Mouth of Zhaitan is invulnerable - bug?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

I’ve soloed the final personal story mission (Victory of Death) up to Mouth of Zhaitan without much trouble, but he is invulnerable to my attacks. Also, all the NPC’s that had been helping are just standing in the air-ship. Is this a bug?

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

If you every played Super Mario 2, the answer should click right away.

You beat the mouth by throwing rocks as he sucks in, and beat the crap out of him in the 10 seconds hes stunned. Then repeat.

Posted by: BammBamm.6719

BammBamm.6719

use these flame things lying around against him when he opens his mouth

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

He’s invulnerable until you throw burning stones into him while he’s sucking up stuff. Then you lay it on!

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

kurfu.5623

Ah… Thank you all for your quick replies!

kurfu.5623

Thanks again… managed to finish the whole thing thanks to all of your tips. And then.. saw something I never expected to see in an MMO… end credits. lol

(I know there’s much more to do :p )

Attachments:

Posted by: Pupp.3687

Pupp.3687

I figured out a different way to win. It’s a slow process, but doable.
1. Use the pillar closest to the ramp going upstairs.
2. Keep to the side of the pillar that’s farthest away from the Mouth of Zhaitan.
3. Use a ranged weapon to shoot the guards circling the Mouth.
-Just keep one targeted and try to shoot it as it goes into view. The Mouth will be out of view.
4. Eventually one of the guards will peel off and attack you directly. Then you switch to melee and make quick work of the guard.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until all the guards are dead. Run up the ramp if you get low on health. (It’s hard to always avoid damage when trying to hit a guard enough times to get it to peel off.)
6. After all the guards are dead, you can melee the Mouth: DO NOT MELEE… keep using ranged weapons. After it gets to 50% health, it will respawn the guards.
7. After guards respawn, repeat steps 3 to 5.
8. After the 2nd set of guards are killed.. keep using ranged weapon to kill off The Mouth. The fight is stupid easy at this point.