in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

There is no poll; at least, there is no poll on these forums. /shrug

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Abakk.9176

Abakk.9176

Which is important to a game’s longevity. If all there is to do is get somewhere very fast, beat something up, and pin on the I-WIN badge, why bother?

Exactly my thoughts. A big appeal of MMOs are massive open worlds… being able to instantly teleport everywhere, then teleport out only diminishes that. And GW2 already feels small to me due to zones seperated by loading screens.

I thought teleporters were there for fast access to events. You can ignore them as you explore and level a character.

They are hardly of any influence on the zones, that are quite big enough to ‘get lost’ in imo.

But there is no player that will start at the lower left of a zone and travel by mount to the upper right “because it is so beautiful in the countryside”.

Bar the odd exeption to the rule off course.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Which is important to a game’s longevity. If all there is to do is get somewhere very fast, beat something up, and pin on the I-WIN badge, why bother?

Exactly my thoughts. A big appeal of MMOs are massive open worlds… being able to instantly teleport everywhere, then teleport out only diminishes that. And GW2 already feels small to me due to zones seperated by loading screens.

I thought teleporters were there for fast access to events. You can ignore them as you explore and level a character.

They are hardly of any influence on the zones, that are quite big enough to ‘get lost’ in imo.

But there is no player that will start at the lower left of a zone and travel by mount to the upper right “because it is so beautiful in the countryside”.

I think that the number of people who enjoy exploring the visuals of the game fully might be greater than you assume.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Abakk.9176

Abakk.9176

I think that the number of people who enjoy exploring the visuals of the game fully might be greater than you assume.

I wasn’t talking about how many people enjoy exploring the visuals of the game. They could be 99,99% of all players and then i would still say what i did.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

So let’s break it down:

1: We don’t want mounts because the world already feels small. Well then don’t use one. Simple.

2: We don’t want mounts because teleporters and separated maps make the world small. Don’t use the teleporters or the mounts. Simple.

3: We don’t want mounts because it would mean we have to actually play the game to learn how to use them. Don’t use them. Simple.

4: We don’t want mounts because there will be items in the store (likely cosmetic only) that if purchased will make us feel like we’re buying nothing. Don’t buy them. Simple.

All of these logical fallacy arguments against mounts mean nothing at the end of the day when your npcs are getting around using mounts and carriages that means your game is incomplete. Mounts are a central part of every fantasy mmo and that’s what GW2 is.

I wasn’t talking about how many people enjoy exploring the visuals of the game. They could be 99,99% of all players and then i would still say what i did.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

So let’s break it down:

1: We don’t want mounts because the world already feels small. Well then don’t use one. Simple.

2: We don’t want mounts because teleporters and separated maps make the world small. Don’t use the teleporters or the mounts. Simple.

3: We don’t want mounts because it would mean we have to actually play the game to learn how to use them. Don’t use them. Simple.

4: We don’t want mounts because there will be items in the store (likely cosmetic only) that if purchased will make us feel like we’re buying nothing. Don’t buy them. Simple.

All of these logical fallacy arguments against mounts mean nothing at the end of the day when your npcs are getting around using mounts and carriages that means your game is incomplete. Mounts are a central part of every fantasy mmo and that’s what GW2 is.

Those are not logical fallacies…

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

So let’s break it down:

Those are not logical fallacies…

That’s not an argument…

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

We don’t want mounts because we don’t want ANet to waste their limited resources on something with limited impact on game play. They don’t need to waste animators and artists to build various living mounts and how player character models need to be animated to mount, dismount and ride them. I would rather animators create more player character emotes than a “feature” to make the game more like other MMOs.

The ONLY place I can see mounts are in areas where the Asura hasn’t had a chance to lay down waypoints.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

And if Mounts were anything but cosmetic it could ruin some minor balance/profession philosophies.

It would also add unnecessary clutter.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

And if Mounts were anything but cosmetic it could ruin some minor balance/profession philosophies.

It would also add unnecessary clutter.

