Most played class in Gw2

Most played class in Gw2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kevinanderson.1835

Kevinanderson.1835

Hey Everyone. I was looking around for some Recent Data on Class data. Specifically Most played classes. Now This might change from server to server , this is why i have found so many different polls saying completely different things. Is there anything that AN has put on on this topic.

My guesses are as follows :

1. Warriors ( Top played by far )
2. Guardian
3. Elementalist
4. Ranger
5. Necromancer
6. Mesmer
7. Engineer
8. Thief

Now i only base this from experiences on my own server. So I’m looking for more concrete data on this. any help would be great. thank you.

Most played class in Gw2

Posted by: AVHero.7382

AVHero.7382

The only data that ArenaNet has released was mid-September that I know of. This is what they released.

https://d2vn94glaxzkz3.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Gender-Profession-Race-Crafting-Graph-590x378.jpg

Most played class in Gw2

Posted by: SausageStorm.4293

SausageStorm.4293

Pretty sure now it’s:

1. Thief
2. Thief
3. Mesmer
4. Mesmer
5. Thief
6. Mesmer
7. Guardians
8. Everything else

Most played class in Gw2

Posted by: applekwisp.2139

applekwisp.2139

thief at number 8? what game are you playing. theif should take spots 1 and 2

Most played class in Gw2

Posted by: Kevinanderson.1835

Kevinanderson.1835

thief at number 8? what game are you playing. theif should take spots 1 and 2

As i said up top , its based on my experience on my server.

Most played class in Gw2

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

From the GW2Guru survey:

1. Warrior (1,886)
2. Guardian (1,816)
3. Thief (1,775)
4. Elementalist (1,741)
5. Engineer (1,494)
6. Ranger (1,430)
7. Mesmer (1,371)
8. Necromancer (1,314)

Most played class in Gw2

Posted by: kiba.2768

kiba.2768

much love for the soldier classes, despite there being only 2. i personally have 2 guardians, 1 warrior that i play the most. 2 are 80 and 1 more will be 80 shortly.

i also have a necro because i decided to change things up a bit and he is immensely fun to play…elementalist and mesmer i just can’t do. and i never started any adventurers either for some strange reason. oh well.

Most played class in Gw2

Posted by: koba.1387

koba.1387

1.thief
2.elmetalest
3.warrior
4.ranger
5.evrything else
On my Sever

Most played class in Gw2

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

That’s not true.

1. War
2. Guard
3. Thief
4. Ranger
5. Ele
6. Nec – Mes
7. Engi

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Most played class in Gw2

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

I would bet since the original survey the two major movers would be engi’s moving down and mesmer’s moving up in the current mix. Warrior and Guardian would retain 1 & 2 respectively.

And, don’t forget what we have learned about the possible “best” profession from gold sellers. They actually profit from farming efficiency which is all about killing quickly while keeping yourself alive. Their, perhaps more scientific, vote for best profession, while not unanimous, is the ranger/brown bear comp.

Most played class in Gw2

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

That’s not true.

1. War
2. Guard
3. Thief
4. Ranger
5. Ele
6. Nec – Mes
7. Engi

This is about right.

Most played class in Gw2

Posted by: Rakuren Kenshou.7689

Rakuren Kenshou.7689

It feels like there are more mesmers in the game than any other class.

I’m guessing that is because 5,484 is a lot larger of a number than 1,886. Any time you see a mesmer, you usually see 4 of them.

It does surprise me to see that they aren’t that popular. Everybody wants a portal, but nobody is willing to make them themselves. :P

“I reject your reality and substitute my own.”

Most played class in Gw2

Posted by: Mister Mustard.7203

Mister Mustard.7203

I’m guessing that is because 5,484 is a lot larger of a number than 1,886. Any time you see a mesmer, you usually see 4 of them.

It does surprise me to see that they aren’t that popular. Everybody wants a portal, but nobody is willing to make them themselves. :P

Mesmers are also admittedly not the most … intimidating? class. Lots of butterflies and whatnot. It may not sway everyone, but I imagine it’s stopped some.

Most played class in Gw2

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I like it that way.. It takes panache to be a mesmer.. Not everyone has it.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Most played class in Gw2

Posted by: Kit.3986

Kit.3986

Mesmers are also admittedly not the most … intimidating? class. Lots of butterflies and whatnot. It may not sway everyone, but I imagine it’s stopped some.

