Mount size scaling and race

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

So I noticed that the mounts scale with the character slider and all race’s mount size is the same if they use the same height in character creation. Unfortunately this makes the smallest asura mount the same size as the smallest charr mount, and it looks completely silly having a raptor that is barely bigger than my charr running around with me on its back. It becomes even sillier being next to humans who are much smaller than my charr with much bigger mounts because of their slider.

Please adjust the base size of mounts so that they are more proportional in relation to our race’s size and not just scale them all off of what works best for humans.

Posted by: Galmac.4680

Galmac.4680

Hmm, don’t think that works. So Asuras always have baby raptors while big charrs have huge raptors.

Posted by: Izay.8725

Izay.8725

I hope not, they are already smaller compared to other races.

Attachments:

Posted by: Pino.5209

Pino.5209

I hope not, they are already smaller compared to other races.

A max height asura’s mount is bigger than my min height female human’s mount. It’s awkward as hell.
From that pic, your asura doesn’t seem to be tall.
It seems they scale the mount based on height slider on character creation.

Posted by: JackOfAllGames.2409

JackOfAllGames.2409

Personally, I like the system a lot as-is. What I’d hope is that a happy medium can be found. Perhaps a min and max mount size per race? …or give each race a mount size range that better fits and then scale based on that slider.

Posted by: Basharic.1654

Basharic.1654

As I said in the other thread this needs addressing. My max height Asura had a raptor bigger than the mount of a Norn player four times her size. Ideally min max settings for each race and/or a mount size slider in the appearance pane.

Posted by: Chadramar.8156

Chadramar.8156

The raptor is fantastic, but I definitely agree that it needs a size overhaul across the board to be less dependant on the rider’s height slider and more on their race. I made a max-sized human for the demo to check out the awesome new customization options, and she looks like a kid on a Shire horse. Toning the size for a more natural and comfortable seat would look a LOT better, just as the charr could use a size boost for their mounts so they don’t look like they stole a kid’s mount that’s going to collapse under their bulk before the day is out.