Mounts [merged]

Mounts [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Yes! I can try out my new GIF.

And no, this has been discussed ad nauseam and mounts are for the most part a way to flaunt a players eliteness or wealth. WoW’s sparkle pony proves that point.

Attachments:

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Hmm, must be an odd numbered Friday.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

So, currently, there are no mounts in Guild Wars 2 that increase speed (There is the broom and the mat). Is there a plan to add mounts that allow the user to travel places faster. I understand that there are currently other methods of travel, such as waypoints and Asura gates. However, if one is going for map completion, it would be beneficial to have a mount, as it would allow them to complete the map faster. Also, if one is too poor to use waypoints(no idea how that’s possible, but hypothetically), it would be nice to use mounts.

I agree, and would like all sorts of mounts unique to GW. Since your post is directed towards Anet don’t let the GW purists get you down, if it was up to them this game would stay in the beta version throughout its life cycle.

JQ Druid

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

No, Anet doesn’t “have” to do anything.

Once a permanent 33% speed boost becomes possible through traits/skills/utilities, then it becomes the new norm. What’s to stop players then asking for a 50% speed skill / trait?

That you have to trait / rune for speed boost is to prevent power creep. You have to give up something to gain speed. Slotting runes that give you permanent speed boost means you forgo things like increased damage / critical chance / ferocity / condition damage. I.E you forgo combat effectiveness to gain speed. Strength runes give you increased combat strength at the expense of toughness and vitality, Melandru runes give you increased survivability at the expense of combat strength.

That being said, I do agree that the mesmers got the short end of the stick in regards to getting swiftness from utilities.

Here’s the problem with your reasoning. I have a guardian that can keep swiftness running 100% using Retreat and running over the Symbol of Swiftness. To be fair, my guardian is wearing Pact Runes but she has been able to do this before I put those on her. Said guardian can also outdamage and is better at survival than my mesmer whom is wearing Strength Runes, even though both are wearing Knight armor. Please tell me how this is fair and necessary to avoid power creep.

Before you get any idea of bias, I will admit to it. My mesmer is my main. In fact, I have 3 of them, all with drastically different builds. I am certainly well-versed in the intricacies of the class so so it makes no sense how I have an easier time with a guardian as I’m only proficient with them.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Dehvi.1435

Dehvi.1435

Not another kittening mount thread again. Go cry on the 50+ other threads instead of starting a new one. /delete

The only thing achieved without effort is failure

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: kuittaa.7360

kuittaa.7360

Mounts (some of them can fly) are one of the big things they have been working on. The other one is dueling (anywhere, anytime, no option to decline).

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: yorick.1305

yorick.1305

Mounts to make us travel faster is not what this game needs at all. So many other things anet should prioritize over features for lazy people :P

LA has a speed boost, a decent one too. I don’t care if it’s a non combat area. A speed boost is a speed boost.

If travelling faster is ‘wrong’, why is it there?

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

Another idea:

Mounts can be lent at stables. Lending a mount will cost gold based on how fancy the mount is. The mount gives a 50% (or100%) speedboostcan and can be ridden until you descent from it . There are restrictions however. Mounts can’t be ridden in towns and their speedboost will only be active on roads. Off the roads, the speedboost will decrease to 25%. You also can’t jump while riding mounts and you only have a limited and weaker set of skills to attack. Mounts have to be activated per account/town/character, which costs one Gift of Exploration.

(edited by HHR LostProphet.4801)

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I posted a 5000 char text last time regarding ways to get speed boost…
people stated as well that travelling any distance instantly will make the speed Infinite. Just unlock all WP’s…

If you’ve done so you’ll realize mounts are abysmally slow… Even with a100% speed buff. Just pay your Asura friends. It’s the only way to travel.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Oh look it’s this thread, again, again.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Ya know, depending on the weather, I mostly walk to and from various stores and other places of business that are within a couple of miles of my home. I’ve walked two miles to pay my auto insurance; the guys in the office there got a kick out of that. I’ve had able-bodied neighbors ask me if I’d drive them to places that are well within my walking range, on nice, good weather days, and I laugh and say, no, but I’m heading in that general direction, care to walk along with me? The point being, I appreciate the health benefits and sight-seeing aspects of a good, brisk walk.

But now, if I was constantly running into monsters and assorted evil bad guys and what not and subsequently hauling around vast quantities of blue and green and white and gray loot, while also wearing armor and carrying weapons and tools, I’d probably just take the car.

So, it should come as no surprise, then, that I am all for mounts for my GW2 guys, because that’s what they have to deal with on a daily basis: monsters and evil bad guys and multiple sacks full of green and blue and gray and white loot, and axes, picks, and gardening tools. Do you guys have any idea how much an axe weighs? If not, well, never mind. If so, imagine carrying around a hundred or so of them. Let me see you, any one of you, carry all that and maintain a trot as you cover, oh, two miles.

