Most radical changes in the last 2 years?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: solfizz.5730

solfizz.5730

Hi,

Just wanted to ask what you guys think are the most radical changes since the game first came out. I was a relatively casual solo player that liked pugs and play in my guild for the short time I was active.

Is the game much more balanced? Fun? Optimized graphically? Has the player count dropped significantly? Changes to combat? …fundamental (at least what I consider fundamental) things like that.

Thanks for your replies!

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

There are some changes that I would consider significant but radical? Drawing a blank.

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

I’d argue that was ascended gear.
Magic find maybe.
The culling changes.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

The removal of language specific servers (aka Megaserver) could maybe be called radical. At least if you play on the EU Server.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Fractals perhaps?

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

The removal of language specific servers (aka Megaserver) could maybe be called radical. At least if you play on the EU Server.

Agreed.

Especially since the way WvW is set up and all the “server pride” talk we got for nearly 2 years.

Edit: Forgot to mention the impact on the RP community.

Posted by: Scrambles.2604

Scrambles.2604

the megaservers were pretty radical. I never have to quest alone now, but also i cant do a world boss without +100 other people.

I also think the new telegraphs they’ve been using for newer bosses are a pretty significant change. I dunno if the wildstar-esque bright orange spots on the ground are the best decision, but it makes discerning when and what to dodge much easier.

Posted by: solfizz.5730

solfizz.5730

Thanks everyone.

Also, maybe radical is too strong a word. But just the most important changes. Again, thanks!