Most played/fun class at the moment

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: sergiuku.9137

sergiuku.9137

So i’m coming back to guild wars 2 after a long pause … and i would like to know what is the most played class right now and also the most fun class to play ?

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Warrior i think is the mostplayed

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’d have to agree that warrior might be the most played. Of course any ‘meta’ class is pretty popular.

As for most fun, that’s going to be different from person to person as it’s an opinion. Personally, I like the light classes – ele, mes, and necro. I can’t really say I find one any more enjoyable than the others.

My husband would probably say either warrior or ele for ‘most fun.’ Would depend on his mood and what content we were doing.

I have a guildie that would have told you ‘Thief’ last week. Warrior 3 weeks prior to that. Today, she’d probably say ‘ele’ since she just finished rebuilding her ele for the 3rd time. I’m talking completely deleted and re-leveled, not just regeared / retraited. Her ‘most fun’ seems to be whatever she is working on rebuilding to 80… as she repeatedly just blows the characters away when she hits 80 and starts over. Why she doesn’t just buy character slots is completely beyond me…

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Wiezimag z Karthainu.1208

Wiezimag z Karthainu.1208

Why dont people just play whatever THEY enjoy?

Posted by: TChalla.7146

TChalla.7146

Why dont people just play whatever THEY enjoy?

Blasphemy, I say! Everyone must conform to that which is the best and most efficient! Fun is not factored into the equation!

Carry on, sheep!

Posted by: Padrion.7382

Padrion.7382

I’m enjoying my warrior very much. I can jump into the fray, knock my enemys off their feet, bash them with my shield and can take a lot of hits before i have to retreat (and shoot them with burning arrows while i catch my breath). I think ArenaNet hit the archetype of that class pretty well.

Thief is a lot of fun as well but not as fool proofed and a lot of support skills feel quite lackluster and not really impactful (traps, poisons).

Don’t have much experience with other classes. Guardians, Mesmers, Mages and Rangers seem interesting. Unsure about the Engineer. The Necro clearly lacks skeletons to turn me on…

(edited by Padrion.7382)

Posted by: Funset.7893

Funset.7893

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

Dunno what you will enjoy but personally I am loving the Regen Warrior, Hybrid Necro and BowZerker Ranger
but im also getting into Guardian Tank aswell lately which im enjoying quite a lot
Knockback Engineer is quite enjoyable too but doesn’t work that well against some enemies (immune to knockback naturally)

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

My favourite is my ranger (condi/crit build, short bow & sword/torch) followed by ele and engi (who I’m still debating builds for).

I like the variety those 3 provide, I feel like I have a lot of options in any given fight and it’s fun to play with them all. There are definitely easier options but those I get bored with.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: psychosiz.7109

psychosiz.7109

I think this depends on your play style. Personally, I enjoyed playing an elementalist, a Ranger and Guardian. It comes down to what you want and expect. I don’t generally play heavy classes like warrior, yet I enjoy the Guardian. I would say figure out if you want to fight at a distance or up and close, then go from there.

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

Warrior is the most popular, if things haven’t changed from the time of the last Anet infographic, and burns through most PvE content nicely.

As for the most fun, that differs from player to player. Having four of each profession (I know, I know), I have found the Mesmer to be the most fun, but only because I like torturing things to death rather than killing them outright.

YMMV, and whatever you go for, I hope you find it enjoyable.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

I think guardian is the most fun.

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Warrior is most played, most fun is on a personal basis. I haven’t played every class before, so I can’t tell you.

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Warrior is most played, which also leads to the warrior running the risk of being redundant in a group. Generally any more then 1, maybe 2, warriors is a waste of space. Though that only matters if you’re worried about speed running, if not then play whatever you want.

Personally, I prefer my ele. It’s great for all content and just brings out the evil laughter in me when I meteor shower a zerg.

(edited by Celestina.2894)

Posted by: sergiuku.9137

sergiuku.9137

Thx guys … well last time i tried necro, mesmer and thief, necro being my main, and i enjoyed all of them, but this time i’ll focus on my mesmer, i heared they are good in pvp and pve too. Tho, i don’t know how the thief dose in pve.

Posted by: Robinschultz.9652

Robinschultz.9652

Hahaha yea so much for that I guess.

Get Crit!

Posted by: Jonny.6013

Jonny.6013

Whenever I get the urge to play another class for awhile, I always come back to my Elementalist. Usually within a day or two.

Posted by: leebe.2093

leebe.2093

Posted by: Mac.3872

Mac.3872

Here`s a nice video on youtube which demonstrates the fun in playing a warrior>

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

Illusory Challenges

Thx guys … well last time i tried necro, mesmer and thief, necro being my main, and i enjoyed all of them, but this time i’ll focus on my mesmer, i heared they are good in pvp and pve too. Tho, i don’t know how the thief dose in pve.

Congratulations and condolences.

Mesmer is my favorite profession, but leveling my first was a nightmare in the beginning (the next three were an absolute blast, though). Mesmer doesn’t really open up until fairly late in the leveling process, but once it does, the world is yours.

Don’t forget the Mesmer forum is there for you, and that sometimes the best solution isn’t obvious.

Just as it should be when it comes to mastering the art of illusion.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

Posted by: Eric.6109

Eric.6109

Hard to say. I made couple of alts just for kicks, but the professions were so good and their play-style was fun – so Im actually playing them.

These are my favorite:
Guardians are really fun to play. I like the whole heavy healer kinda thing.

Warriors are fun too – you can start with massive ranged dps and then jump on your tarted just to make sure their face ploughs throw the ground.

Next are thieves which are very difficult to play (for me at least) but jumping over an enemy to stab them is awesome

Next is an elementalist which is fun, but I play it less then the others. Somehow it just doesn’t have that “flare” the other have.

Engineer – good idea, in practice not so much. Deleted him and made a Mesmer.

Mesmers are awesome with their unique mechanics and all. You can pull quite the feat when playing them.

So from best to worst (keep in mind I haven’t played hunter or necromancer):

Mesmer/thief
Warrior/guardian
Elementalist

I’m thinking on getting another slot for either a hunter or necromancer. The others I can’t delete because I actually play them. This is the first mmo that I created alts that I want to play with through the game, and not just “maybe get to lvl cap” or testing class mechanics.

a.net: I will not be buying gems with cash until you fix traits.