So there. Bring on them mounts.

The table is a fable.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

We could have hoverboards.
We took cues from their NPE.
Why can’t we borrow the really good stuff like this?
It would be totally in line with Asura tech.
In fact I’m pretty sure that there’s an Inquest mad scientist
somewhere out there already building this.

Attachments:

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

No.

Other games do mounts. GW does not. It;s always been that way. I’m guessing most speaking against such are new to GW or have recently come from a game with mounts.

Fair call but I hope it never influences this game. Like getting places is hard. Lazy.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Like I said in the last Mounts thread – why is it the same people are bumping a thread on mounts if they don’t like it?

It’s fine to not want mounts (I don’t want them either!), but don’t complain about Mount threads if you’re gunna keep bumping each one that comes!

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Everyone who want Mounts
<- WoW is that way.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

Like I said in the last Mounts thread – why is it the same people are bumping a thread on mounts if they don’t like it?

It’s fine to not want mounts (I don’t want them either!), but don’t complain about Mount threads if you’re gunna keep bumping each one that comes!

The problem with that argument is, if you don’t declare your opposition, then those in favour of mounts will simply declare that they are the majority and should be listened to because those in the anti-mount crowd have refrained from posting a comment or making their opposition known. Unfortunately, bumping threads like this is a necessary evil when making sure that the anti-mount voice is still heard as long as these mounts threads continue to be created.

Anet need to declare once and for all what their stance on mounts is.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Mounts [merged]

Tachenon.5270

No.

Other games do mounts. GW does not. It;s always been that way. I’m guessing most speaking against such are new to GW or have recently come from a game with mounts.

Fair call but I hope it never influences this game. Like getting places is hard. Lazy.

Lazy, you say? Lazy. Well.

What’s lazier, guiding a mount through the terrain, over hill and dale and across mighty rivers, through driving rain, sleet, or snow, most likely while fending off attacks right and left and/or being yanked out of the saddle every five yards because, hey, anet, or….

Clicking a spot on the map and moving there instantly.

Hmm.

The table is a fable.

Mounts [merged]

Behellagh.1468

TP pigeons carry weapons and bits of armor. I think encumbrance isn’t a problem in this universe.

RIP City of Heroes

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

No.

What’s lazier, guiding a mount through the terrain, over hill and dale and across mighty rivers, through driving rain, sleet, or snow, most likely while fending off attacks right and left and/or being yanked out of the saddle every five yards because, hey, anet, or….

Hmm.

People want mounts not to get across the map for general travel, it’s more about getting across the to get to the WP. That’s the lazy part.

Mounts [merged]

fireflyry.7023

No.

I can’t be bothered with the semantics.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

Mounts [merged]

Tachenon.5270

No.

Hmm.

People want mounts not to get across the map for general travel, it’s more about getting across the to get to the WP. That’s the lazy part.

Not me! I want zones without waypoints… vast, unexplored tracts of wilderness, unsullied by civilization (as we know it)… lands where somebody hasn’t already been there, done that, and installed a gods cursed waypoint.

And I want mounts to ride in such areas, as well as in areas already well known, because (hold on to your butts) I think riding hither and yon across the landscape on a valiant war steed, or a tough and scruffy all-terrain dolyak, or even a fire-breathing overgrown lizard would be (gasp) fun!

And jousting. Don’t forget the jousting.

See also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRHATZzMh-g

PS: I, personally, believe that this game would benefit vastly from the catastrophic failure of the waypoint system.

The table is a fable.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

The problem with that argument is, if you don’t declare your opposition, then those in favour of mounts will simply declare that they are the majority and should be listened to because those in the anti-mount crowd have refrained from posting a comment or making their opposition known. Unfortunately, bumping threads like this is a necessary evil when making sure that the anti-mount voice is still heard as long as these mounts threads continue to be created.

Anet need to declare once and for all what their stance on mounts is.

+1 Well said. * applauds *

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

No /end thread

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Mounts [merged]

fireflyry.7023

Anyone who even entertains the thought that forum comment/opinion has any relevance or actual merit on anything in this game, mounts included, is delusional.

Outside that kitten mounts. Like the GW2 map is THAT big….lol.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

No.

Hmm.

Not me! I want zones without waypoints… vast, unexplored tracts of wilderness, unsullied by civilization (as we know it)… lands where somebody hasn’t already been there, done that, and installed a gods cursed waypoint.

And I want mounts to ride in such areas, as well as in areas already well known, because (hold on to your butts) I think riding hither and yon across the landscape on a valiant war steed, or a tough and scruffy all-terrain dolyak, or even a fire-breathing overgrown lizard would be (gasp) fun!

