Much Bloodstone Dust. Wow. ANet pls.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Iconik.8712

Iconik.8712

So I think I have like 30 stacks of this stuff. I’m sure some people have more. How much is needed to complete an entire set?

Secondly, are there any plans to add things to the game that require this stuff? I can’t stand crafting so I don’t believe I’ll be making ascended stuff any time soon. Hell, at this point I’d spend 1000 Bloodstone Dust for 1 skill point if it meant getting rid of all this stuff.

Oh Hey Girl – Troll Thief Extraordinaire Tarnished Coast – www.twitch.tv/iconikk

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

“Set”?

At one point, the back piece scavenger hunt requires one-hundred Bricks. That’s not counting the Dust and Bricks other components require.

EDIT: I guess someone may have been trolling the wiki, I don’t see the recipe requiring that many Bricks.

(edited by Boneheart.3561)

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

100 dusts for a pot, not 100 bricks. Nothing requires anywhere near that much.

I wish they’d make it tradeable. I’m always short of dusts.

But maybe that’s because I keep running my chars at max power on Toxic utilities, so yeah…

Boneheart.3561

100 dusts for a pot, not 100 bricks. Nothing requires anywhere near that much.

I wish they’d make it tradeable. I’m always short of dusts.

But maybe that’s because I keep running my chars at max power on Toxic utilities, so yeah…

I didn’t mention anything about a Pot. It had to do with the Destroyer Heated Stone, which has been edited down to three Bricks.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

If you don’t have a use for it currently why keep so much? You obviously don’t have a hard time collecting it and it’s highly unlikely you’ll need that much all at once.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

Make the new backpiece, get Mawdrey II and be happy.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

If you don’t have a use for it currently why keep so much? You obviously don’t have a hard time collecting it and it’s highly unlikely you’ll need that much all at once.

I keep it because Anet is known for making stealth adjustments to drop rates of things they deem too plentiful and then when I do need them, they’re almost impossible to get.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

I smell a reference to karma.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

I smell a reference to karma.

Could be applied to several things. I was thinking of continue coins from the first SAB to the second. Or the way candy corn was handled last Hallow’s Eve. It can apply to karma, but I’m one of the lucky ones who has mountains of it from before the nerf.

Additionally, karma was hardly a stealth nerf.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

If you have too much dust make a Mawdrey II.

It eats 200 dust per day.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mawdrey_II

Iconik.8712

If you have too much dust make a Mawdrey II.

It eats 200 dust per day.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mawdrey_II

But I’d have to make the backpiece and I don’t like time gated crafting in this game. I stay away from it.

Oh Hey Girl – Troll Thief Extraordinaire Tarnished Coast – www.twitch.tv/iconikk

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Secondly, are there any plans to add things to the game that require this stuff?

ArenaNet: Yes, we offer you ways to use your excess Bloodstone Dust, as we have read what players have posted on the forums about acquiring sooo much Bloodstone Dust.

Poster: I don’t like your way!

ArenaNet: I’m sorry. Feel free to delete said Bloodstone Dust, then. Or….keep saving it, just in case we offer another way to use it. Thanks for your feedback! =)

Boneheart.3561

… I don’t like time gated crafting…

I don’t understand that, explain?

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

How hard is it to delete it if you have excess? Like many other players that craft multiple set of ascended armor and weapons I cant get my hands on enough bloodust!!

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

Posted by: jackaljag.8637

jackaljag.8637

Bloodstone dust can actually be used for stuff like http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Toxic_Maintenance_Oil and the equivalent sharpening stone/focusing crystal.

Now a use for empyreal fragments, that would be nice…

Joran Blackgear – Engineer – EU | Juras Blackpowder – Engineer – NA

Posted by: VodCom.6924

VodCom.6924

I don’t like time gated crafting in this game. I stay away from it.

Time gated crafting is the best way to transfer money from the impatient rich players to the patient ones.
Right now, you can earn 3 gold per day just by crafting meaty plant food and sell it at the trading post.

The same happened with damas.

Known as Reegar Else, Linda Else, Xiana Else and Thorgall Breakstone

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

Remember the silk problem before ascended armor? I used to throw the silk scraps from salvage because i had so much and was too lazy to sell it on tp (it wasn’t profitable) even too lazy to sell it to vendor because it costs a few coppers. When i was making my ascended light armor i remembered that and nearly wept. I think the same will be with this. They are….up to something.

Boneheart.3561

I don’t like time gated crafting in this game. I stay away from it.

Time gated crafting is the best way to transfer money from the impatient rich players to the patient ones.
Right now, you can earn 3 gold per day just by crafting meaty plant food and sell it at the trading post.

The same happened with damas.

I wish I had been slightly more concerned with making money when these two came out, because I have a habit of supplying myself first. Hopefully there’s a next time.

Iconik.8712

Crafting stuff whose recipes have a limit on how much you can craft per day. In fact, I find so many of the special items (including legendary) in GW2 so convoluted and confusing I don’t bother with crafting at all.

Boneheart.3561

Crafting stuff whose recipes have a limit on how much you can craft per day. In fact, I find so many of the special items (including legendary) in GW2 so convoluted and confusing I don’t bother with crafting at all.

No, why don’t you like it.

Posted by: Zygomaticus.7469

Zygomaticus.7469

I think you’ll need about 18stacks (250) if you want to craft light med heavy ascended armors.

Would it be cool to live forever?