Multiple elite specializations>

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shanhaeval.4971

Shanhaeval.4971

Would it be possible to equip both elite specializations at once if not now at any point in time? I know that they are “elite” but they are not so game changing that they are unbalanced. I think it would offer a lot more customization options if we were able to do this at the same time I see some issues with it as well. I would love to be able to use both of the Mesmer elites for instance an axe shield combo looks really fun.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

They are specifically designed to be a single option to create a unique flavour rather than mix and match and widen the customisation. I would be very surprised this ever changed.

If it did change, expect a radical overhaul or rebalancing of some of the elites and skills to make it work and not be overpowered.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

No, it will not be possible, it’s intended that you will only ever be able to use a single elite spec at a time, it was one of the first things they told us about elite specs and is why they only allow you to equip an elite spec in the third slot.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

No, it would not be possible. If say, F5 functions are polar opposites, which one would take precedence?

Posted by: Sarge shot Grif.6450

Sarge shot Grif.6450

Too many changes are made to the classes with each elite, they’d conflict way too much. They’re basically subclasses.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

No. Take the necro for example. In hot the shroud was changed. In the new one you swap it for other skills. So which thing is what happens? What about the other elite’s skills that are now meaningless if the shroud does something else?

I would love to see people be able to mix and match elites …. the more options the better. Leaving aside balancing issues though the possible problems would be huge and only increase with each expansion. Think of it as getting 9 new professions with each expansion.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

what if the shroud is only from one elite spec and the next has none, i would actually love to have both available.
i really don’t see why not, why add a new weapon when you can’t even use it?