Most underplayed Profession/Race

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MelcorScarr.2617

MelcorScarr.2617

Hey there dear fellow warriors,
Right now I am downloading GW2 and I am at 10% and may have to run the Downloader the next 3 hours. Enough time for me to decide which profession I will go for, and hell, I am not the man who makes fast decisions there.

However, one of the most important things I consider when choosing race and profession is the quantity of said. I always tend to play underplayed races and professions (motsly Tanks and Healers in other MMORPGS, but since they are not such roles, it’s just a question of sheer profession quantity, not role quantity).

That’s why I am asking you: Which are the most underplayed races and professions?

Posted by: Matthew Kline.8420

Matthew Kline.8420

IMO – not many engineers or mesmers. Lots of warriors and guardians.

Posted by: Dared.6578

Dared.6578

I think Charr and Necromancer/Engineer

Posted by: Vaerah.4907

Vaerah.4907

If you want to have the “though guy” way up, starting from the bottom of the barrel, if you want hard mode then Elementalist is for you.

If you prefer to start with a baseline stronger class but with more annoying bugs then you should play necro.

Posted by: Pants.8315

Pants.8315

Least played races Charr (and to a lesser extent Norn)

Classes; Necromancer/Mesmer/Engineer.

(Based on rough data from various GW2guru surveys)

Posted by: Vzur.7123

Vzur.7123

I like playing the least common classes too, but the least played classes are least played for a reason, unfortunately. Without “trinity” mechanics, DPS is important for everyone, yet some are just blatantly subpar in that area.

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I actually see a lot of mesmers Matthew. Necros and engineers aren’t that common on my server. Lotsa low level engineers with turret armies, but none at higher levels. Most seen: warriors, guardians, mesmers, rangers (in that order)

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Echo.7634

Echo.7634

Necromancer.
Mesmer.
Engineer.

are the 3 least played. ( the difference is less that 1% between them so depending on the results you read it could be any one of the 3 thats lowest)

The Charr is the least played race.
Female is the least played sex.

Posted by: Ten.8421

Ten.8421

Male Norn Mesmer.

You’d really think you see a lot of those, considering the trolling potential of three huge clones, but nope… never seen one but in other people’s screenshots.

Gamut Gaming Group [GGG], an inclusive non-oppression, non-prejudice, non-normativity group.

Posted by: dybryd.1358

dybryd.1358

An anet dev provided this graphic:

https://d2vn94glaxzkz3.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Gender-Profession-Race-Crafting-Graph-590x378.jpg

According to that, Charr is the least-played race by just a little – Sylvari and Asura are about equally common (Humans are by far the most common with Norn in second).

Mesmer and Engineer are roughly tied for least-played class.

I have a Charr Engineer, and she’s a blast: her skirt flies up when she shoots her rifle.

Male Norn Mesmer.

You’d really think you see a lot of those, considering the trolling potential of three huge clones, but nope… never seen one but in other people’s screenshots.

Got one! But I made him short and skinny for a Norn.

(edited by dybryd.1358)

Posted by: Light.8253

Light.8253

Male Norn Mesmer.

I have one. He’s a big beefy guy… in what looks like a skirt. It’s kind of sad and funny.

Posted by: Matthew Kline.8420

Matthew Kline.8420

I actually see a lot of mesmers Matthew. Necros and engineers aren’t that common on my server. Lotsa low level engineers with turret armies, but none at higher levels. Most seen: warriors, guardians, mesmers, rangers (in that order)

Fair enough. I guess on my server not many mesmers.

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

Well, from what i’ve heard Mesmer seems to be fairly weak in pve.
But man, i see a c.rapload of them in spvp. And by that, i mean about 20-25%.
Thieves are the same amount and here and there a warrior.

Posted by: ZannX.4058

ZannX.4058

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

An anet dev provided this graphic:

https://d2vn94glaxzkz3.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Gender-Profession-Race-Crafting-Graph-590x378.jpg

According to that, Charr is the least-played race by just a little – Sylvari and Asura are about equally common (Humans are by far the most common with Norn in second).

Mesmer and Engineer are roughly tied for least-played class.

I have a Charr Engineer, and she’s a blast: her skirt flies up when she shoots her rifle.

Male Norn Mesmer.

Got one! But I made him short and skinny for a Norn.

While I wasn’t surprised that humans were going to be the most popular I’m shocked that it is so high (connected to thinking that Asura and Sylvari would be higher looking a some of the reddit data). The rest of the data isn’t that surprising.

Posted by: Junkkis.5137

Junkkis.5137

Female charr. Its VERY rare to see one, no matter what class she is.

Posted by: Ten.8421

Ten.8421

I see female Charr everywhere. Are you sure you aren’t just mistaking some for male Charr? They can be made to look very very much alike.

Gamut Gaming Group [GGG], an inclusive non-oppression, non-prejudice, non-normativity group.

Posted by: dybryd.1358

dybryd.1358

Interesting – but conflicts with the chart ANet provided in calling Asura and Sylvari more common than Norn. Apparently the Reddit community has a disproportionate taste for short people.