If it’s for PvE, that “balance” is skewed anyway. And PvE is the only place mounts should exist, if ANet does consider adding them. And if those are added (suspicious leaks suggest it as a mastery) they may or may not make it to core Tyria or HoT, which means the zones would be designed with mounts as a consideration. We’re already seeing new zones with fewer waypoints, and that design pattern may continue into the next expansion.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Fragon.7043

Fragon.7043

gliders were introduced in core tyria , even if its masteries does not exist (updrafts/leylines etc..) , and now by this mechanic you can zap more then 1 jumping puzzle (the ones who didn’t get a restriction), hell even the world completion is even better,jumping from a high cliff and survive, reaching out impossible jumps etc .., why would mounts with an increased speed ruin your experience in PvE wild maps…., if we do a list , there is like a very few maps which cannot fit mounts , like race-related starter ones , but if we take kryta/ascalon it’ll be very helpful.

And your argument that mounts can’t fit HoT or LS3 maps is simply inaccurate,
its like you’re saying Cars are not planes, they don’t have wings so they shouldn’t exist.

i personnally think that mounts will serve as a lore enrichment in the first place, and a fun game mechanic that a large part of the community will like (i’ve my own reasons to believe that),and a heavy money revenue for arenanet as they ’ll develop excellent mount skins that people will be in love with,

(edited by Fragon.7043)

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Mysteriax.6049

Mysteriax.6049

I’m all for mounts in PvE. Please keep them out of WvW.

Bad Axxe
Blissful Epidemic [Blis]
Gate of Madness

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

I’m all for mounts in WvW. Please keep them out of PvE.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Bribrockley.7923

Bribrockley.7923

i really like to see flying mounts in future expansion, so i could see the beauty of guild wars 2 map through sky and sea. I know some says would never agree with it because new player would be so much easier to do a map completion and not enjoying the map exploration.

How about, let say new player or player without 100% map completion needs to do at least 1x or even 2x map completion to get a Gift of Bla Bla to gaining skill to tame a flying Mount. or just add a NPC let says ‘The Tyria Explorer’ to trade our Gift of Bla Bla with skills (which allows u to ride a mount/flying mount) and needs to be proven by the NPC. or just put it as an achievements to get the Gift, by doing that i assume people would like to do Map Completion and exploring the whole map without ruining the game mechanical i guess.

I heard so many new player not doing the map completion because its useless, they are prefer to farm gold and buy a legendary weapon rather than craft it or they just jump to the next content (HoT)

Sorry my english bad

(edited by Bribrockley.7923)

Mounts [merged]

Fragon.7043

this actually gave me a momentum for a good idea.

since a lot of people don’t want mounts in core tyria, and are saying it’ll break the conception of it, then make the only possible way to get them in vanilla maps is as a reward from world completion, so a character who didn’t round off the exploration will not have mounts out of the expansion maps.

only the map exploration completer character will benefit of the mount system in core tyria

this will prevent people of having unfair extra speed, so it can’t ruin the previous gap of time to actually complete world exploration.

when it comes to meta-events tho, this is about the Getting there issue.

i don’t know if people Reaching rather then Missing a meta-event due to extra mounts speed will break the actual meaning of it, but we do know that the more people getting to an event the harder it’ll be but the core idea is indeed having the biggest number of players participating !

i really dunno how it goes but i hope that player ideas are taken into account !

Mounts [merged]

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I’m all for mounts in WvW. Big dinosaur mounts with mounted lasers. Pew pew!!

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Mounts in WvW just makes me think of those huge charr tanks in and near the black citadel that don’t move. At all. It’s just sad seeing them stand there, forever.

Now driving one of those huge beasts through the WvW landscape would be hilarious. Well Imo anyway. Alot of people are probably like, “but I can’t use my carefully planned out skills”.

I also don’t see how waypoints (instant travel) and mounted travel cannot exist next to eachother. Waypoints are not the same at all as mounts. That’s like saying swiftness and waypoints are not able to exist next to eachother.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Mounts [merged]

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Mounts in WvW just makes me think of those huge charr tanks in and near the black citadel that don’t move. At all. It’s just sad seeing them stand there, forever.

