Mounts?

Mounts?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Marikus.1875

Marikus.1875

Hi All,

Nooblet here. So I was questing around and just realized something…I see no mounts. Are there mounts in this game? If not, are they on the list?

Here is a pic of me

Attachments:

Mounts?

Posted by: zombyturtle.5980

zombyturtle.5980

Nope no mounts, but there are alot of speed buffs that make you run 33% faster.

Nice character btw

Mounts?

Posted by: cNcHellShadow.7691

cNcHellShadow.7691

Very well done character creation. And as of yet, there are no mounts. As far as I know, there are no plans to introduce mounts. Wishful thinking on this end as well.

Mounts?

Posted by: Zeldain.5710

Zeldain.5710

There are no mounts, but, I suspect it’s something Anet will be adding in the first expansion. Too much opportunity for customization not to mention a cash shop windfall for them.

Mounts?

Marikus.1875

Thanks everyone for the great character feedback! I’m lovin’ this creator, so much customization opportunities to make it look just how you want.

On the note of the mounts, hopefully they do introduce some in the future. Would be amazing if we could fly around or at least even swim on a whale mount

Mounts?

Posted by: cNcHellShadow.7691

cNcHellShadow.7691

Thanks everyone for the great character feedback! I’m lovin’ this creator, so much customization opportunities to make it look just how you want.

On the note of the mounts, hopefully they do introduce some in the future. Would be amazing if we could fly around or at least even swim on a whale mount

Yeah, the character creator is fairly robust, and allows some pretty decent tweaking to distinguish your toon from another.

I would have to disagree about flying mounts, as it kind of takes away from the scale of the land, imo of course. But to be able to ride a Moa across Queensdale would be pretty epic. And agreed on seafaring mounts!

Mounts?

Posted by: Nayru.4537

Nayru.4537

No mounts because it isn’t true open world. It has loading screens every 3 minutes if you didn’t notice.

Yes – my name is Nayru and I am a guy – we play games too, get over it.

Mounts?

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

I can understand ground mounts, and though waypoints sort of defeat the purpose of everything I’m about to say, flying mounts won’t happen.

What flying mounts did to WoW was take away the sense of scale. Gw2 has a wonderfully crafted world, however ugly the map is. Flying above it sort of defeats the point of exploration.

Ground mounts, perhaps some day. WvW needs something in that regard. Perhaps a trade off, if mounted you cannot carry supplies.

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

Mounts?

Marikus.1875

No mounts because it isn’t true open world. It has loading screens every 3 minutes if you didn’t notice.

True what you guys say about the flying mounts. It does make sense that it would make the world appear smaller. Not to mention the devs took a lot of time to add the littlest details so yeah flying would take away from that.

But Nayru what loading screens do you mean? I haven’t seen any except when you use a teleporter.

Mounts?

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

Everyone who knows anything knows flying mounts are bad.

I see no reason not to have ground mounts though. You shouldn’t have to spend trait points for swiftness as your “mount.”

This wouldn’t make the waypoint system pointless either. People always want to warp accross the map, and if anything the large one-time costs for mounts could easily be the equivalent of paying for waypoints all the time. The true benefit to the buyer however would be getting around WvW maps.

I agree with above guy that mounts in WvW do need some kind of tradeoff. Maybe they shouldn’t be any faster than swiftness by default. I have permanent swiftness on my engineer and it still takes forever to run supply, which is good.

Also Asura on moas. Who doesn’t want to see that?

Mounts?

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

wvwvw is in desperate need of mounts.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Mounts?

Zeldain.5710

True what you guys say about the flying mounts. It does make sense that it would make the world appear smaller. Not to mention the devs took a lot of time to add the littlest details so yeah flying would take away from that.

But Nayru what loading screens do you mean? I haven’t seen any except when you use a teleporter.

This is part of the problem with the game world, players mostly barely remember there are zone portals at each zone line – and a loading screen to go with it.

Still, this wouldn’t matter nor hinder the inclusion of mounts.

Mounts?

Marikus.1875

This is part of the problem with the game world, players mostly barely remember there are zone portals at each zone line – and a loading screen to go with it.

Still, this wouldn’t matter nor hinder the inclusion of mounts.

I guess that just means they’re done that well that you barely notice it!

Mounts?

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

There are no mounts in this game and that is a good thing. Mounts will not, should not happen in this game. They don’t belong here.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Mounts?

Posted by: Turgut.4397

Turgut.4397

Who said there should be flying mounts? Ground mounts would make a nice edition to GW. Something to spend a little spare gold on. Perfect for explorers/world completion.

And @ Naryu, if you’re seeing loading screens every 3 mins, you’re doing something wrong.

Still waiting for the things I love about GW1.

Mounts?

Posted by: Traelia.8629

Traelia.8629

NO NO NO NO NO… there are not and will never be mounts. the game has no room for them. waypoints every other 10 metres, asuran gates.. why? to stand in LA at X spot to sit on X mount to show you have done something? Try rolling a new character and run everywhere. Kill all on the way, gather all nodes, jeez..

Mounts?

Posted by: Lifeson.4352

Lifeson.4352

I was just thinking the opposite, that the wvw maps are too small and it’s too easy to get across the map making zerging the dominant strategy.

Mounts?

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

I was just thinking the opposite, that the wvw maps are too small and it’s too easy to get across the map making zerging the dominant strategy.

This is also true…

hmm

Mounts?

Posted by: dimgl.4786

dimgl.4786

There’s a mount thread every other thread. There will most likely be no mounts in this game and if they are eventually implemented I’ll be greatly disappointed

Mounts?

