Move my greatsword buttons back (Guardian)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ingmar.7530

Ingmar.7530

I don’t give 2 craps about any nerfs, or balance changes, or anything like that.

I do care that you just stuck me with hours and hours of getting used to where my new buttons are for no reason. How many times am I going to die because I fire a leap off instead of a sword spin? This is an utterly stupid change that has no point at all. Nobody cares if the abilities are in order of cooldown on the bar.

I am generally really easygoing about MMO patches. No patch in 12 years of online gaming has ever angered me this much. So uh, grats on that I guess.

If you’re not going to let me move buttons around in the first place the least you can do is not yank the rug out from under me on the order you give them in the first place.

Posted by: Natjur.4017

Natjur.4017

I thought all buttons are in order of length of cool down. So since they increased the length of cool down of one and lowered the other, they had to move them to keep with the rule of all buttons are in order of cool down length.

Clear as mud?

Posted by: Icecat.4528

Icecat.4528

surprised the mods have not deleted this – I posted something on this earlier and got “infraction” – what a joke.

GW2 mods can fuck it up their cock sucking asses – Sieg heil you nazi fuckers

Posted by: Mars.6319

Mars.6319

Thank you for posting this. I thought I was going crazy. I kept hitting the wrong button to activate skills and thought I needed to cut back on Captain.

Posted by: ituhata.6830

ituhata.6830

It really bothers me because of the rotation I had (leap, put the blue circle thingy on the ground, and spin in cirlces and kill everything), admittedly leap was out of order in 4, but still, everything was relatively in order. Even though I’ve only been playing a Guardian for half a day, the new order confuzzles my poor fingers.

Caelthras – Fort Aspenwood
3rd Flora Artillery Unit

Posted by: MysticoN.5068

MysticoN.5068

-Sing.

Or why not let us customize the layout of weapon slots? Problem solved. Cant understand why that is going to be a problem.

MysticoN – 80 Necro
Draci – 80 Guardian ( on hold)
-Far Silverpeak-

Posted by: Tewi.2184

Tewi.2184

I was going to suggest rebinding the keys, but that’d affect your other weapons as well, which.. would not solve anything.

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

I felt like the old number 2 was instrumental in PvE fights.

But yeah, the move is a pain to relearn the muscle-memory and whatnot.

What’s really a %^&* is that we can’t move those skills around to begin with. Hey, even in GW1 I could put skills where I wanted. If we had a decent UI, we’d not complain, we’d just make it right ourselves.

Posted by: Acerac.6428

Acerac.6428

Not a cool change. I hope it is reverted.

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

I don’t like the change at ALL neither the symbol and leap nerf. i also don’t see the reason for this.

Posted by: Seraphy.2374

Seraphy.2374

I agree. I was used to my greatsword layout. Now im constantly throwing down my symbol when i want to close the distance. Its really screwing me up in pvp. Gonna take a while to get used to…

80 Guardian: WvW role = Front-line Infantry
80 Thief: WvW role = Scorpion wire trolling

Posted by: Kichwas.7152

Kichwas.7152

I went through years of patches in WoW that would completely wipe my entire list of abilities and replace them with all new ones.

I still can’t play a paladin since they changed it at the end of BC – giving it a rotation instead of the older “more complex than warrior” priority list.

At least Guardian still has the same general actions now. At least you still have the weapon. At least you can still play the same playstyle.

Moving a skill from one number to another is pretty small compared to what some MMOs have done to classes.

http://kichwas.wordpress.com/ – GW2 Blog Presenting the Opposing View
JAH Bless – Equal Rights and Justice for all.
Justice And Honor – Tarnished Coast.

Mars.6319

Were Guardian symbols really owning that much face? I’m trying to think of when I abused or fell victim to Guardian symbols in PvP… and am drawing a blank.

(edited by Mars.6319)

Posted by: Imaginos.3756

Imaginos.3756

Hate the change. Has already gotten me killed a few times and repair costs at 80 are not pleasant.

Vote: Reverse the change.

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

It’s annoying, but whatever I’ll live. I’ve just been saying the order to myself 3,5,4,2 until it’s muscle memory again.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Posted by: StarlightGamer.9560

StarlightGamer.9560

I vote for the ability to rearrange weapon skills. Not just for the Guardians in this thread and all future cooldown changes, but because switching around the weapons skills would make it much easier for me to be efficient when switching elements on my Elementalist.

Posted by: Feycat.4370

Feycat.4370

Thank you. The nerf was bad enough and undeserved, but come on. Please don’t move our kitten skills around on the bar.

We’re supposed to be “watching the combat, not the UI” remember?

Game enjoyment increases as time spent on the forums decreases.

Posted by: aleiro.8521

aleiro.8521

You can just customize for your 3 skill to be on your 2 button, problem solved…

Mars.6319

You can just customize for your 3 skill to be on your 2 button, problem solved…

This is account wide and messes you up if you change weapons (ie hit ~ to swap) or play more than one class.

Posted by: Bhuta.1480

Bhuta.1480

Yep totally pointless change, no problem with adjusting times but I’d got used to my key lay out. Stupid idiotic change to be honest.

Posted by: Rich.9503

Rich.9503

I hate it too. Revert it or im off! Seriously.

Posted by: ChaosKirin.1328

ChaosKirin.1328

Agree. I’m not even logging in my guardian at all ’til they change it back.

And I have a feeling that they will once they realize how pointless changing the order was. So I don’t want to get used to the ‘new’ order only to have to fall right back into learning the old order again.

So. If they never change it back, I won’t be playing my guardian anymore.

Posted by: Rio.1894

Rio.1894

They need to give the option to move skills where we want as others have suggested. This is incredibly annoying and I don’t think I’ll ever feel comfortable with the current skill layout for GS.

Posted by: Vakirauta.6397

Vakirauta.6397

I agree with the OP, how ever you nerf, i do not care as much as i care about the placement of my skills. People has been playing this way for about two months? Come on.

The Iron Butterfly

Posted by: Cyrus.8261

Cyrus.8261

I support this, please move the buttons back. Remove retaliation from the skills entirely if you have to, but don’t force me to relearn the UI everytime you “balance” some skills.

I think it’s a terrible design decision to maintain the ordering of skills by cooldown, forcing a change of the UI every time you balance something by changing the cooldown. The initial ordering made sense, but please keep them as they are now.

We’re gamers, we can adapt, but that doesn’t make it any less hostile to people just wanting to have fun.

Posted by: Plague.5329

Plague.5329

A shame you can’t just drag skills around on your bar, like in Guild Wars 1. Another point for GW1.

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

This is what I’ve been suggesting, LET US the player rearrange the order we want our skills to be in.

Posted by: Unpredictability.4086

Unpredictability.4086

This is what I’ve been suggesting, LET US the player rearrange the order we want our skills to be in.

I am convinved it will never be allowed (or long time coming I won’t believe it till I see it).

I already suggested this so long ago, at BWE1, or even before that I think.

Posted by: kingghidra.6247

kingghidra.6247

I’m embarrassed for OP and anyone who agrees. Ridiculous thread. A bad reflection on the community.