Mounts - Feedback

Mounts - Feedback

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

I’d like to be able to strafe while riding.

Mounts - Feedback

Posted by: Lady Lozza.9670

Lady Lozza.9670

I’ve got years of experience riding a horse, and I understand that aspect of the movement.
That’s not the problem. Rather, it’s way the mount seems to get stuck on turns, or can’t pivots sometimes, and it has a hard time turning at all in some spots. It might be related to the terrain issue, and may just be another aspect of it.

The terrain stickiness issue has a very certain feel to me in game. When you hit a patch pretty much all movement doesn’t happen, I’ve found I have to jump (not long jump) a few times with the mount to get through it. It definitely needs work, and it’s not just corners or logs, sometimes it does truly seem random.

Mounts - Feedback

Posted by: Aya.7503

Aya.7503

I love how the mount movement feels. It feels like you are really riding on a living thing. Bigger animals can not turn sharp corner like smaller animals can. So it makes sense to make the raptors not turn so sharply. I have noticed though that the raptor gets stuck on the smallest bumps or ramps and causes you to stop dead. It is very annoying when you are trying to out run something, then stop unexpectedly from the smallest pebble or hill.

Mounts - Feedback

Posted by: Nury.3062

Nury.3062

I have never seen a better animated mount in my years of gaming. I LOVE IT!

—-Balthazar Order [Gods]—-
“We are now! We are forever!”

Mounts - Feedback

Posted by: Blerd.7308

Blerd.7308

After I first got the mount, I hated it. It felt useless, way too slow to respond; almost felt like I should hear a loud “BEEP BEEP!” when I was backing up. I logged out of the game for an hour. I’m back on playing, and now I’m running around on the map on the mount without stopping. I can make turns and hit those long jumps with ease now. It’s smooth. Now I’m loving it. Give it time.

Mounts - Feedback

Posted by: zityz.6089

zityz.6089

I don’t mind them in motion. I do feel like the first 3 seconds while you just get on it, it’s slow and sluggish and then from there on it moves fine.

I’m sure there is a bit of tweaking they can do to it, because right now, while I do enjoy the movement, the initial start-up doesn’t have that right feel to it.

Mounts - Feedback

Posted by: Wulfghast.7685

Wulfghast.7685

I love how the mounts feel and I would honestly hate to see them given a quick, GOTTA GO FAST style of animation seen in games like WoW. As someone mentioned prior, it captures the same level of detail you would see in a single player game like the Witcher 3. I do agree however that the tail spin, while awesome when it does connect, does miss a majority of the time even if you’re right on top of the mobs. They also do get stuck on the smallest terrain details which, if fixed, would really improve their usability. It’s definitely a learning curve when you first get your mount but once you adapt to it they’re really well done outside of the few minor issues!

(edited by Wulfghast.7685)

Mounts - Feedback

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I really love the mounts. Like others have said, they feel incredibly fluid and lifelike. I especially love the inertia that the raptor has! It really brings to mind that you are actually riding an animal.

And the animations are beyond beautiful as well. Seriously, props to the entire team who worked on mounts. They do have some small bugs with terrain, but other than that they are pretty much everything I could have wanted out of mounts.

Mounts - Feedback

Posted by: RavenRecoil.6103

RavenRecoil.6103

Do not change the movement of the mounts!! I love that they actually feel like you are riding something. I love that they are not simply a cosmetic speed boost. They feel and act like animals. Some people have mentioned adding a strafe. I don’t really see the need. Play on the mount for a few minutes and you will adjust your movement patterns.

Great Job Anet!!

I am a hardcore casual player at best!!
Always up wind from my prey. I want them to smell my farts!

Mounts - Feedback

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

I only have one problem with the mounts.

They need feathers. Raptors are known to have been feathered.

Being my only complaint, I’d say they pretty much nailed the raptors quite well.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Mounts - Feedback

Posted by: Aleksander Suburb.4287

Aleksander Suburb.4287

The jumpiung sound of the raptor annoys me. There is so much jumping, because of speed increase and everytime you get the sound of a leap…

In addition you cant use the “look behing”-key on a raptor

Guild Wars balancing concept: Never change a ruined system!

Mounts - Feedback

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Mounts are pretty well done. Lack of feathers on a raptor is slightly annoying considering that they made raptors right before but this is not that important.
The only thing they are lacking at this point is a good reason to exist.

Mounts - Feedback

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Ok, after giving the raptor a bit more time, I’ve changed my mind – I like the feel of them, and some of the neat tricks they enable you to do.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Mounts - Feedback

Posted by: Zappix.7928

Zappix.7928

I have to agree with the majority ITT, very clunky, mentioned it a few times now in other posts. A little altering done to them so you don’t feel like your legs are encased in lead, compromise please. Thank you!

Mounts - Feedback

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I love the raptor, but there are a couple of spots in the playable area where they just get hung up on nothing at all. This is universally on stairs in my experience, and players can traverse that space without jumping just fine. Raptors, though, have to jump.

If they fix these couple of spots and those like them that we can’t reach, I’d say mounts are as close to flawless as is practical.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Mounts - Feedback

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

In the past, I’ve always been against the inclusion of mounts. However, having played the beta a bit, I must admit I’m pretty impressed. The raptor feels … right, with great animations and especially due to its inertia. Also, it’s not too fast, so I guess they won’t be as bad to the vanilla areas as I feared before. Good job, mounts team, you’ve definitely surprised me with some quality work.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

Mounts - Feedback

Posted by: pupi.2465

pupi.2465

Its the first MMO who impressed me with the mount system, really really good job Anet.

Mounts - Feedback

Posted by: Orodret.8230

Orodret.8230

After playing for a few hours, i’m getting used to the mount.
I’d still like few improvements.
1. Strafe.
2. Mount not turning direction if i rotate camera behind and release mouse 1 key.
3. No delay, or at least shorter delay, from the moment i press W, until it starts moving.

Mounts - Feedback

Posted by: RedDeadFred.1256

RedDeadFred.1256

Oh god please no. Don’t change it. It feels amazing and has honestly blown me away with how much I enjoy just running around the desert on it.

The only thing I’ll agree with is that it’s annoying when it gets caught on what should be some terrain that should be easily traversable.

Mounts - Feedback

Posted by: Chadramar.8156

Chadramar.8156

I’ve come to agree that the mount should be able to side-step. Yeah, it would be kinda weird and kinda unrealistic at top speed, but it’s also weird and unrealistic (and sometimes annoying) not to be able to do so when standing or walking, at least.

Getting stuck on terrain should be looked at.

The mount/dismount animation could also use some work. The unnecessary flash and the forced zooming out/in are annoying and possible triggers for motion sickness.

As has been mention on other threads, please look at the size of the mounts. They’re distinctly too small for charr (and probably norn), and too big for max-sized humans/sylvari.

A second (and maybe third, we can dream!) dye channel would be a great change to make each mount more personal and unique.

(edited by Chadramar.8156)

Mounts - Feedback

Posted by: Knuckle Joe.7408

Knuckle Joe.7408

Not sure if that’s the case with all of the other mounts, but I find annoying that I can’t strafe left/right while holding right click with the raptor. But I guess it would look weird if they could do it.

DO FAST HANDS BASELINE

Mounts - Feedback

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

I’m quite enjoying the mounts.

But one dye slot is just awful and seems cheap despite being the main mechanic of the expansion. I don’t mind that they intend to sell new ones on the game store, probably with more dye slots, but none of them are coming fast enough to make me not cringe at our “yellow-bellied lizards”.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”