signature xD all i need is my gift of Exploration and im 85% :S

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

Posted by: gosferano.8614

gosferano.8614

<3 Dreamer – Doesn’t belong in the game… pfft. Like a disco stick DOES? Yet, I also LOVE The Moot. LOL

After i finish map completion and precursor scavenger hunt / craftable precursors are implemented, I’ll definitely go for Dreamer with my thief. One day i saw thief using it, and it looks cool with unicorns bouncing around with #1 and #2.

l80 Asuran Thief – Universal assassin l80 Charr (?!) Necro – Deadly melee ranger
l80 Human Engineer – Expert of explosions l80 Sylvari Mesmer – Phantasmal Assassin

Posted by: offence.4726

offence.4726

No doubt Twilight and Surinse and it’s kind of sad that these beautiful swords are wielded by so many yesterday in LA there was a showcase of 5 twilight next to each other.. Still want it now guys ?

play hard , go pro.

Evans.6347

It upsets me a lot to see that people hate on twilight just becuase its the most common legendary, Do you know how childish that sounds, just get what YOU like, and tbh i love the twilight, i saw it before i purchased the game and knew even before HOW to get it that i HAD to get it xD

basically read my signature xD all i need is my gift of Exploration and im 85% :S

Oh I’m sorry, I thought this was a highly subjective topic discussing tastes. I didn’t realise that makes me childish.

For the record, it’s because I am of the personal opinion that the greatswords look lousy and overdone that I’m close to finishing my Flameseeker Prophecies. I want this legendary because I will use it on my main who inherited the name and legacy of my GW1 main who in his turn completed the Flameseeker Prophecies. I will thus treat it as an heirloom.

(edited by Evans.6347)

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

Ah, so that is where all the green puke blobs come from in the champ zergs!! Lol!
Gads, I am at a loss as to figure out why anyone would want this …

I agree with you on the greatswords as well. Like others have posted, I find them extremely annoying.

The only legendary where the animations fit the weapon is Frenzy (the speargun). At least the fish make sense for an underwater weapon …

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Evans.6347

Hah, indubitably.
However, should you zoom in on them you’ll see they are little patches of lush grass and yellow flowers. It just blurs….horribly at a distance.

Posted by: Ath.2531

Ath.2531

It hurts me deeply that there is not even a mention of bolt!

Probably one of the most underrated legendaries, part of the reason i am a proud owner of one

Commander Athrael ThunderBorn
GM of Crew of Misfits (CoM)
Piken Square, EU

Evans.6347

You’re right, that is shocking.

Ath.2531

You’re right, that is shocking.

Its so shocking i am electrified

Piken Square, EU

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Bifrost, Flameseeker Prophecies,Incinerator and Rodgort are my favorites, Frostfang is pretty cool as well.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Bolt ._.
Lightning effect are nice…but the sword itself is so ugly that many mesmers (like me XD) get a GS instead.

Considering how many awesome sword skins there are in the game its a pity :/

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Ath.2531

Bolt ._.
Lightning effect are nice…but the sword itself is so ugly that many mesmers (like me XD) get a GS instead.

I do agree that it could almost be used as a mace skin instead but i do like the textures and the lightning steps a lot. It may be one of the legendaries geting updated soon.

Piken Square, EU

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

The greatswords for me. Partly because they’re so common, but mostly because when critically examined, well they’re just NASTY.

Firstly, they’re too wide to be taken seriously.

Then there’s the hideously over-sized and overly ornate hilts and guards. They look like something you’d find in Liberace’s mansion. They’re gaudy and tasteless.

And the effects in combat are over-the-top and could do with being reduced. Don’t get me wrong, I love the central conceit of the blade being a window into a day or night sky, and the idea that it “paints” as it’s swung, but as they’re currently implemented, they’re just over the top.

I think they’re made to appeal to the lowest common denominator though; large, shiny and expensive.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

All the greatswords. For the same reasons Mungrul mentioned.

I don’t like bulky weapons and those legendary greatswords are the epitome of bulky weapons…

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

I would say the most overrated legendary weapon is the one you don’t have.

One – Piken Square

Evans.6347

The minstrel, Tom?
Everyone loves the chicken harp.

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

Oh I’m sorry, I thought this was a highly subjective topic discussing tastes. I didn’t realise that makes me childish.

For the record, it’s because I am of the personal opinion that the greatswords look lousy and overdone that I’m close to finishing my Flameseeker Prophecies. I want this legendary because I will use it on my main who inherited the name and legacy of my GW1 main who in his turn completed the Flameseeker Prophecies. I will thus treat it as an heirloom.

well i apologise for that the childish comment was aimed at people who say they are too common, i may have replied to the wrong person :P

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

The Pony Bow, how on earth can that be seen as anything but overrated..it doesn’t fit in this game even a tiny bit..

[…] I know they’re wrong, wait and see;

Someday we’ll find it, the rainbow connection
The the lovers, the the dreamers and me.

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

They’re all overrated.

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

Evans.6347

They’re all overpriced too.

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

Bolt ._.

I do agree that it could almost be used as a mace skin instead but i do like the textures and the lightning steps a lot. It may be one of the legendaries geting updated soon.

Cool looking sword+Lightning… It’s not that hard to do… How can you do it wrong!?!

Heiann – NSP

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I think the Great Swords are the most over rated because they are just so fugly to me- don’t get me wrong I like the idea of them, I just think the are too wide, too flashy and too over the top. (not is a good way)
Sunrise would have been awesome if it was slimmer and more elegant.
Imagine replacing Dawn’s blade with that of Sunrise and you get what I mean- I would crawl over glass for something like that

I love Kudzu myself and think it is the ultimate Sylvari weapon

Most of the others are cool
Juggernaut looks amazing, so does Bifrost
I like the troll ones like the Dreamer and Quip.
You got to love the Moot

Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Morrigan.2809)

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Definitely twilight. Not only is it ugly, but there are more twilights in this game then there are charr.

I hope the new legendary weapons offer something in the way of more serious weapons instead of clown guns, rainbow sticks, and unicorns.