Now driving one of those huge beasts through the WvW landscape would be hilarious.

OMG Yes!! The tanks!! It would be almost like driving an AT-AT in the attack on HOTH. Well, in a fantasy way.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

So let’s break it down:

Bzzt.

Not every argument against mounts can be solved with ‘just do not use one’. For example, if nobody is around to rez you because they are all riding mounts whether or not you use a mount has no bearing on the situation. There are plenty more examples in this thread but coming up with more is an exercise for the reader.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Oriens.5630

Oriens.5630

I’ve played a lot of games, had a lot of mounts that I absolutely loved getting, grinding faction for, etc.

I just don’t feel mounts would fit with the nature of the game.

(edited by Oriens.5630)

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Jink Bonestealer.9274

Jink Bonestealer.9274

I’ve always felt mounts would come in handy when a waypoint is contested, particularly when the nearest one is on the other side of a mountain. Or, hey, they could finally fix the waypoints that were broken by Mordy.

Leader of the Wind Riders [WIND]
I support Tengu as a playable race.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Zet.9130

Zet.9130

Why mounts? I’m betting fancy mount armor in the Gem Store.

Mounts [merged]

Jink Bonestealer.9274

Because I want to ride a friggin’ dolyak like the Stone Summit did in GW1 (the cheaters).

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: keramatzmode.1906

keramatzmode.1906

Mounts are needed to pursue the lore. Don’t you think it is weird a civilised society can build an airship with cannons, but can’t figure out how to ride a horse?

The new expac will add maps with less waypoints and I think it is crucial to add a method on how to explore such vast maps. HoT give you vertical navigation, and it is about time we get a long navigation without being lazy and rely on waypoints. These are level 80 zones, so it must be gritty and harder to come back to a meta event and not dying.

Adding mount’s isnt necessarily a “mob skip” option, maybe they can introduce some sort of mobs/enemies that are more effective to be killed with mounts when travelling, while some are better to be killed on foot.

The only problem in such mastery is that, anet need to introduce mount upgrade system (not mastery) that allows you to customize your mounts. Please no more gemstore only content.

Mounts [merged]

Ashen.2907

can’t figure out how to ride a horse?

How does one figure out how to ride an animal that doesn’t exist?

Humans in the real world have produced airships, spaceships, submarines, helicopters, etc, etc, etc…

and yet have not mastered the art of riding gryphons…

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: keramatzmode.1906

keramatzmode.1906

Humans in the real world have produced airships, spaceships, submarines, helicopters, etc, etc, etc…

B-but the guards at DR did talk about horses: “Why would you want a horse who could talk”

But kitten you were right, that makes sense about taming gryphons and riding them.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Mounts suck, imo they will make the game look like some stupid asian mmo.

Succinct and accurate.

SBI

Mounts [merged]

Fragon.7043

mounts will be the main sale point in the next xpac, we’ll get a lot of skins for them(like wyvern for “can’t name it” / (insert floating animal name) for “can’t name it” …etc, and also armors / saddles/ little ornaments that you can dye after you equipped them to your pet mount, i doubt you’ll get masteries (like combat / healing / jumping / flying) out of the new maps but you’ll be able to reach out whatever event / mission / town / objective you want on a mount if thats your choice, there will be like special skills to keybind.

but overall it won’t take a big part of the gameplay out of the new maps, it’ll just be pretty and a lil’ bit faster then average maximum speed that you can obtain with any class build IMO.

(edited by Fragon.7043)

Mounts [merged]

Ashen.2907

Pay real money for a statistical game play advantage, even if only a, “lil bit,” over other players…

I honestly hope that mount, if they do come, max speed is limited to what characters can already achieve, and that they require the same or similar opportunity costs that such movement speed does for characters currently.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

This again? By now, the horse has been beaten to death, ressurected, killed again, given an insurance claim by Zhaitan Life Insurance, only to regret that claim when it came back with no lower jaw and its eyes gone, on top of everyone trying to kill it again, then being brought back to be sewn back together into some risen undead champion super horse (still no lower jaw though) that had to fend off every other risen trying to ride it, only to be killed by a magic nuking zerg trying to chase it down.

