Much Respect

Much Respect

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Khono.6942

Khono.6942

So I’ve found many good and bad things about the game. Considering I inteded to play with friends and we can’t easily PvP together, that’s a huge flaw. Then in terms of events, some are really interesting and fun, and many are just grindy and simplistic.

I just started playing a new character, a human thief. I went to an event where one had to answer the questions of children about their heroes, the heroes of each of the races (like Zojja and Rytlock, et al). I found it one of the better events but what really impressed me was in the end. Billy said “I want to be Zojja” and some other child, Catherina, said that he can’t be Zojja because Zojja’s a girl, but then another girl, Lulu, said he could be Zojja if he wants.

Now, though this little back and forth sounds simplistic, it strikes me as being heart-warmingly progressive! There are many people in the world with sexual identity crises who are treated directly, and indirectly, with such malice that encountering such acceptance in a game is very refreshing. Mainstream games, I’ve found, tend to mostly follow the average opinion and tend to reinforce these cultural beliefs, be they repressive or liberal. Even though this may seem like a petty small thing to most people, it gives me great hope for humanity, American culture, ArenaNet, and gaming in general.

Keep up the great work!!!

Much Respect

Posted by: Waffles.3629

Waffles.3629

I would have to agree with you here. I found the game a lot more rewarding once I notice certain social issues were being addressed. You’ll find out that certain main characters in the story lines are part of the LGBT community. I won’t spoil it for you, but it makes you appreciate the game much more. I like how they created characters that players of all kinds of backgrounds can identify with.

Much Respect

Posted by: Khono.6942

Khono.6942

I would have to agree with you here. I found the game a lot more rewarding once I notice certain social issues were being addressed. You’ll find out that certain main characters in the story lines are part of the LGBT community. I won’t spoil it for you, but it makes you appreciate the game much more. I like how they created characters that players of all kinds of backgrounds can identify with.

That’s very cool! Can’t wait to see what else I uncover