Mother's Day Present...

Mother's Day Present...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

Is Mother’s Day a thing in Tyria?

You think all the Sylvari would team up and get something nice for the pale tree?

What would she want as a mother’s day present anyways? She doesn’t strike me as the “box of chocolates” type. Maybe a heaping cartful of all-natrual dolyak fertalizer? Trees like that kinda thing, right? Maybe a nice windchime to decorate her branches with?

… Man, now that I think of it, Tyrian Father’s Day is really going to suck for Sylvari.

Mother's Day Present...

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

We got her a giant dragon thing.
She didn’t seem to like it…

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

Mother's Day Present...

Posted by: Curae.1837

Curae.1837

We got her a giant dragon thing.
She didn’t seem to like it…

And we send Moredemom the pact fleet… Not sure how she feels about that.

“When we remember that we are all mad.
The mysteries dissapear and life stands explained.”

Mother's Day Present...

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Zhaitan used to send a few risen flowers each year before his untimely death.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Mother's Day Present...

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

My asura sent his mom a cleaning golem…
It blew up and took off half the house.

My charr finally found her mother…
She sat in the stadium and watched her be sentenced to death for being flame legion…

Mother's Day Present...

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

Is Mother’s Day a thing in Tyria?

You think all the Sylvari would team up and get something nice for the pale tree?

What would she want as a mother’s day present anyways? She doesn’t strike me as the “box of chocolates” type. Maybe a heaping cartful of all-natrual dolyak fertalizer? Trees like that kinda thing, right? Maybe a nice windchime to decorate her branches with?

… Man, now that I think of it, Tyrian Father’s Day is really going to suck for Sylvari.

Maybe they can see Modremoth as their father

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Mother's Day Present...

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

My charr finally found her mother…
She sat in the stadium and watched her be sentenced to death for being flame legion…

Lore fail.

Charr females are never active soldiers in the Flame Legion. They’re essentially slaves.

The High Legions wouldn’t kill a female who somehow managed to escape the Flame Legion. Not for that reason at any rate. Maybe as a mercy kill.

If they can be rehabilitated from the sad state they’re kept in (they’re almost feral), this is the route taken. There’s a precedent in-game for this.

Mother's Day Present...

Posted by: Arioso.8519

Arioso.8519

Maybe they can see Modremoth as their father

That’s actually what I meant. Modremoth is kinda like the Sylvari’s dad, but he’s a terrible abusive jerk of a parent.

Though I guess, he could also be seen more as the Sylvari’s Grandfather and Ventari could be more like the father figure.

And that makes the Nightmare Court like the angsty teenage rebellion stage of Sylvari. “Screw you Mom, you just don’t understand my pain!”

Though really, I just found the idea of Sylvari adopting mother’s day and giving cards and stuff to the pale tree kinda funny.

Though since other races were brought up, now that I think of it, I’m not entirely sure how all the Tryrian races deal with family relationships.

Like, I’ve never seen an Asura family together, all the Progeny are lumped together in classes. It kinda gave me the impression that Asura send their kids off to their colleges at a really young age, like a boarding school, and they’re practically raised by their teachers.

Norn and Humans seems to have a similar-ish attitude towards familes, but it seems Charr are basically raised by thier warbands.

And then all the non-playable races, I have no idea. You don’t even really see their children ever, except those Quaggan trick-or-treater kids during Halloween.

Mother's Day Present...

Posted by: Azurem.9468

Azurem.9468

And then all the non-playable races, I have no idea. You don’t even really see their children ever, except those Quaggan trick-or-treater kids during Halloween.

I remember an underwater cave (in Mount Maelstrom?), where the guard says it’s where they keep their most precious treasure and it turns out to be full of little quaggan kids. And there’s that jumping puzzle (in Timberline Falls?) where you have to jump over the lamps in a Quaggan nursery and there’s an adult Quaggan singing to them about crab cakes or something.

Mother's Day Present...

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I remember an underwater cave (in Mount Maelstrom?), where the guard says it’s where they keep their most precious treasure and it turns out to be full of little quaggan kids.

I remember the first time I found that cave (yes, it’s in Mount Maelstrom). I said “Awww” out loud. So sweet.

As for other NPC races with kids, I know there are at least two Skritt areas with their kits running around. The starting area to the SW JP has some, and I believe there’s an area in Dredgehaunt Cliffs with some, as well.