Also. No. We don’t need mounts. In fact, from a certain point of view, we already have them! They just change how we move about, rather than anything else. (Sonic drill tool, flying carpets, brooms, etc.)

Let the poor horse rest in peace already.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: AvaAzul.8290

AvaAzul.8290

While I think Mounts Would be great…, mounts overall would make World vs World pvp annoying & broken.

Mounts [merged]

Fragon.7043

While I think Mounts Would be great…, mounts overall would make World vs World pvp annoying & broken.

why don’t you rather think about a new, WvW map designed around mount mechanics (may be even their masteries) ?

EOTM and current ones untouched =).

Mounts [merged]

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Since no other Masteries affect WvW, I would not expect the upcoming ones to.

Mounts [merged]

Fragon.7043

Since no other Masteries affect WvW, I would not expect the upcoming ones to.

i’m very doubtful about that but hey, you really don’t want to click on that if you’re not already well informed : leaks tend to show how mounts will concern large group healing with the skimmer, actual DPS skills with the raptor, high jumps , falling damage high decrease for jackal and propulsion & gliding features for gryffon, now that's actually very likely to stay in the new maps ...,and yes the huge amount of time and effort put on is unlikely to happen for WvW i can't disagree with that, but who knows, as it'll be a huge addition and a pretty good kitten one for large scale PvP. x)

Mounts [merged]

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, one never knows. I guess we will all find out when the expansion is announced, and details are released.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Zet.9130

Zet.9130

Watch because of the leaks Anet will quickly retool and we’ll get a small expac of Pandas.
LoL

Mounts [merged]

Jink Bonestealer.9274

Replace “horse” with “dolyak.”

Mounts [merged]

Ashen.2907

Replace “horse” with “dolyak.”

I guess I can get behind that. Mounts are available but riding one involves taking a reduction in speed.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Arnox.5128

Arnox.5128

There isn’t necessarily any good reason why mounts can’t be in GW2.

BUT, there isn’t necessarily any good reason why mounts SHOULD be in GW2 besides showing off.

Need to get somewhere quickly? Waypoints. Want to fly? Gliding. (Yeah, I know it’s not flying really, but it’s good enough.) If we added flying mounts, it would make Gliding totally useless and would undo all the work ANet has put into that.

The only reason that’s left is for glamour. And we already got a whole lot of stuff for that. More than other MMOs actually in a way.

Another thing is, GW2 has always been an MMO that… Just does its own thing. It doesn’t try to copy WoW at all. It has it’s own personality. It’s own distinctive flavor. And adding mounts would just… It would aesthetically and functionally clash with the kind of world that GW2 is. What ANet has made it to become. No, it wouldn’t be a total tragedy at all if mounts were added, but it would detract from the overall personality of the game.

ArenaNet, please give us more skills!

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

My guildmaster would love gryphon riding. Like, really love it. Like, SQUEE into Discord love it. :p

But have you seen gryphons? Sure, they float for a bit, but hit them and they randomly fall down. Not good for mounts.

Charr helicopter, though… <3
I’d at least like to have one of their bikes.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

OK, wow. This discussion. So, we already know that they have been working on mounts for the new expac and so they have literally dedicated man hours to a thing that has a very vocal minority in part no doubt because someone there at Anet realized that this could be a new revenue stream from new players as anet has also shown that they tend to care little about vet players in the grand scheme of things as those fonts of money tend to dry up quickly and new money is all they want.

