[Suggestion] Mounts?

[Suggestion] Mounts?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Stalvros.9217

Stalvros.9217

My apologies if I posted in the wrong section.
Tried posting https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/suggestions but it says I’m ‘not allowed to’ -_-.

In any case, I would like to suggest mounts?
I mean, if you’re going to cap speed at 25% (Or was it 35%?) and that it doesn’t stack with any other speed quality attributes, can you at least introduce mounts to increase speed?

And for the sake of ‘discussion’, well…..
I know we have waypoints but, imagine trying to catch up to the Lyssa event after killing Claw Of Jormag. The closest waypoint is about 2 WP away as the nearest one is contested. I WP to the one near the ‘statue’ and after I got warped there, it says ‘WP is contested, warping you to nearby WP’. About 1 minute later while running to Lyssa (who is at that moment has it’s HP reduced down to 25%), the game warped me all the way to the camp WP which is even further away from the temple -_-.

I mean, yeah you can make the argument;
- Be there early!
- Don’t hog up all the events!
- Warp sooner!

But still…..
WP costs money (not that we care, just pointing it out), contested WP makes it harder to warp to nearby events that we wish to attend before it’s over and althought we might have 100% exploration on our main characters, we don’t have all WPs unlocked on our subs.

In addition, mounts make your guardian looks cool? XD
I’m not asking for flying mounts or even allowing attack from mounts (Let’s take it one step at a time). All I’m asking for is mount to increase our speed (You can cap it at 50% speed increase) and to make our character looks cool? XD.

If you put your mind into it, you can accomplish anything.

(edited by Moderator)

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: xoxo.5429

xoxo.5429

ok guys so i decided start new topic cause i think im not the only one that loved if they put mounts in game, i dont mean try to make this game like others mmo’s but u guys need to recognize, mounts are great and super usefull tell me your feedback, peace

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Fasalina.6571

Fasalina.6571

Don’t need em, don’t want em. No.

(edited by Moderator)

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: xoxo.5429

xoxo.5429

i just want to know the peoples opinion… feel free to leave if u dont like it

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

No – and this thread is beating a dead mount.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If you truly want to know people’s opinions on the subject, you could – possibly – peruse one of the many, many former threads on mounts. Good luck. =)

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

No – and this thread is beating a dead mount.

Would that be a skeletal horse or a spectral one?

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

For some reason this forum’s community doesn’t like mounts at all, but for me mounts are SUPER AWESOME and got me in the mmo industry in the first place.

I mean who wouldn’t love to ride a baddas mount and explore this wonderfull game and sceneries riding !!!

Hell they dont even have to put more speed on them just same speed as running should be enough, made them only cosmetics!

If they ever introduce mounting, even as cosmetics though the Gem Store i will give real money to buy them just to support it!!!

Give mounts to the people already

Cyaaa…

Attachments:

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Attachments:

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

This again?…..

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Angrod.7850

Angrod.7850

Same as Vissarion.

No need a speed buff on them, but just mounts. <3

It’s the only thing I would really love to see in the game.

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

The only way I’d like to see mounts in this game is if they were restricted to the walking speed of the supply dolyaks in WvW, and even then I’d be disappointed that they added mounts which really don’t fit in the GW2 universe.

#TeamJadeQuarry

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

I don’t get why people are so obsessed with mounts: “Look, I’m sitting on something” yeah rivetting…

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: D I V A.6018

D I V A.6018

No.

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Angrod.7850

There is a seraph saying that centaurs are made to be ride.
In GW1, there were undead who rode undead horses.
On the Hoelbrak artwork we can see a norn ridding a dolyak.
There is a model of a knight ridding a horse in the game.

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

And there are atworks of soldiers with spears, as well as an artwork with a giant. So there is a model of a knight wielding a spear and a shield in the game, and a model of a giant.

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: yorick.1305

yorick.1305

You have to visit that other MMO for that. Which is perfect for this kind of thing. GW2 appeals to a specific type of cosmetic-only player.

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

We already have mounts – every time I’m in Queensdale, people are catching some ‘Train’ :p

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

There is a seraph saying that centaurs are made to be ride.
In GW1, there were undead who rode undead horses.
On the Hoelbrak artwork we can see a norn ridding a dolyak.
There is a model of a knight ridding a horse in the game.

Yep. It’s not against the GW universe, it’s just not been implemented yet. I’d love mounts— ground mounts with max speed comparable to the passives one can get from runes or traits.

The broom got released and it didn’t break the universe. And Asura use golems for transport all the time. Dwarves used Dolyaks, humans (well, undead ones) used horses.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Slayer.4238

Slayer.4238

I don’t think mounts would be that bad as long as they couldnt be used in combat or to get ooc i.e. “oh noes ima die lol lets run horsey!”

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Mounts are both largely unwanted and completely unnecessary. There are more than a few ways to get speed boosts in game for map exploration, and the waypoint system more than allows players to cover ground they’ve already been to. They aren’t wanted, they aren’t needed

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

No mounts – as the only race that used mounts were/are the Stone Summit and they are supposedly long gone. There were no mounts in GW1, that is why we have the portals through out the GW Universe.