Purple butterflies is why I went mesmer <3

Love my spell effects, now if only my clones could dance with me…

But in my experience, I see mainly:

- Thief
- Guardian
- Warrior
- Elementalist
- Ranger
- Necromancer/Mesmer
- Engineer

Lots of groups I’ve been in lately have been primarily elementalists, though.

Most played class in Gw2

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

according to last september graph a few months ago, engie and mesmer were tied for last with warriors first i think. considering the main characters of half my guild are warriors, the effectiveness of mesmers in wvw and how anytime engineers get grouped together in a party they start to talk about engie stuff….its safe to assume warriors are first and mesmers have beaten engies in popularity while the rare engie uses anytime they get to form everlasting bonds with other engies in an engie forsaken world.

btw yes im an engie how did you know?

Most played class in Gw2

Posted by: lemonade.3487

lemonade.3487

Theif, warrior, guardian are the highest chosen. Then its eles, then necros, then rangers, then mesmers then engineers. <—- from my personal survey.

Most played class in Gw2

Posted by: Gwaiyn.4395

Gwaiyn.4395

here’s what i’ve observed

1. warrior
2. thief
3. guardian

8. engineer

i always thought warriors and thieves were high up there because of their reputation in pvp, and warriors are especially noted for almost never recieving nerfs

guardians are up there because they’re a really tanky class with a good amount of heals, essentially they’re what a person who likes to stay with the traditional class roles of tank/healer/dps would look for

engineers are just kind of an odd ball class; at a glance it doesn’t look like they get a huge variety of weapons, they kind of lack a melee weapon (not including the tool kit) and their weapon kits don’t get stats from their weapons (i could be wrong about this, i know they get effects from sigils now though)

Gwaiyn – 80 Thief
Ryfaul – 80 Warrior
Fluene – 80 Mesmer

Most played class in Gw2

Posted by: Deathjester.9841

Deathjester.9841

Endgame (farming gold in Cursed Shore)/running instances. Warrior is very popular.

In spvp they are becoming rarer every day. Thieves and the clothies seem to be the most popular.

In WvW they are outnumbered by thieves like 10 to 1. Isn’t hard to figure out why. GS/Axe/shield is a very solid pvp build for spvp. The problem? We have no range abilities with our best spvp build. All we have for WvW is the rifle, and you sit there autoshooting in between 2 cooldowns. The bow’s range sucks in a decent pvp build.

Without our shield we are a joke as melee. Expect the warrior population to go down in everything except pve stuff, where we excel.

Engineers seem to be the only class I rarely see in spvp/WvW. The only class that seems way to prevalent is thieves and that is only in spvp and WvW.

Most played class in Gw2

Posted by: Nhalx.9735

Nhalx.9735

Hey Everyone. I was looking around for some Recent Data on Class data. Specifically Most played classes. Now This might change from server to server , this is why i have found so many different polls saying completely different things. Is there anything that AN has put on on this topic.

My guesses are as follows :

1. Warriors ( Top played by far )
2. Guardian
3. Elementalist
4. Ranger
5. Necromancer
6. Mesmer
7. Engineer
8. Thief

Now i only base this from experiences on my own server. So I’m looking for more concrete data on this. any help would be great. thank you.

Accurately put thieves would take that place without a doubt.
Based on WvW and Spvp.
Although, in Spvp i find those numbers balanced with a sidenote of Rangers being a bit looped at a last spot, although theyre on a comeback after the patch

Most played class in Gw2

Posted by: Katostrophe.3274

Katostrophe.3274

That’s not true.

1. War
2. Guard
3. Thief
4. Ranger
5. Ele
6. Nec – Mes
7. Engi

This is literally perfect.

Most played class in Gw2

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

The only data that ArenaNet has released was mid-September that I know of. This is what they released.

https://d2vn94glaxzkz3.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Gender-Profession-Race-Crafting-Graph-590x378.jpg

If i had to fathom a guess on its changes i would guess rangers are significantly down , Thief is up and necro down

Most played class in Gw2

Posted by: Orion the Cursed.1206

Orion the Cursed.1206

warrior & guardians are usually doing dungeon runs.

mesmer & thief are usually in WvW

I feel the least played are necros

That said, i dont see how other peoples choices would effect mine.

Most played class in Gw2

Posted by: Kuruptz.4782

Kuruptz.4782

That’s not true.

