Mount skins suggestion?

Mount skins suggestion?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: hugo.4705

hugo.4705

Started this thread to think about future mount skins.
Mounts skins will be like Glider skins, and generally obtainable via trading post for maybe 400 gems. But why not 450 gems for 3 skins covering one different mount each?

Here are my sugestions:
Why not wolf, fox, scorpion and phenix to begin?

Join Inquest or Aetherblades that’s a terrible choice!
Please Anet, more underground, more asuran cities!
[TP] Bring back Moto’s boom box!

Mount skins suggestion?

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

450 gems/3 skins.
More like 800gems/1 skin.

Mount skins suggestion?

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

I really wish they just wouldn’t do mount skins at all. But.. that’s not happening. Oh well. I hope they don’t become different creatures entirely with the skins though and I pray to Kormir there will never be a SAB mount. I’m fine with a SAB mount inside SAB. Not outside it.

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

Mount skins suggestion?

hugo.4705

do you really think peoples will buy a mount skin 800 Gems? Or they will make a launching sales and then increase the price. Maybe 400 each like gliders. 800 is illogic when you see that for a instrument it’s 800.

It’s just appearance, the creatures will have the same behaviour and skills. They will not release new animations for each skins. :p

(edited by hugo.4705)

Mount skins suggestion?

Shirlias.8104

do you really think peoples will buy a mount skin 800 Gems?

Yes.
Also 1000 gems ( 1 single permanent tool ) or 2000 gems ( lvl 80 boost, LOL ).

The real question is “do you really think they are gonna give you reskin with different models, so no armored mounts or slightly differents but from raptor to tiger or whatever, and 3 skins for 450gems?”.

I really doubt.

Mount skins suggestion?

Posted by: Tyncale.1629

Tyncale.1629

Are they really going to sell different skins that are entirely different animals? Or just mix up the coloring/fur on the existing ones?

Considering all the work that went into animations for these 4 mounts, I don’t think we will see a new Scorpion mount in the store for 400 (or 800) gems.

Edit: Shirlias beat me to it.

Mount skins suggestion?

hugo.4705

Surely for many peoples, 800 you will say is nothing, almost everything is expensive on Trading Post, but 800 gems is already high. I just put 450 for 3 to see the reaction. Of course some players would buy a skin at 1200 gems for instance, but I would not be of them, I’m actually economize 800 gems for the charr guitar that I found very expensive for an instrument who only play 8 notes in differents octave.

Tyncale: Totally different animals, not only recolor, turn the jackal into fox and the manta ray into a phenix need some edit.

Shirlias: About the question, I just point out the fact that we can have launching sales for mount skins, surely not a big sale or maybe, nobody know. I agree that 450/3 is too cheaper. :/ But at the beginning this topic was for your expected mounts skins not price.

(edited by hugo.4705)

Mount skins suggestion?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’d like a feathered raptor, with dyable feathers (with more than one dye channel).

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Mount skins suggestion?

Posted by: Tyncale.1629

Tyncale.1629

Is there a dev-quote somewhere that say they will be offering other Animals as Mounts in the Store(using the same Abilities as the current Mounts have off course)?

I do not believe it. I think you are underestimating the amount of work it would cost to change the Jackal into a Fox and make everything look good, like how they animate, how the different Races sit on it, sounds and such. Jackal —> Fox would be a lot of work already, I can not even think how much work a Scorpion Mount would be, with how they move on 6 legs, tail animations and so forth. (I am not talking different Abilities off course)

But I agree it would be very cool if they did that. 800 gems for riding a Fox, gimme.

I think they will just offer different colors, furs, scales on the existing mounts. Maybe put a bunch of different Horns on the raptor.

Edit: the feathered |Raptor could be a cool skin too, as long as they can simply use the existing frames, animations and sounds of the Raptor.

Edit 2: I could see them adding a totally new Mount somewhere during LS4 though. When the mounts were leaked a few months ago, there were also pictures of a Gryphon Mount(or an Owlbear?, including Abilities, so we may see that one at some point. Not for several months though.

(edited by Tyncale.1629)

Mount skins suggestion?

Shirlias.8104

Shirlias: About the question, I just point out the fact that we can have launching sales for mount skins, surely not a big sale or maybe, nobody know. I agree that 450/3 is too cheaper. :/

Indeed there will be sales for older skins as for the current outfits, but you’ll have to wait.

[OT]
If you have problems managing golds for gems ( or buying gems ) i can give you some advices to get “rich” without farming, i suggest you 4 things: 1) invest in some extra accounts for daily login, 2) Make a good use of Ley-Energy Matter Converter following https://gw2efficiency.com/currencies/karma the last part under KARMIC CONVERTER, 3) Daily Tequatl the Sunless, 4) Daily Completionist 3/3 [/OT]

Mount skins suggestion?

hugo.4705

I never told that it will not require work/ a ton of work.
But as it’s a part of the expansion, it’s a good thing for Anet to make skins, don’t remember before HoT, when everybody wonder if glider skins will be on TP? It’s almost the same here, and I think they will give the opportunity to customize your mount more than only dye it.
-Also shirlias, it’s expensive for me but I’ve no problem to get gold, I made my 213 Gold coins required for my bass into 2 weeks or less. I do tequalt, daily, world bosses, WvW. And of course tarir meta. And I see about older skins sales, surely they would make that.

(edited by hugo.4705)

Mount skins suggestion?

Shirlias.8104

I know you didn’t Say that.
It was an extra suggestioni to face the gems cost.
Didnt mean to offend you.

Mount skins suggestion?

hugo.4705

Don’t worry :p I don’t blame you, it’s okay ^^ But thanks for tips anyways

Mount skins suggestion?

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

I’ll just add this right away, because I know it will come (for myself and others):

If they’re going to add bunch of buyable gemstore skins, we know there will be big flashy ones with crazy colors or sound effects. So please add an option from the very start to “only view basic mount skins”.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Mount skins suggestion?

Posted by: Zakka.2153

Zakka.2153

I’d much rather them currently allow you to dye your mount in more then just one place….

But skins, Doylak, large wolfs (not made of sand), Bugs, I mean some of those bugs in game could fit for the manta ray.

Mount skins suggestion?

hugo.4705

Sure, if they do like the SAB glider but in mount skin, it will be crazy and very flashy…

Mount skins suggestion?

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

New mount skins will never cost LESS than glider skins. Its fairly probable they will cost MORE. And people will buy them by dozens, just because, even if they cost 1000 gems.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks