Mount Appreciation

Mount Appreciation

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gentleman.9637

Gentleman.9637

Sorry for all of these WORDS but it’s 4:53 AM, and I can’t let my love for this stuff be hidden away in my brain meat any longer.

When I first heard that mounts were going to be implemented in the game, my feelings on it were pretty negative. Mounts in other games were okay, but I’d gotten so used to the world as it was that I thought riding creatures all over the place would, Idk, “ruin the sanctity of gw2” I guess.

But now that I’ve seen how they are in the demo, I just can’t resist gushing about them publicly!
I wasn’t really going to play the demo at first, because I like doing things in a linear order; but I am SO GLAD that I decided to get a sweet taste of that mount action! The animations are so fluid, and the model so gorgeous, I just can’t get enough! As an artist, I’ve been obsessed with the gorgeousness of Tyria since I downloaded the game, and this just sent me over the moon.

I’ve been getting on every day solely to ride around the map 50 times.

Everything feels so real and smooth. The way the raptor kicks off to get moving, the way it slides to a stop, the graceful leaps… It’s like I’m dreaming, and I don’t want to wake up.

I probably sound like an obsessed fanboy right now, but kitten . You guys did a superb job. Thank you for working so hard on something like this to make it more than it “had to be”. The animators and artists have all of my respect. I can’t wait to see what you’ve done with the other mounts in person!

TL;DR: Holy heck I love these RAPTORS

What an exquisite derriere