Multiple characters with the same job?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Walker.7204

Walker.7204

So, I’ve been away for a bit, but a new computer and the expansion has me back and I just had a few questions.

I noticed with the deluxe versions of the expansion they are giving an additional character slot (as well as the max boost, which I think comes with all), but I was just curious why and if there was a new profession coming out anytime soon?

If not, just curious how many of you have multiple characters with the same profession and why?

Do you just love a certain class, and also like trying it with different races?

With the elite specs, do you find that there are so many diff setups for each profession, that they are basically multiple jobs under one heading that play totally different?

Like I said, I’ve been away for awhile, and I was just curious as someone who has all classes maxed out at 80 how best to utilize another character slot.

Thank

Posted by: Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

honestly, no point except for roleplay, as with the new elites, you can just swap in and out at will….
Was hoping for a new profession honestly too.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

One possibility of what you can do with the level 80 boost and character slot. Have one char with an elite spec and a power build and have a second char of the same profession with a different elite spec and a condition build.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

I have a couple of duplicates of some classes. I’m too lazy to switch builds and gear around and since GW2 still doesn’t have a build template fuction, I’ll just create a char for each build.

For example, I have 2 guardians. One for PvE and one for WvW. One has a burn build for PvP and the other a bunker build for PvP.

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Some people use character inventory as storage space. (Mules)
Some people redo the personal story and living story for additional rewards (level 10 story, once a week ; level 30 ; level 70 or something like that give a black lion key) and fun.
Some people use a new character for different builds of the same profession, like condition based warrior and power based warrior.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

I have 51 level 80 characters on my main account. Mostly for cosmetic purposes now. I have 8 sets of ascended armor, 17 legendary weapons and 35 ascended weapons I swap between them. Gets dull looking at the same character for hours at a time. Each has a distinctive look that I use when I play them and I’ve invested heavily into skins, dyes, minis and auras. Part of the fun for me.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Another use for extra characters is a L53 or so character to open Champion Bags. Or a L21 character parked at a JP for Silver Doubloons. Or a character parked at a certain farm. There are many use possibilities for extra characters.

I have 5 Rangers (used for different purposes), lol.

Posted by: Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946

Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946

I’ve got 10 slots, 7 level 80s – Warrior, Rev, Ranger, Ele, Mes, Necro, & Guard. 2 slots are for Engi and Thief when I finally come up with names that I like for them (that aren’t already taken ), and the 10 for the occasional key run. Right now slots 8 &9 have asura mesmers that I have parked at the potato farm in Metrica – I get a steady supply of taters and green logs from those 2.

If I was to get the deluxe version with the character slot, I’d probably do another mesmer to park at one jumping puzzle or another.

(edited by Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946)

Posted by: Moyayuki.3619

Moyayuki.3619

I do wish there was a new class, but it’s not super important. The extra character slot can be used to try a new build, or to roleplay. I know I have multiples of several classes, with each being a different race. I am tempted to buy the edition of PoF that has the free character slot…but I am not as interested in the other perks, so I will be fine with buying gems and purchasing a slot myself (and have leftover gems to use in the future). I just can’t bear the thought of deleting some of my toons!

Server: Dragonbrand
Guild: Moonlit Renegades (Moon)
Highest-Level Toon: Markus Emmerich, 80 Human Scrapper

Posted by: Game of Bones.8975

Game of Bones.8975

Sometimes I like leveling as much as playing max characters, but don’t want to delete a PC with maxed stats and abilities.

Posted by: xikira.3264

xikira.3264

I do it because of all the different builds you have soany options to go for. It is a pain to constantly change one characters traits and skills and to fill their inventory up oth multiple sets of armor. I have many characters. For example I have a roaming guardian, my comander guardiang, and my zerg busting one.

“My potions are too strong for you, traveler.”
Potion Sella

Posted by: Nury.3062

Nury.3062

I have 3 Rangers
3 Warriors
2 Guardians
2 Thieves
2 Engineers
1 Mesmer
1 Elementalist
1 Revenant
1 Necro.
And my main human ranger is the only played,the rest are manequins.

—-Balthazar Order [Gods]—-
“We are now! We are forever!”

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

So, I’ve been away for a bit, but a new computer and the expansion has me back and I just had a few questions.

I noticed with the deluxe versions of the expansion they are giving an additional character slot (as well as the max boost, which I think comes with all), but I was just curious why and if there was a new profession coming out anytime soon?

If not, just curious how many of you have multiple characters with the same profession and why?

Do you just love a certain class, and also like trying it with different races?

With the elite specs, do you find that there are so many diff setups for each profession, that they are basically multiple jobs under one heading that play totally different?

Like I said, I’ve been away for awhile, and I was just curious as someone who has all classes maxed out at 80 how best to utilize another character slot.

Thank

The base game only offers 5 character slots….. with the expansion, and the level booster, its an excuse to start exploring a new class if you haven’t already made all 8 alts. If you already have a full roster, you can use it farm keys, do Tyrian story achievements, or roll a new race for Cosmetic changes. I’m considering rerolling my warrior as an asura, but don’t want to delete my original human one until I"m sure I like it.

Posted by: Walker.7204

Walker.7204

Lots of great ideas, and thanks for all of the responses. I feel like I spend all my time juggling the characters I have so more is always more daunting.

However, the $79 pack is tempting with the gems thrown in there and all the other stuff. It’s alot easier to justify the cost when you’re not already throwing out $15/mo.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Lots of great ideas, and thanks for all of the responses. I feel like I spend all my time juggling the characters I have so more is always more daunting.

However, the $79 pack is tempting with the gems thrown in there and all the other stuff. It’s alot easier to justify the cost when you’re not already throwing out $15/mo.

Mhm, it’s much easier to pay $10/month then buy the $79.99 package anyway because it gives $50 of gems you know you’re going to spend anyway. :P

Now I just need a character slot sale. . . >.>

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Lightbringer.5860

Lightbringer.5860

I have 11 slots: one for each profession, a second ranger because a new slot/char costs the same as a name change and I wanted to take a space out of my character’s name, and one for whatever (usually key runs when I feel like it)

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I have 1 of every profession; plus 1 extra necro because I made a human first and hated him, so I have to reroll as an Asura; plus 1 extra mesmer because I didn’t wanted to delete the first one my girlfriend did the first year before starting her own account.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks