Mounts- totally not what you think!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: David.5693

David.5693

I am not talking about something you ride, but something that is actually mounted on the wall!

We all have our home instances. How awesome would it be if you had a wall dedicated to mounting the heads or miniatures of major bosses you have slain with a little short sentence of appreciation from the people affected by the boss.

Example: The People of Queensdale rejoice that Player Name has vanquished the Shadow Behemoth of Godslost Swamlp!"

It is a far more visual representation of what you have accomplished than simply tabbing through your hero panel.

Cool or no?

Posted by: Teniz.5249

Teniz.5249

I have read mounts so here take this

Attachments:

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

I am not talking about something you ride, but something that is actually mounted on the wall!

We all have our home instances. How awesome would it be if you had a wall dedicated to mounting the heads or miniatures of major bosses you have slain with a little short sentence of appreciation from the people affected by the boss.

Example: The People of Queensdale rejoice that Player Name has vanquished the Shadow Behemoth of Godslost Swamlp!"

It is a far more visual representation of what you have accomplished than simply tabbing through your hero panel.

Cool or no?

Attachments:

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

re you asking for housing?
Like a guild hall but for you character only?

If so, i think it’s not a great deal ( cause is an instanced zone, accessibile only by 1 person ).

Otherwhise if you want to put some items to create a trophy for the guild hall well, i agree.
would be nice.

David.5693

So the word mount is a trigger word now? Micro aggression? Lol

Talyn.3295

So the word mount is a trigger word now? Micro aggression? Lol

I think we all see what you are trying to do here :P

Attachments:

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

HoM…

…for GW2…

..all I gotta say…

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

Great idea. To bad people don’t read before they post

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

You’re probably not going to get a great reaction to this since you’ve basically disguised one dead horse topic (player housing) as another (mounts). Either people won’t read the actual topic and will just react to the title with negative/sarcastic comments, or they will read the topic….and react with slightly different negative/sarcastic comments.

As for your actual idea this is pretty much what I thought they were going to do when, before release, they said our home instances would change as we progressed through the storyline. I imagined NPCs moving in, new things appearing, decorative mementos/trophies being available, either automatically or something we could choose to display like the Hall of Monuments in GW1.

Pretty much how I use my house in Elder Scrolls games – I’d hide useful stuff and/or stuff I was saving to sell when I had a better merchantile skill in chests and display random things like dragon bones, amusing books I’d found, musical instruments I’d stolen borrowed etc.

There is a bit of this, as NPCs from the storyline will appear, but the fact that they don’t really do anything or interact with you in any way makes it feel unfinished. Elli (the asura announcer/hologram fighter) just stands staring at a wall in the human instance and doesn’t react at all if you talk to her…it’s kind of creepy.

I’d like to see them build on it, but at this point it seems unlikely.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Talyn.3295

I think most of us who replied read it. And took it for the Troll post that it was.

David.5693

You’re probably not going to get a great reaction to this since you’ve basically disguised one dead horse topic (player housing) as another (mounts). Either people won’t read the actual topic and will just react to the title with negative/sarcastic comments, or they will read the topic….and react with slightly different negative/sarcastic comments.

As for your actual idea this is pretty much what I thought they were going to do when, before release, they said our home instances would change as we progressed through the storyline. I imagined NPCs moving in, new things appearing, decorative mementos/trophies being available, either automatically or something we could choose to display like the Hall of Monuments in GW1.

Pretty much how I use my house in Elder Scrolls games – I’d hide useful stuff and/or stuff I was saving to sell when I had a better merchantile skill in chests and display random things like dragon bones, amusing books I’d found, musical instruments I’d stolen borrowed etc.

There is a bit of this, as NPCs from the storyline will appear, but the fact that they don’t really do anything or interact with you in any way makes it feel unfinished. Elli (the asura announcer/hologram fighter) just stands staring at a wall in the human instance and doesn’t react at all if you talk to her…it’s kind of creepy.

I’d like to see them build on it, but at this point it seems unlikely.

I will admit this is 70% trolling and 30% wondering why this isn’t already a thing. We have a home instance. They know what we have accomplished. Just give us a pretty wall, or fountain or something, charge 800 gems for a “sculptor license” to activate it and watch us throw money at ANET.

I just couldn’t resist when I thought “We need to mount that on the wall… mount… LOL MOUNT!”

I just like to set things on fire and watch them burn.

(edited by David.5693)

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Mounts were added in HoT.. Stop asking for it :P

Attachments:

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

David.5693

Yeah, but he isn’t nailed to muh wall!

briggah.7910

Sorry couldn’t resist. lol been holding on this ss for a bit waiting for a mount thread to pop up.

I kind of like the idea as maybe a guild decoration. If they did add something like this you’d probably have to farm the items from the bosses to make the decorations.

Player Vs Everyone

David.5693

Sorry couldn’t resist. lol been holding on this ss for a bit waiting for a mount thread to pop up.

I kind of like the idea as maybe a guild decoration. If they did add something like this you’d probably have to farm the items from the bosses to make the decorations.

I understand. I really do, lol.

Posted by: MadRabbit.3179

MadRabbit.3179

It’s not that it’s a bad idea. It’s just an idea that fits a theme that has begun to plague GW2 over the last year.

It’s a gimmick. It holds no real substance or point. It’s a shiny new toy on par with gliding or bouncing mushrooms. It’s something meant to bedazzle people and have them go “Oh, look how cool this is!”. A distraction from the reality of a game that is growing stagnant and boring, because of the focus of the addition of new “cool features” like this instead of actual meaningful and enjoyable game content.

Rehabilitated Elementalist. Now, trolling the Thief forums with my math.

David.5693

It’s not that it’s a bad idea. It’s just an idea that fits a theme that has begun to plague GW2 over the last year.

It’s a gimmick. It holds no real substance or point. It’s a shiny new toy on par with gliding or bouncing mushrooms. It’s something meant to bedazzle people and have them go “Oh, look how cool this is!”. A distraction from the reality of a game that is growing stagnant and boring, because of the focus of the addition of new “cool features” like this instead of actual meaningful and enjoyable game content.

That is actually very thoughtful and completely correct. That seems to be the trend. But as long as they are adding fluff, I at least want it to be personalized, non grindy fluff. You play the game, slay a big baddie and get a trophy on your wall.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

I think most of us who replied read it. And took it for the Troll post that it was.

This^ , just change your subject heading.

briggah.7910

New blog post up about shatterer mentions this:

And you’ll now be able to collect tokens to create Shatterer-themed decorations for you Guild Hall.

Player Vs Everyone

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Trophy rewards from world bosses is coming for guild halls via decorations on the Jan 26 update. Any world bosses with a unique chest model – currently afaik being Tequatl, Triple Troubles, Mouth of Mordremoth, and soon The Shatterer.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

David.5693

Shoot, I was just ahead of my time!

Posted by: Silvatar.5379

Silvatar.5379

….We all have our home instances. How awesome would it be if you had a wall dedicated to mounting the heads or miniatures of major bosses you have slain…..

Cool or no?

Almost thought it would be cool, then this came to mind:
https://youtu.be/GME0IEjSPtI

(edited by Silvatar.5379)

David.5693

….We all have our home instances. How awesome would it be if you had a wall dedicated to mounting the heads or miniatures of major bosses you have slain…..

Cool or no?

Almost thought it would be cool, then this can to mind:

DYING! I love Ace Ventura anyway. that was perfection.

Posted by: Rio.4259

Rio.4259

Cool or no?

Almost thought it would be cool, then this came to mind:

Hahaha….epic.