Mount poll

Mount poll

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

Q:

This is more of a poll than a Q&A but I figured I would create the post to show common interest and get a head count to hopefully get a change before the expansion goes live.

Would you like to be able to dismount midair?

I for one would like to.

Might be hard meeting the character limit.

Mount poll

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

if that becomes a thing it can be quite prone to abuse, you can then reach places you really should not.

Mount poll

Posted by: Maethor.2810

Maethor.2810

One of the friends I played with in the demo weekend was able to dismount in midair to glide. But that was after missing a jump to a vista that was very high up so she had a greater falling distance, where I was unable to dismount midair in a relatively short fall.

So unless that was some weird blip she had in the demo, which is entirely possible at this point, then there might be a system in place that will allow you to dismount after falling a certain distance so that you could glide to avoid death.

But, to answer: I don’t see a reason for short falls, but would like to be able to dismount if I am about to fall far enough that impact would be instant defeat.

~Signe Grimsdottir | Wynne Everheart | Magiere Massing~
The Archivist’s Sanctum [Lore] – Just Us Grown-Ups [JUGS]

Mount poll

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

You don’t get fall damage when you fall with a mount. I just got knocked down for like 2 seconds. Maybe that was just a bug tho.

Mount poll

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

I can see that it would be fun to leap off a mount and glide, but if another mount already goes vertical, then there may be no functional need to do the mid-air dismount.

Mount poll

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I’m all for mid-air dismount.

Mount poll

Posted by: Kumion.7580

Kumion.7580

I think it was a dev interview conducted by Bog Otter that mentioned why you cannot… IIRC, devs thought everyone would use the springer/bunny mount exclusively to jump really high and glide everywhere, allowing players to reach everything easily. Devs didn’t want the bunny to be The Meta mount and they didn’t want to give players such an easy circumvention route.

Mount poll

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

^ In that case, let us glide if the mount falls below the level of it’s jump starting point. That would make it no different than just jumping off that same spot on foot.

Mount poll

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

If you dismount in mid air to glide, does your poor mount crash to earth? That’s cruelty that is. if so. It should be fixed so that your mount glides (visibly) with you. Also, you could have a remount from glide option.

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

Mount poll

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

If you dismount in mid air to glide, does your poor mount crash to earth? That’s cruelty that is. if so. It should be fixed so that your mount glides (visibly) with you. Also, you could have a remount from glide option.

Where does the mount go when you’re dismounting at ground level? Hammer space, of course. And that’s where it goes when you dismount in the air. Hammer space. It’s safer in there than you are.

And I agree on the glide→mount option. Way cool.

Mount poll

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

You don’t get fall damage when you fall with a mount. I just got knocked down for like 2 seconds. Maybe that was just a bug tho.

I totally did take falling damage during the demo. Wasn’t too bad, but it quickly taught me to be careful with the raptor. Still hoping to be able to dismount mid-jump with the Springer, through.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632