That being said, if they make mounts exclusive to the gem store AND have them confer bonuses that affect movement/battle AND only available to expac owners, then they would have succeeded in making the game p2w. Furthermore they would have successfully made a bunch of people simply leave the game if they did this. For all the vocal people that want mounts there is a much larger base that still feel they are both horribly unnecessary and would frankly detract from the game/mechanics of said game and leave people that feel so many other aspects have been neglected to be even more annoyed that this dev time was spent on this new mechanic even though there has been such strong opposition to it.
So, does that mean that Anet might retool these elements, or maybe not even deliver something that is fully fleshed out? Most likely if past experience has taught me anything. This means that even among the mount proponents there will be a large number that will be less than satisfied and making a stink about them on the forums, further pulling dev attention to essentially a vanity item that will be added to a game to solve a nonexistent “problem” for a small subset of players that already have mobility buffs at their disposal.

In short, mounts are a very bad idea, especially for this series as they have never existed EXCEPT for one NPC in GW1 and a few NPCs in HoT, but since its a bad idea Anet is going to jump on it and run with it.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Nidome.1365

Nidome.1365

The main argument for mounts seems to be people saying “Mounts are really great in <insert game name here> so they should add them in GW2”.
This is GW2 and not <insert game name here>. A lot of people play gw2 because it isn’t a cookie cutter MMO.
If you want <insert game name here> then why are you playing GW2? Surely if the features of <insert game name here> were so important to you then you would still be playing it rather than GW2?
If you get the devs to change GW2 into a <insert game name here> clone then the uniqueness is gone and the reasons for playing it lessen and people stop playing.
Keep GW2 different – it doesn’t need mounts.

Mounts [merged]

Fragon.7043

OK, wow. This discussion. So, we already know that they have been working on mounts for the new expac and so they have literally dedicated man hours to a thing that has a very vocal minority in part no doubt because someone there at Anet realized that this could be a new revenue stream from new players as anet has also shown that they tend to care little about vet players in the grand scheme of things as those fonts of money tend to dry up quickly and new money is all they want.

That being said, if they make mounts exclusive to the gem store AND have them confer bonuses that affect movement/battle AND only available to expac owners, then they would have succeeded in making the game p2w. Furthermore they would have successfully made a bunch of people simply leave the game if they did this. For all the vocal people that want mounts there is a much larger base that still feel they are both horribly unnecessary and would frankly detract from the game/mechanics of said game and leave people that feel so many other aspects have been neglected to be even more annoyed that this dev time was spent on this new mechanic even though there has been such strong opposition to it.
So, does that mean that Anet might retool these elements, or maybe not even deliver something that is fully fleshed out? Most likely if past experience has taught me anything. This means that even among the mount proponents there will be a large number that will be less than satisfied and making a stink about them on the forums, further pulling dev attention to essentially a vanity item that will be added to a game to solve a nonexistent “problem” for a small subset of players that already have mobility buffs at their disposal.

In short, mounts are a very bad idea, especially for this series as they have never existed EXCEPT for one NPC in GW1 and a few NPCs in HoT, but since its a bad idea Anet is going to jump on it and run with it.

i did a poll a few weeks ago about the potential addition or not of mounts to the game, didn’t even precise the ’as a new mechanic" but i left the feel of “traditional mounts”

1.6k people voted, that’s of course not enough(you don’t have to repeat it) ,but it was sufficient for me to have an overall picture, as the results were like 40% against , 60% with , now you can refute the truthfulness of the poll, but you can trust me i did what i could to keep it confident.

that was enough proof IMHO that indeed a part of the community doesn’t want to have them implemented, and that they can be really kittened off on the devs, if they do so.

but in another hand, the bigger part will in fact like them as a new addition to the game, and the ultimate argument is that new players can have some very unique visions of what mmos can be , and mounts are a part of it,so love it or hate it , it’ll be useful on the market especially for potential new joiners, so what you’re saying about how that its only the vocal minority that wants them is absolutely incorrect,because their presence will appeal more people to try the game.

now the detractors will have either to embrace it, even if anet goes with traditional mounts or not, or quit the game forever and ever, that’ll depend of their broad-mindedness.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

With profits in decline since launch and HoT failing to impress investors, it’s really no surprise that they’d turn to mounts, which are probably the most popular item in MMOs. Just look at how easy gliders sell. Not only will mounts likely be more accessible, assuming they don’t screw them up by making them a gimmick, there’ll also be several types to buy skins for.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Dragon.4782

Dragon.4782

With profits in decline since launch and HoT failing to impress investors, it’s really no surprise that they’d turn to mounts, which are probably the most popular item in MMOs. Just look at how easy gliders sell. Not only will mounts likely be more accessible, assuming they don’t screw them up by making them a gimmick, there’ll also be several types to buy skins for.