To Sylv: in GW1 only the Stone Summit used mounts – even Humans walked or used the Portal system. Golems are a part of Asuran technology and hence does not break the lore.

(edited by Dusty Moon.4382)

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: apriores.4926

apriores.4926

This game consists on too much loading screens and if you don’t have an i3 or i5, you need to wait a lot just for that. I consider that having a mount would give so many players a pleasure to explore the world without using WP’s for short distances.
Besides that, a mount could offer to all professions in game an equal mobility, as for now, an elementalist with teleport and FGS can run two times more faster than a necormancer. Personaly, this is one of the major reasons I play a high mobility profession when it comes to World Bosses and Events.
In addition, a mount combat system will be great in GW2, I’m sure about that.
Don’t need to mention again about Gem store profitability.

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: bel unbreakable.7145

bel unbreakable.7145

I am sure it’s not impossible to let the people that want mounts have them you could put in a system whereby when you bought a mount from the store and equip it you lose for all time the ability to use the waypoint system

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Dusty Moon.4382

This game consists on too much loading screens and if you don’t have an i3 or i5, you need to wait a lot just for that. I consider that having a mount would give so many players a pleasure to explore the world without using WP’s for short distances.
Besides that, a mount could offer to all professions in game an equal mobility, as for now, an elementalist with teleport and FGS can run two times more faster than a necormancer. Personaly, this is one of the major reasons I play a high mobility profession when it comes to World Bosses and Events.
In addition, a mount combat system will be great in GW2, I’m sure about that.
Don’t need to mention again about Gem store profitability.

I get the same amount of loading screens no matter what processor I use. It has to do with the ‘zones’ in this game. Even on a mount if you go from LA to Gendarran Fields, you will have a loading screen. A mount won’t change that.

Many professions have a speed boost built in, like necromancers. Mounts will just make the game less enjoyable to play. Why? It is because players on mounts tend to agro everything and run past players not on mounts and that causes issues for those players. This was very common in Rift and TERA, 2 games that have mounts.

Mounts would just be more of a hassle then they are worth in this game. If they put mounts in, you certainly should not be able to fight off of them – so you would have to mount and dismount (like in TERA and Rift) and that is more of a pain than they are worth.

Mounts are not needed in GW2.

(edited by Dusty Moon.4382)

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

No mounts – as the only race that used mounts were/are the Stone Summit and they are supposedly long gone. There were no mounts in GW1, that is why we have the portals through out the GW Universe.

To Sylv: in GW1 only the Stone Summit used mounts – even Humans walked or used the Portal system. Golems are a part of Asuran technology and hence does not break the lore.

I remember GW1. Necrid horsemen used horses, so Orr had them. Fields in this game are mentioned to have horses, the humans talk about ponies, etc. I don’t see why folks are so dead set against them, and yes, I am a GW1 vet. It doesn’t break the lore.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

/no

I agree with the many others that state that mounts are not needed in GW2.

I have nothing against mounts, but I don’t feel they fit here either. There are plenty of other games if you need mounts to enjoy your play.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: sinzer.4018

sinzer.4018

The only issue i have with mounts is that the game was designed without them and thus the huge amount of WPs alot of which would have to be removed as otherwise it’d just be ridiculous… but then they are also our spawn points for when we die.

Thing is i’m sure riding a mount would slow me down so i wouldn’t use one… A pack dolyak, however, i would use

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: apriores.4926

apriores.4926

Many professions have a speed boost built in, like necromancers. Mounts will just make the game less enjoyable to play. Why? It is because players on mounts tend to agro everything and run past players not on mounts and that causes issues for those players. This was very common in Rift and TERA, 2 games that have mounts.

This phenomenon already exists in game. Not just once I stood parked on a WP for some time and players travels near there followed by a mob which just stopped and start attacking me. That is just not a reason.
And I do not say that with mounts WP should be removed or reduced in number. Instead of using a Fire Great Sword to travel quicker, I just could very well to ride a mount. Nothing is changed in terms of gameplay rules. About combat, as others mentioned, a mount could have HP. If you get hit a specific amount of damage, you dismount.

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Kurwan.4089

Kurwan.4089

Wow, I never thought I would see such hostility against mounts… Think of it as a cosmetic item, mounts are an integral part of any medieval fantasy world… and it sure is a great future addition to GW2.

I think people misunderstand that mount = super fast traveling/skipping method, but it doesn’t have to be…
But it can be difficult for charr, I can’t see them on a horse… so everyone race get a “racial mount”? or just charr… that is the only reason I see why mount can be a problem, consistency with all races.
And, I’m against flying mount , those are over the top…

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

Every week.
-Sips tea-

Devona’s Rest

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

The attachment really made my day

I think I stole it from someone else’s post in a different mount thread.

I definitely stole it, I mean I think it was in a different mount thread versus one of the other often repeated topics.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

No Mounts—simple as that—-everytime this topic is introduced—No mounts is the consensus. Give it up—move on—not going to happen.