And jousting. Don’t forget the jousting.

See also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRHATZzMh-g

PS: I, personally, believe that this game would benefit vastly from the catastrophic failure of the waypoint system.

And then a sudden attack on your mount and your valiant steed will be removed instantly in a puff of smoke….

Mounts [merged]

Tachenon.5270

Anyone who even entertains the thought that forum comment/opinion has any relevance or actual merit on anything in this game, mounts included, is delusional.

If forum comment/opinion has no relevance or actual merit on anything in this game, mounts included, then the requests for mounts will perforce go unheard — as will any counter-arguments! Further, posting anything at all about anything at all, mounts included, pro or con, is pointless, and the forums should be shut down at once, as they serve no relevant or meritorious purpose.

And yet, here you are, posting irrelevantly and irrmer… unnmer… without merit, fully aware, by your own declaration, that what you post will have no relevance or actual merit on anything in this game, mounts included! Which, therefore, must mean…

Hmm.

Outside that kitten mounts. Like the GW2 map is THAT big….lol.

Kittens wouldn’t work. What species of feline has kittens big enough to be mounts?

The table is a fable.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Loiterer.4235

Loiterer.4235

I don’t mind the lack of mounts with the existence of portal points but I could see them being implemented as a cosmetic only item, not granting the player anything other than looking snazzy.

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

So I have to point out how funny this is and it’s not just happening on this topic alone.

Here we have yet another very common suggestion that wouldn’t have happened had the suggestions folder been left open and the posts for the common items been properly categorized in a sticky.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Thord.2017

Thord.2017

There is nothing fast about riding a mount. The place is so full of mobs you would have to stop, kill something, get back on, ride fior a few seconds, stop and so on.

Of course you could take the option so well described above by maddoctor and not stop but let your mount and then maybe yourself die.

Then again you could just ignore mobs until you reach your destination when you would have to kill the few that were still with you. Next you could retrace your steps resurrecting those other players who died at the hands of the groups of mobs you left behind.

Imagine 5 people on mounts all ignoring mobs. Imagine the small groups of frustrated mobs all over the place killing lesser mortals than yourself.

If you want a mount in Lions Arch or a major city/town that’s fine. No mobs there. Just make sure they are set to disappear like the minipets when it starts to get busy.

Warrior level 80, Guardian level 80, Ranger level 80, Thief level 80, Elementalist level 60

Server: Gunnars Hold [EU]

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: joshc.3129

joshc.3129

Do people really think spamming the forums with the same topics like “Mounts” or “we want an expansion” multiple times a week or even multiple times a day is going to make Anet drop what they are doing and make/add them?

If they did add “mounts” they would be more for show than anything else. The maps in-game are already small. You can walk from on side to the other in no time. Also mounts wouldn’t have faster moment speeds since they are multiple ways to get speed boosts right now.

Kill stuff to unlock weapons skills, most confusing thing I ever heard of. (sarcasm)

Mounts [merged]

CMM.6712

Do people really think spamming the forums with the same topics like “Mounts” or “we want an expansion” multiple times a week or even multiple times a day is going to make Anet drop what they are doing and make/add them?

If they did add “mounts” they would be more for show than anything else. The maps in-game are already small. You can walk from on side to the other in no time. Also mounts wouldn’t have faster moment speeds since they are multiple ways to get speed boosts right now.

This. All spamming the topic does is to irritate forumites, mods everyone.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

There is nothing fast about riding a mount. The place is so full of mobs you would have to stop, kill something, get back on, ride fior a few seconds, stop and so on.

There are several areas where it could end up really funny. Orr for example. Or silverwastes (teragriffs and husks would have a field day). It would also be really funny in Dry Top, where you’d need to abandon your mount everytime any zephyrite crystal use is required.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Mounts [merged]

Tachenon.5270

I don’t know. If a bakery that didn’t bake donuts had people continually asking for donuts, would that bakery eventually succumb to the demand and start making donuts?

How about a pizzeria that didn’t offer pepperonis on their pizzas, but had people continually asking for pepperoni pizza?

How about a game store that didn’t offer GW2, but had people continually asking for GW2?

If the demands kept coming, even after long periods of unresponsiveness on their parts, would these hypothetical establishments be more likely to continue to say, “Away, varlets! We say thee, nay!” Or would their thoughts be more like, “Hmm, we sense immense untapped profit potential here…”

The table is a fable.

Mounts [merged]

CMM.6712

I don’t know. If a bakery that didn’t bake donuts had people continually asking for donuts, would that bakery eventually succumb to the demand and start making donuts?

How about a pizzeria that didn’t offer pepperonis on their pizzas, but had people continually asking for pepperoni pizza?

