Multiple Promo Emails in Different Languages

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mistress Elemental.3750

Mistress Elemental.3750

Well not sure why but my post got deleted from the bugs forum with no explanation so I guess I was trying to be silenced for some reason. I wanted to make sure it was not just me who had this issue so I guess I’ll try again here:

Did someone at Anet fall asleep at the wheel? I just received 5 emails about your recent content patch and the 50% off sale in different languages Lol?

Attachments:

(edited by Mistress Elemental.3750)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Huh, so did I. Though I got four emails, not five.

Attachments:

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Yeah I just added a thread about it in the Account subforum since it happened to me as well.

Posted by: Sinister.9845

Sinister.9845

This legit? If so, when is the sale? I didn’t see any emails from Anet regarding this…

Posted by: Felahr.9830

Felahr.9830

This legit? If so, when is the sale? I didn’t see any emails from Anet regarding this…

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/

Posted by: Sinister.9845

Sinister.9845

Thank you sir, I was holding off until it went on sale..

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I feel left out. I only received 3 HoT Sale emails. Lol.

Edit: Just received another English one. I feel better now. =P

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

I received 5 promotional e-mails. Two were in English, the other three were in other languages.

Posted by: Meridian.4983

Meridian.4983

I received a total of four that I know of so far, all in different languages. I have no problem with anet sending me one, because I signed up to receive them, but not four. And other languages? Kind of a waste of time. More of a waste of time because I already bought what they’re selling. Time to unsubscribe.

[NA] | BP
Zombie | God | For the Pass!

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Hi there,

So sorry for this error. We’re aware of the situation and are taking steps to address it for future mailings. Again, very sorry for the flood of mails.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Kumion.7580

Kumion.7580

Me too. I got German, then French. A few minutes later came Spanish. Then I recieved English, followed by another English 10-15 min. later. A bit much, really.

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Yea, I got it, too but then again.. all it takes a simple select all and delete. Glitches like these happen shrugs

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Yea, I got it, too but then again.. all it takes a simple select all and delete. Glitches like these happen shrugs

Thanks for being so understanding. It’s an inconvenience, for sure, and unintended, for certain. We’ll do our best to do better next time.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Donari.5237

I hope I didn’t sound aggrieved above! Just amused, and interested in the mini Rosetta Stone effect. My game email is for this game only so I hardly get cluttered up by a few extra ANet mails.

Posted by: TheBandit.7031

TheBandit.7031

I’ve been getting them too. I finally just got one in English :O

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Finally got my French one, sent to Spam for some reason. My Spanish one has disappeared. Very odd.

Posted by: Mistress Elemental.3750

Mistress Elemental.3750

Thanks for the update Gaile. I was not complaining as much as I found it rather funny. I mean, one time in 4-5 years, cant complain too much.

Posted by: eyestrain.3056

eyestrain.3056

I was more wondering why I got HoT promotion emails at all when I already bought it.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I was more wondering why I got HoT promotion emails at all when I already bought it.

Many players wish to, and do, purchase more than one account. Thus, they are happy to hear news of a sale.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Meanwhile … I got none.

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

im only surprised how did that pass spam filters

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

Previous

Gaile Gray

I hope I didn’t sound aggrieved above! Just amused, and interested in the mini Rosetta Stone effect. My game email is for this game only so I hardly get cluttered up by a few extra ANet mails.

Not at all, Donari. We appreciate players letting us know. The truth is, our mail golem went a little over the top. As I posited in another thread, without our prompt action, that darn thing may have started sending in Ascalonian, Old Krytan, and the Orrian Syllabary!

We appreciate everyone’s understanding about the situation.

Many players wish to, and do, purchase more than one account. Thus, they are happy to hear news of a sale.

This is a good point. Plus, they may want to tell friends or family about the sales.

Well not sure why but my post got deleted from the bugs forum with no explanation so I guess I was trying to be silenced for some reason. I wanted to make sure it was not just me who had this issue so I guess I’ll try again here:

Did someone at Anet fall asleep at the wheel? I just received 5 emails about your recent content patch and the 50% off sale in different languages Lol?

I wanted to be sure to answer your concern (in the first paragraph). Your post was removed because, as you’ll recall, you posted an image containing personally-identifiable information. When you deleted your initial post, you essentially “closed” the thread, and the moderators removed it entirely because it had no initial post. So please rest assured — and I’m sure subsequent responses made this clear — we weren’t attempting to silence you but simply doing some necessary clean up on a “blank” thread.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Donari.5237

Now I’m laughing … the problem has spread to Twitch. It could be bigger than ANet. Though I’ve only gotten one foreign language email from Twitch at this point … we shall see if more arrive.

I don’t post this to talk about non-ANet issues, but to suggest that something wider could be happening (though that is unlikely, I know) in case that helps track down the cause.

Attachments:

Posted by: Darlgon.9273

Darlgon.9273

Hi there,

So sorry for this error. We’re aware of the situation and are taking steps to address it for future mailings. Again, very sorry for the flood of mails.

I just got my four HoT emails last night. One in Spanish, one German and what looked like a current player and past player email. Is this still the same issue, or did the fix fail?

Charrdian, Ashura Mesmer, Norn Ranger, Sylvari Elementalist and Human Magic Engineer

(edited by Darlgon.9273)

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Should I be insulted or relieved that I didn’t get any on 3 accounts?