Well maybe if they added tengu and/or kodan as a playable race, profits would be so bad. Especially since they are the two most popular candidates for playable races and they fit in with the lore (with koan rallying the far north to stand against Jormag and the tengu slowly leaving their isolationist culture behind).

Mounts [merged]

Ayrilana.1396

i did a poll a few weeks ago about the potential addition or not of mounts to the game, didn’t even precise the ’as a new mechanic" but i left the feel of “traditional mounts”

1.6k people voted, that’s of course not enough(you don’t have to repeat it) ,but it was sufficient for me to have an overall picture, as the results were like 40% against , 60% with , now you can refute the truthfulness of the poll, but you can trust me i did what i could to keep it confident.

that was enough proof IMHO that indeed a part of the community doesn’t want to have them implemented, and that they can be really kittened off on the devs, if they do so.

but in another hand, the bigger part will in fact like them as a new addition to the game, and the ultimate argument is that new players can have some very unique visions of what mmos can be , and mounts are a part of it,so love it or hate it , it’ll be useful on the market especially for potential new joiners, so what you’re saying about how that its only the vocal minority that wants them is absolutely incorrect,because their presence will appeal more people to try the game.

now the detractors will have either to embrace it, even if anet goes with traditional mounts or not, or quit the game forever and ever, that’ll depend of their broad-mindedness.

I’m more likely to question the existence of the survey over its truthfulness at the moment.

Mounts [merged]

Posted by: Alek Seven.2374

Alek Seven.2374

If people are thinking : ‘’Hey there’s mounts in this game , i’m gonna play’’ NO! If you are playing this game/ came back from a break just for the mounts, you shouldn’t be here.

[Keep GW2 different] : This game was different before Raids came and now mounts. Am I playing GW or the clone of a clone ?

Mounts [merged]

Ayrilana.1396

Yeah. I’ve never seen people use whether there are mounts in a game as a decision points as to whether to play it or not. It’s not likely players are going to magically decide to play the game just because mounts were added.

Mounts [merged]

Fragon.7043

Ayrilana.1396

feel free to check FR / DE / ES GW2 discussion forums, link is there, i had a hard time posting it here as it doesn’t encourage discussion as the moderators say x).

Mounts [merged]

Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

feel free to check FR / DE / ES GW2 discussion forums, link is there, i had a hard time posting it here as it doesn’t encourage discussion as the moderators say x).

Ah. That’s why I never saw it anywhere. The percentages have changed since you last saw then it looks like.

As far as truthfulness, I’m hesitant to trust online surveys. Many can be worked around to manipulate vote counts fairly easily. I’m not saying that you did this but we don’t know if others didn’t for either side. It’s just caused me to lose faith in them if all they do to prevent vote manipulation is by IP.

I’m primarily against mounts because they just look rediculous (referencing WoW) and they add screen clutter. This can make it even more difficult to see stuff on top of the excessive special effects from abilities as well as adding onto CPU load. There’s also a ton of waypoints along with movement speed that can be obtained with traits, abilities/skills, and consumables.

I could see mounts working but only for maps designed specifically for them and to perform specific functions. Like how in GW1, the sandwurms were used to travel across specific portions of the Desolation and the siege devoured was used as a method to deal a lot of AoE damage at the expense of speed. They shouldn’t provide swiftness of any kind.

Tl;dr; If added, they should be used on maps specifically designed for them to handle specific challenges rather than used throughout the entire game.