How about a game store that didn’t offer GW2, but had people continually asking for GW2?

If the demands kept coming, even after long periods of unresponsiveness on their parts, would these hypothetical establishments be more likely to continue to say, “Away, varlets! We say thee, nay!” Or would their thoughts be more like, “Hmm, we sense immense untapped profit potential here…”

When it is the same handful of wow refugees demanding and bumping each others posts, I don’t see much profit to be had there. Just spam.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Mastersam.3245

Mastersam.3245

Ok so guys, i have been playing gw2 for some time now but i always wondered will there be mounts, will mounts ever exist in gw2? i really want to know and it would be really awesome if they could implement it into the game. what do u guys think?

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

About a thousand of post exactly like this over the last 2 years. The community is split on the issue, some want them, other don’t want them, other don’t give a kitten about them. There is no reason to think that mount will EVER be in the game.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

Do a Google search for gw2 mounts.

Short answer is no.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

No, there won’t ever be mounts. Bai.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

<dead_horse.gif>
Leman

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

and once again Pandora´s Box has been toyed with – enjoy, OP

Mounts [merged]

Behellagh.1468

They make good drums.

RIP City of Heroes

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

I’d wager the mounts you see like the broomstick and magic carpet are the types of ones you’ll ever see.

SBI

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

NO. Again.
…. and again.
…….. and again.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Mounts in GW2 wear capes and can kill each other in Open World PvP.
Also there are mount duelz as the real endcontent

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I’ve merged seven different threads on the subject of mounts in Guild Wars 2. I know it’s not always easy to find threads, since our search engine isn’t working properly, but there really are a lot of them to be found, usually in the first page or two.

If you have something new to say on the subject, you can add it here. But honestly, the subject may have been exhausted, so if you’re tempted to post, please choose wisely.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

And no, this has been discussed ad nauseam and mounts are for the most part a way to flaunt a players eliteness or wealth.

giggles

Whereas the point of GW2 is to get expensive, pretty skins and AFK in DR/LA.

Not arguing in favor of mounts or directing this at you, Behellagh, I just find that reasoning to be a little silly :-)

Also, legendary weapons. giggles more

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

I’ve merged seven different threads on the subject of mounts in Guild Wars 2. I know it’s not always easy to find threads, since our search engine isn’t working properly, but there really are a lot of them to be found, usually in the first page or two.

If you have something new to say on the subject, you can add it here. But honestly, the subject may have been exhausted, so if you’re tempted to post, please choose wisely.

Any chance you could make this thread a Q/A and answer with ArenaNet’s official stance on mounts?

Maybe we’d see fewer redundant threads if popular questions were answered and the answers were easy to find. Just sayin’.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

It is more than exhausted. That poor horse has been beaten into ground horse meat, bashed into the dirt, and beaten even more. You should consider just making this thread a sticky and closing it to further posts since it is doubtful anything new will be brought up. However, it probably isn’t very practical to have a bunch of sticky threads for beat to death topics.

You could of course give a response from Anet as to their position on the future of mounts and end all the arguing once and for all. That is the most optimal choice in my opinion.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Nadesh.7953

Nadesh.7953

The mounts i would like to see are combat ones. We alredy have those (siege golem for example), it would be a matter of extend their use. I love to see the siege golems and also the ones of the LS and PS. I remember the Golem X (i think that was the name) which could shoot a beam that hit all on its path and could teleport too.

For WvW i would add recipes that let us upgrade the siege golems with the other siege weapons. For example, a Siege Golem + Trebuchet = a Siege Golem with a demolition ball; a Siege Golem + Flame Ram = a Siege Golem that charge and knock down all enemies on its path.

For PvE this combat suits could have a bigger customisation (shape, color, weapons, etc) but would be more limited on their use since it would be pointless to select a character class, skills, gear, etc if we will only use a combat mount. Maybe could have charges we get doing events or a big CD, or both.

Another thing. I think it could be nice if at least the guilds could build an airship (like the ones of the Pact). This airships could unlock new guild events like combat dragons or a fleet of pirate airships.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Well, I appreciate the feedback.

Sticky? Nah, no can do because there are half a dozen or more posts that would call out for the same thing, and stickies push down current topics so we’re trying to keep them few in number. (I’m actually asking team members for a review of stickies to see if we can have fewer.)

Official answer? I don’t see the value of that unless we had the post stickied (see above) or if we had a working #%^&#^ search engine. Since we don’t have a functional search engine, an official post would just slide onto Pg 3 or Pg 4 and we’d see another “Hey, let’s have mounts!” thread.

Perhaps more importantly, I don’t believe there is an official answer on the subject, although sure, I’ll ask about it and see if there’s a way to take advantage of any info on the subject that may be available.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet