Mr Sparkles Mini on Ebay

Mr Sparkles Mini on Ebay

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TRON.1085

TRON.1085

Looks like someone is selling mr sparkles codes on ebay…..some already sold and now more have gone up.

I guess this is better right Anet?

Mr Sparkles Mini on Ebay

Posted by: AncientYs.8613

AncientYs.8613

Looks like someone is selling mr sparkles codes on ebay…..some already sold and now more have gone up.

I guess this is better right Anet?

nopez i do not approve of this, and i think this is illegal according to the terms of use.

i just wish we could get mini mr sparkles ingame..

Mr Sparkles Mini on Ebay

TRON.1085

Even more people are saying their codes they got directly from arena net are not working, they said they are already used even confirmed by support…

Seems like someone got hold of mr sparkles codes before arena net gave them out and is now selling them on ebay. Which is why they are coming up already in use, they have been sold off..

Mr Sparkles Mini on Ebay

Posted by: AncientYs.8613

AncientYs.8613

Even more people are saying their codes they got directly from arena net are not working, they said they are already used even confirmed by support…

Seems like someone got hold of mr sparkles codes before arena net gave them out and is now selling them on ebay. Which is why they are coming up already in use, they have been sold off..

that really sucks..

Mr Sparkles Mini on Ebay

Posted by: pave.6901

pave.6901

Am i missing something? what is a Mr. Sparkles code?

Mr Sparkles Mini on Ebay

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

Looks like the Anet legal team has some work to do…

Mr Sparkles Mini on Ebay

TRON.1085

Am i missing something? what is a Mr. Sparkles code?

Very limited and exclusive mini pet only given to a few people at gamescon…

Its a golem called mr sparkles from the asuran storyline

Mr Sparkles Mini on Ebay

TRON.1085

Any word on this yet?

Mr Sparkles Mini on Ebay

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

Anet doesn’t care if people trade the codes. They probably expects and intends it to be this way.

Mr Sparkles Mini on Ebay

TRON.1085

Anet doesn’t care if people trade the codes. They probably expects and intends it to be this way.

But will they provide a way of getting the mini in game or not?

Mr Sparkles Mini on Ebay

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

I doubt it. Exclusive pet for those who went to Gamescon.

Mr Sparkles Mini on Ebay

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Looks like the Anet legal team has some work to do…

Selling serial codes is not illegal. Those people aren’t selling digital goods, they are selling a piece of paper with a code on it.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Mr Sparkles Mini on Ebay

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

I doubt it. Exclusive pet for those who went to Gamescon.

PAX as well. Not that it makes it any better.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Mr Sparkles Mini on Ebay

Posted by: Strawberry Nubcake.7163

Strawberry Nubcake.7163

One person reported having a used code. That person was me and the issue was resolved yesterday. Please don’t make it sound as if hundreds of people had used codes since it doesn’t appear to be the truth at all. I agree that there are 500 reasons why someone might be tempted to take a code, but that’s not the only plausible explanation. Try to have an open mind.

Many people reported having codes that weren’t working. I believe they got the same generic error I did. Anet is aware of the problem and they are looking into it. Support has been manually applying the codes for people who send tickets.

There are a ton of codes for sale on Ebay because a ton of codes were given out at the anniversary bash.

Mr Sparkles Mini on Ebay

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

As indicated above, there is only ONE person who received a used code, and their issue has since been resolved. The rest of us who received the codes as the Anniversary Bash and got an error is because the codes we received from ArenaNet were region-locked to the EU. This issue is easily resolved by submitting a ticket to customer support and requesting that the code be manually applied to an NA account.

The reason why you’re seeing a bunch of codes on EBay is not because someone somehow stole a bunch of codes (or are trying to sell bad codes). It’s because a bunch of codes just went into circulation as a result of the Anniversary Bash and some folks would rather have the cash than the mini.

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

(edited by Manoa.5897)

Mr Sparkles Mini on Ebay

Posted by: Science.6709

Science.6709

Would be funny if you bought the code on Ebay and then received an actual box with a “chance” to have the code in it.

Mr Sparkles Mini on Ebay

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

The fix for that now would be to give EVERYONE a Mr Sparkles mini, that sure would kitten those who bought one(confirmed, I looked it up on ebay. Bidding has ended on this item.) and de-value it.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

(edited by Im Mudbone.1437)

Mr Sparkles Mini on Ebay

Treeline.3865

The fix for that now would be to give EVERYONE a Mr Sparkles mini, that sure would kitten those who bought one(confirmed, I looked it up on ebay. Bidding has ended on this item.) and de-value it.

While I’m often on the side of those who bought something expensive, only to see it devalued, I don’t see it as a problem here. Anet is not eBay. It’s not really their fault that people buy GW2 stuff there. But that doesn’t mean they have to lead them there to actually get something related to the game. So im kind of split in that regard.

Mr Sparkles Mini on Ebay

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I just hope they realize how bad of an idea this was. Exclusivity brings out the worst in people. They made this great social platform, I hope they don’t mess it up now.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Mr Sparkles Mini on Ebay

Treeline.3865

I just hope they realize how bad of an idea this was. Exclusivity brings out the worst in people. They made this great social platform, I hope they don’t mess it up now.

I’m actually hoping that the lack of feedback could mean them looking into it. Don’t kill my optimism!

Mr Sparkles Mini on Ebay

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Would be funny if you bought the code on Ebay and then received an actual box with a “chance” to have the code in it.

Well, wouldn’t be the first time… when the playstation II came out in japan before the US, someone was selling on ebay a “playstation II original box and receipt” with a picture of the playstation II box and the japanese receipt on top as a regular auction, which got sold for $425 + shipping in the end… and the buyer received exactly what was described and pictured, and empty playstation II box and the japanese receipt of the purchase..

I don’t know what happened in the end, but last time I heard ebay wasn’t going to do anything because he sold exactly what was described, nowhere it said the playstation was inside..

EDIT: found a mirror of the ebay listing: http://www.whattheheck.com/ebay/ps2box.html

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Mr Sparkles Mini on Ebay

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

People are actually buying mini codes on ebay? lol that is so pathetic.

Mr Sparkles Mini on Ebay

Posted by: Andrew.4506

Andrew.4506

You could say the EXACT same thing about people that buy minis in the gemstore right? Spending real money on an in game mini. The ONLY difference is where that money is going. For minis sold via the gem store the money goes to anet. For this really kittenty system they have with mini mr. sparkles the money goes to randomebayguy43262.

Mr Sparkles Mini on Ebay

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Working as intended.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Mr Sparkles Mini on Ebay

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

This happens every time a company hands out codes to unlock exclusive in game items. It happened with the mini ceratadons and destroyers in GW1, and it’s been happening with all kinds of CD keys and unlock codes for years.

I accidentally received two certatdon codes, I attempted to use the first one only to find that it had already been redeemed. Luckily, the second one worked.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690