Zeldain.5710

There’s a mount thread every other thread. There will most likely be no mounts in this game and if they are eventually implemented I’ll be greatly disappointed

There’s no rationale to not having mounts in the game. They would do nothing to detract from your “enjoyment” — only add to that of others.

Mounts?

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

I’d love to see mounts, as long as the runspeed wasn’t significant. I don’t think ANet would ever do sky mounts as a) zone portals would make that more awkward (think the plaguelands skybox slamming into eversong forest’s instance wall), and b) would require a redesign of the gameworld that is unnecessary.

Or, if they did fly, it should be more of a hover mode that’s low. Which brings me to my next point: Guild Wars 2 has a mount and it didn’t break the game. The witches’ broom is one, it floats and it goes at normal speed. It doesn’t take a bunch of room.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Mounts?

Posted by: Spakpak.7260

Spakpak.7260

I can understand ground mounts, and though waypoints sort of defeat the purpose of everything I’m about to say, flying mounts won’t happen.

What flying mounts did to WoW was take away the sense of scale. Gw2 has a wonderfully crafted world, however ugly the map is. Flying above it sort of defeats the point of exploration.

Ground mounts, perhaps some day. WvW needs something in that regard. Perhaps a trade off, if mounted you cannot carry supplies.

as long as you don’t go to high, you can still get a good sense of exploration, IMO.

Coexist: I play wow and gw2 and I love them both

Mounts?

Posted by: BarnabyMalong.7561

BarnabyMalong.7561

Ground mounts would be pretty cool, especially the Moa as someone has stated above. And with regards to the trade off, perhaps being slightly more vulnerable and the inability to attack would be a good trade off? Just my though, of course.

As for the flying mounts: while I can sympathize with wanting one (imagine how cool it’d be to fly across the map on Jormag’s little brother’s baby sitter’s grandson’s back), it will complicate the WvW system. One would be able to fly into a keep and port the rest in—too much chaos. Unless of course mounts are disabled in WvW.

But I do agree with possibly having a ground mount—quite possibly a primitive wagon..or an asuran derivative of sorts

Dragonbrand,

Mounts?

Posted by: Vawn.3041

Vawn.3041

But to be able to ride a Moa across Queensdale would be pretty epic. And agreed on seafaring mounts!

I’ve been pining for Moa mounts (specifically, a golden Moa). I would not care at all if they were like the Witch’s Broom that add no speed bonus to the player and is purely for style – I just want to ride my bird!

Make my wallet even emptier this year – Moa mounts in the Gemstore! (but you’ll see not a single penny from me if they’re in the black lion chests!)

I don’t have a lot of money, but I can find moa Money for a Moa. That’s right, I just said that!:

“Moa’ Money!”, “Moa Money!”

• You’re probably “kinda old” (but not quite decrepit… yet) if you recognize exactly what I’m referencing)

P.S. can one of you kind forum viewers photoshop up a picture of a female Sylvari riding a Moa? That would be a great background for my cellphone.
—-

ooooOOOO YEAH, it’s about to get real! Watch me hop onto my Moa, Kim Jong il!
…wait a minute, that’s not how that song goes.

-Vawn

(edited by Vawn.3041)

Mounts?

Posted by: Nayru.4537

Nayru.4537

Who said there should be flying mounts? Ground mounts would make a nice edition to GW. Something to spend a little spare gold on. Perfect for explorers/world completion.

And @ Naryu, if you’re seeing loading screens every 3 mins, you’re doing something wrong.

If you can’t run from 1 side of the map to the other in 3 minutes, you’re doing something wrong.

Yes – my name is Nayru and I am a guy – we play games too, get over it.

Mounts?

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

There’s no rationale to not having mounts in the game. They would do nothing to detract from your “enjoyment” — only add to that of others.

There is, mounts make the actual character, you know the one with wich you play, less important. Noone is gonna check your armor or legendairy weapon if you sit on a Moa or dolyak, the mount will define the character, as it does in WoW now, and i don’t like that.

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

Mounts?

Posted by: Azurefall.4968

Azurefall.4968

There is, mounts make the actual character, you know the one with wich you play, less important. Noone is gonna check your armor or legendairy weapon if you sit on a Moa or dolyak, the mount will define the character, as it does in WoW now, and i don’t like that.

That’s a really interesting observation i don’t think many people realize about potential elitism.

Personally, due to the waypoint configuration and current run speed buffs, i don’t really understand what mounts would further offer… unless you added aerial mounts which would allow z-axis exploration. I think a lot of content is missed with aerial mounts – at least from my WoW perspective

Mounts?

Posted by: Rustypipes.6238

Rustypipes.6238

“Moa’ Money!”, “Moa Money!”

• You’re probably “kinda old” (but not quite decrepit… yet) if you recognize exactly what I’m referencing)

Thanks, now I feel old(er).

On Topic:

Fore pure cosmetic reason I can understand people wanting mounts. It should be via gem store and only cosmetic/town clothing option and have no bonus to run speed (AKA will only walk or prance/trot at the character’s movement speed).

There are 0 reasons to have mounts in the game world, no map is too big, none of them take longer than an estimated minute to traverse from one side to the other. There has to be some time sink in the game, which already has the easiest/fastest leveling system of any MMO that I have played.

Mounts?

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

No,not at all,walk 20 sec while being on your mounts…get of,fight,rinse and repeat.Yeah great addition,mounts in wvwvw.Maybe if they make newer maps with mounts actually being Usefull in wvwvw itself.WIch it wouldnt be at this point,the maps are not large enough to go roaming around with mounts,it would make the maps feel even smaller,people would be at their locations way to quick,also when your attacking a tower and people will be there even sooner to defend it or kick your kitten away.No…mounts in wvwvw would be such a turn off.