1. War
2. Guard
3. Thief
4. Ranger
5. Ele
6. Nec – Mes
7. Engi

This is literally perfect.

he perfected the statistic i am sure also this is 100% true

Most played class in Gw2

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

After the last patch of course it’s Engineers, everyone wants to play them now. Anet took the least played profession and really turned it around

(edited by Paul.4081)

Most played class in Gw2

Posted by: Nevermore.5487

Nevermore.5487

From the GW2Guru survey:

1. Warrior (1,886)
2. Guardian (1,816)
3. Thief (1,775)
4. Elementalist (1,741)
5. Engineer (1,494)
6. Ranger (1,430)
7. Mesmer (1,371)
8. Necromancer (1,314)

This seems accurate. I don’t think I’ve ever seen mesmer or necromancer in my team in dungeons oO

Most played class in Gw2

Posted by: Nhalx.9735

Nhalx.9735

From the GW2Guru survey:

1. Warrior (1,886)
2. Guardian (1,816)
3. Thief (1,775)
4. Elementalist (1,741)
5. Engineer (1,494)
6. Ranger (1,430)
7. Mesmer (1,371)
8. Necromancer (1,314)

This seems accurate. I don’t think I’ve ever seen mesmer or necromancer in my team in dungeons oO

Lucky me Ive seen alot of necromancers in my dungeon parties, But. to say the very least mesmers seem to be rare on my server.

Necros are great for me in dungeons as a matter of fact need moar wells x_x

Most played class in Gw2

Posted by: road range.6293

road range.6293

lol…interesting….

The Mes comments are great! Mes is actually my primary. It’s a different playing style for sure. And tricky to get the hang of it. It’s most similar to a Rit. in GW IMO. I hated the Rit, until I “got it” and then I loved it the most too.

It’s not a hack and slash class. It’s aligning lots of little pokes up, and then stacking them up for a big smash. One problem being, when others knock the target out of our dreaded AOE circles before we can land the big hit…

You’re right. It seems like there are a lot of us… But, I don’t think there are.

It does seem the largest group, by far, is Melee. They’ve done well with the dynamics of the melee attacks, making them user friendly, as opposed to arduous, and too much work chasing down prey. The ranged class actually seems like much more work, across the board, than melee, (which is backwards from what you would think). So that list makes sense to me anyway.

Most played class in Gw2

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

Thief is definitely the most played in pvp from my experience, due to the ease of just facerolling and not really needing to learn the profession too much compared to the others. I main a thief and I’m honest about it b4 you rage at me.

I found mesmer hard to master, probably the class with the highest skill cap in the game imo so it makes sense they are one of the least played.

In 90% of my pvp matches I have seen probably at least half of my enemies are thieves, the typical backstab glass cannon and heartseeker spammers then there are the 100b warriors although I am seeing more thieves every day. Then there are the haste longbow rangers right behind them along with guardians and ele’s and honestly I don’t think I’ve seen a single engineer in a good while.

I see a healthy amount of necro’s, or maybe it’s just they are obvious to spot idk.

This game is a lot like WoW pvp in the sense that people go for the FoTM classes (flavor of the month) whichever is most OP or easiest to play, that will be your #1 played class.

I will not comment on pve because I see a good amount of everything except for maybe mesmers.

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

(edited by Rukia.4802)

Most played class in Gw2

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

Oh man, my main is a Necro, guess all those bugs really are having an effect on players decisions to play them. Now Anet has beefed up Necro underwater combat, watch those numbers rise

Most played class in Gw2

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Warrior
Thief
Guardian
Ele
Mesmer
Ranger
Engie
Necro

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Most played class in Gw2

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Thief in WvW for sure. Man I hate them so much lol

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Most played class in Gw2

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

Thief in WvW for sure. Man I hate them so much lol

Everyone hates thieves in WvW.

Hell, I play a thief and I hate thieves in WvW.

I think it’s because they can always escape, feels like a trolling class that either downs you and stomps, or gets away laughing.

Most played class in Gw2

Posted by: Ryciu.8072

Ryciu.8072

In my opinion, this kind of survey should seperate PVE and WvW

In WvW you will see something like

1. Thief
2. Mesmer
3. Elementalist
4. Guardian

In Pve

There will be

1. Warrior
2. Guardian
3. Necromancer
4. Engineer

Sadly, in long term there will be only warriors farming and doing dungeons, because making an alt is easy, and warrior is the best for this kind of stuff :/

Seafarer’s Rest – Royal Legion {RL}

Most played class in Gw2

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

The most played class in GW2 is Ranger with Juvenile Brown Bear. You know you’ve seen more of these around the maps than any other classes, admit it.