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

i just want to know the peoples opinion… feel free to leave if u dont like it

If you want opinions, look for hundreds upon hundreds of threads buried in here.
IMO, No. Just stop already…

Attachments:

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

As long as mounts are a purely cosmetic effect that does not offer any advantage, and disappears the moment you get into fight, or start swimming (aka “flying broom”) i don’t really care. In any other case? No, i’d rather not have them.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Joey.3928

Joey.3928

I think a cosmetic mount would be cool. It should offer no speed bonus and purely be a unique looking way to travel. Like the witch broom. Then yes! Mounts would be really fun.

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger
Hardcorepwnograhpy [HARD] | Isle of Janthir

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Minami Kaori.2548

Minami Kaori.2548

I would love it. This forum hates on mounts very much, but I think they’d be really great.

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Calys Teneb.7015

Calys Teneb.7015

Many people bring up mounts solely because they want to bypass the waypoint system. The waypoint system is a gold sink. No matter how expensive you make mounts, the waypoint will always sink more gold over time. Therefore there will not be mounts that give you an advantage over the waypoint system in game.

Now if you want a mount that will just change how you run, there are toys for that. The Drill and the Broom. Maybe more in the future.

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

This is so NOT a “new topic”…

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Xia.3485

Xia.3485

I love the broom. Why can’t I ride my little pony too.. it would match my staff

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Blanger.3162

Blanger.3162

With the advent of Asura gates the need for personal mounts was removed freeing all animals from the drudgery of hauling their masters around, only the lowly Dolyaks still remain in service today carrying supplies between outposts and trade centers. But rest assured that the keen minds of the Asura will not rest until even the lowly Dolyaks task is replaced with modern technology and they too are free of the bounds of slavery.

So you see…..NO MOUNTS!

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Angrod.7850

There are cars in the reality, but we can still ride a horse.
So your comparison WP/mounts doesn’t make sense.

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: SirMorgenStar.6721

SirMorgenStar.6721

What would be their purpose? They would essentially be nothing but bling because of all the waypoints and much faster ways to travel. Honestly I’d rather there be no waypoints so we’d actually have to travel around the world, it’d feel bigger and more immersive that way, but I doubt they’d remove them.

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Fasalina.6571

Fasalina.6571

There are cars in the reality, but we can still ride a horse.
So your comparison WP/mounts doesn’t make sense.

Neither your WP/cars is for that matter. Hell I’d take RL WPs over cars every single day. Especially when I’m late for work. If I want to have a 2 hour walk and relax I’ll do that because I want to enjoy the scenery, and I won’t use my car of it

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Angrod.7850

You have not understood what I mean.

In the reality : Cars/Horses(mounts)
In the game : Waypoints/Mounts

Cars = Waypoints
Horses = Mounts

You will take your car to go faster as you will take a waypoint in the game to go faster to your destination.
You will take a horse for the fun, to walk and relax : mounts.

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

There are 2 mounts in the game as is more if you count endless tonics that can move they just simply do not effect your movement speed and are more for looks.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

We’re going to see mount threads until they are implemented, if the ever are.

Mounts are fundamental to human history and fantasy lore. Imagine a fantasy game with every kind of weapon but swords. Do you expect there would ever be an end to “Can we have some swords added to the game?” threads?

Look at LOTRO. Your typical fantasy wizard has no place in the lore of Middle Earth, but they new somethings are so deeply ingrained that they would need to give mage players something at least remotely familiar, so they stretched the lore to inlcude Lore Masters and Rune Keepers so that people can fling fireballs if they really need to.

I’m not arguing for or against mounts here. I’m just saying that trying to shut down players desires for mounts in GW2 is blowing against the wind. Especially when the “but waypoints!” and “they don’t fit in Tyria lore” arguments have some pretty significant holes.

We will be seeing these threads until there are mounts in game or ArenaNet shuts down the servers.

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

What would be their purpose? They would essentially be nothing but bling because of all the waypoints and much faster ways to travel. Honestly I’d rather there be no waypoints so we’d actually have to travel around the world, it’d feel bigger and more immersive that way, but I doubt they’d remove them.

Agreed. I’d rather they cut the number of waypoints by at least two thirds and introduce mounts with a 60% run speed buff, automatic dismount in combat, and upon entering cities or interiors.

That way we’d have more people crossing the open world. It’d also make it more difficult to engage in anti-immersive gameplay like champ farming and world event hopping.

[Suggestion] Mounts?

Dusty Moon.4382

Agreed. I’d rather they cut the number of waypoints by at least two thirds and introduce mounts with a 60% run speed buff, automatic dismount in combat, and upon entering cities or interiors.

That way we’d have more people crossing the open world. It’d also make it more difficult to engage in anti-immersive gameplay like champ farming and world event hopping.

The world isn’t big enough for mounts, as it is. Also, since everything is zones, you will still have to go through the loading screens anyway. Since the game is already set up this way, cutting waypoints, lowers people MAP COMPLETION achievement. That won’t fly.

Mounts are unnecessary and another bragging point. If you want mounts there are plenty of games with mounts in them already.