Most played class in Gw2

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

1. Warrior/Guardian/Mesmer
2. Thief
3. Ranger/Ele
4. Necro
5. Wait- there’s a 8th profession? Engineer

Mine is based on PvE and mostly dungeon running. Out of all the runs I’ve done (I do AC all paths, CoF 1/2, TA, HotW, Fractals) I’ve only seen about 5 engineers in my team, now I never see rangers, so their population is decreasing (not including bots).
Necro is no where near ele/mesmer population, how I see it is there is 6 mesmers for every 1 necro playing, 4 eles for every 1 necro playing…

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Most played class in Gw2

Posted by: Amaterasu.8639

Amaterasu.8639

here’s what I’ve seen the most of in PvE only (EU)

1.Warrior
2.Necromancer
3.Thief
4.Elementalist
5.Ranger
6.Guardian
7.Engineer
8.Mesmer

(edited by Amaterasu.8639)

Most played class in Gw2

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

any more recent reports ?
I`m searching for a class to focus except Warr & Guard.

Most played class in Gw2

Posted by: Sarabande.8260

Sarabande.8260

any more recent reports ?
I`m searching for a class to focus except Warr & Guard.

I leveled a Guard to 80, and it’s fun – but they are a dime a dozen. So in interest of being a special little snowflake I went ahead and rolled a Thief…. she’s a blast to play. Hope you like dodging though. Thieves are pretty common too, however.

In the end yes some classes are more popular than others, but with so many players and only 8 classes there’s gonna seem like there is an influx of 1, especially when you play it.

Most played class in Gw2

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Really, mesmer is played that infrequently? I’ve found them to be my favorite class so far with basically unlimited dodges, high dps and pets to distract mobs for you.

I mean yeah I wish you could have a choice between like fire and butterflies or something, but I’m not really worried about how any of my stuff looks so I really don’t care much about it.

Most played class in Gw2

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

I’d like to make a side observation and say that the majority of Guardians are big fat male Norns.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

Most played class in Gw2

Posted by: Sarabande.8260

Sarabande.8260

I’d like to make a side observation and say that the majority of Guardians are big fat male Norns.

I lol’d.

Most played class in Gw2

rogerwilko.6895

just looking for something other than warr & guard with not many broken/useless skills

Most played class in Gw2

Posted by: GuildWarsPlayer.5608

GuildWarsPlayer.5608

From the GW2Guru survey:

1. Warrior (1,886)
2. Guardian (1,816)
3. Thief (1,775)
4. Elementalist (1,741)
5. Engineer (1,494)
6. Ranger (1,430)
7. Mesmer (1,371)
8. Necromancer (1,314)

Warrior and Guardian are the only two classes I play lol.

Most played class in Gw2

GuildWarsPlayer.5608

Really, mesmer is played that infrequently? I’ve found them to be my favorite class so far with basically unlimited dodges, high dps and pets to distract mobs for you.

I mean yeah I wish you could have a choice between like fire and butterflies or something, but I’m not really worried about how any of my stuff looks so I really don’t care much about it.

I think a lot of people try Mesmers out but don’t stick with them. I myself am guilty of this lol.

Most played class in Gw2

GuildWarsPlayer.5608

I think people fall towards Warrior and Guardian because the dynamics of those classes are really fun to play.

The Mage classes just don’t do it for me like the melee classes in gw2 and because this is an mmo which requires a large amount of grind and leveling, people are going to go with the best designed classes, which, in a lot of players opinions are Warrior and Guardian.

Most played class in Gw2

Posted by: wishtha.6298

wishtha.6298

I played for ~2 months at launch and quit. This is from what I see now:

Mesmers are way more popular now. Guardians and Eles are more. Rangers are maybe a bit less.

Other profs stayed the same. Maybe even less Engies now.

PvP wise, profs seem to have evened up, except warrs who are now less.

Most played class in Gw2

rogerwilko.6895

any more recent statistics?

Most played class in Gw2

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

It should be Engineer, but anet hates the class and nerfs it every patch.

Most played class in Gw2

Posted by: Mongo.2490

Mongo.2490

I found this page a while back and it’s helped quite a bit

http://gw2census.com/charts.php

Granted, it’s not OFFICIAL by any means, but it’s a large sample size and quite a few arrangements of data. From this site:

Elementalist (13.7%)
Warrior (13.6%)
Guardian (13.4%)
Mesmer (12.9%)
Thief (12.3%)
Ranger (12.2%)
Necromancer (11%)
Engineer (10.9%)

From what I’ve seen, it looks more like

Guardians
Warriors
Elementalists
Rangers
Thieves
Mesmer
Necromancers
Engineer

Not too much different.

Overall, even the difference from lowest to highest is probably under 5%.