Mursaat outfit

Mursaat outfit

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

This outfit looks nothing like a mursaat, the only thing that makes it kinda sorta pass as a mursaat are the wings which aren’t even part of the outfit. The female version should be named something else if it’s not gonna look anything like a mursaat -_-

Attachments:

Mursaat outfit

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

This outfit looks nothing like a mursaat, the only thing that makes it kinda sorta pass as a mursaat are the wings which aren’t even part of the outfit. The female version should be named something else if it’s not gonna look anything like a mursaat -_-

Sure, it’s not exactly like it… but it’s pretty darned close. Also, it’s worth noting that your screenshot is of a female, when the image your comparing it to is of a male…. So, that’s going to make a bit of a difference too…. at least if ANet wants to keep GW2 from being R rated.

~EW

Mursaat outfit

Ellie.5913

Sure, it’s not exactly like it… but it’s pretty darned close. Also, it’s worth noting that your screenshot is of a female, when the image your comparing it to is of a male…. So, that’s going to make a bit of a difference too…. at least if ANet wants to keep GW2 from being R rated.

~EW

Well the way I see it is if I’m gonna spend almost 2,000 gems on a Mursaat outfit set I should look like a darn mursaat…but I don’t, it looks dumb. I think they could of got it closer than that, especially the top part.
I wouldn’t even mind if they flattened the chest on females and gave them a manly chest as long as it looked like a mursaat…..

(edited by Ellie.5913)

Mursaat outfit

Posted by: Bruno.3812

Bruno.3812

~EW

Well the way I see it is if I’m gonna spend almost 2,000 gems on a Mursaat outfit set I should look like a darn mursaat…but I don’t, it looks dumb. I think they could of got it closer than that, especially the top part.
I wouldn’t even mind if they flattened the chest on females and gave them a manly chest as long as it looked like a mursaat…..

There were undoubtably female mursaat around somewhere and unless they floated around with their breasts hanging out they probably wore the female version of that outfit.

Mursaat outfit

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

TIL: The Mursaat are NOT ALLOWED to modify their looks over the course of 250+ years.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Mursaat outfit

Ellie.5913

~EW

There were undoubtably female mursaat around somewhere and unless they floated around with their breasts hanging out they probably wore the female version of that outfit.

All mursaat looked the same, none of them looked anything like the female version of that outfit. And their clothes aren’t all ripped up on the bottom like gw2’s version of it either.

Mursaat outfit

Bruno.3812

~EW

All mursaat looked the same, none of them looked anything like the female version
of that outfit. And their cloths aren’t all ripped up on the bottom like gw2’s version of it either.

Annnnd all the mursaat we saw in guild wars were male, so of course they wore the male version. So your point on that point….. is pointless.

I will give you on the ragged hems though. Arenanet has a ragged hem fetish or something and it shows up when it doesn’t make sense,

Mursaat outfit

Ellie.5913

~EW

All mursaat looked the same, none of them looked anything like the female version
of that outfit. And their cloths aren’t all ripped up on the bottom like gw2’s version of it either.

Annnnd all the mursaat we saw in guild wars were male, so of course they wore the male version. So your point on that point….. is pointless.

I will give you on the ragged hems though. Arenanet has a ragged hem fetish or something and it shows up when it doesn’t make sense,

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Coventina_the_Matron Notice they call her a she, and notice she wears the same armor as males.

And just to prove my point even further I went and did the mission and took a pic of her in person ( She was attacking me so my spear got in the way but I think you can still see it pretty good)

Attachments:

(edited by Ellie.5913)

Mursaat outfit

Bruno.3812

~EW

I wouldn’t even mind if they flattened the chest on females and gave them a manly
chest as long as it looked like a mursaat…..

There were undoubtably female mursaat around somewhere and unless they floated around with their breasts hanging out they probably wore the female version of that
outfit.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Coventina_the_Matron Notice they call her a she, and
notice she wears the same armor as males.

Ok. Lol. Fair point.

However it just wouldn’t be workable in the game for human females to have male armor that exposes the nipples even if it’s a male breast. To many women wouldn’t like wearing armor that exposes the chest area like that and too many cultures are breast sensitive. It would cause controversy in a way that female mursaat armor doesnt.

Mursaat outfit

Ellie.5913

~EW

I wouldn’t even mind if they flattened the chest on females and gave them a manly

There were undoubtably female mursaat around somewhere and unless they floated around with their breasts hanging out they probably wore the female version of that
outfit.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Coventina_the_Matron Notice they call her a she, and

Ok. Lol. Fair point.

However it just wouldn’t be workable in the game for human females to have male armor that exposes the nipples even if it’s a male breast. To many women wouldn’t like wearing armor that exposes the chest area like that and too many cultures are breast sensitive. It would cause controversy in a way that female mursaat armor doesnt.

If it looked JUST like the male version I really don’t see how it would be an issue and if it is an issue maybe males shouldn’t wear it either then just to be fair.

Mursaat outfit

Ellie.5913

Sure, it’s not exactly like it… but it’s pretty darned close. Also, it’s worth noting that your screenshot is of a female, when the image your comparing it to is of a male…. So, that’s going to make a bit of a difference too…. at least if ANet wants to keep GW2 from
being R rated.

~EW

outfit.

Annnnd all the mursaat we saw in guild wars were male, so of course they wore the
male version. So your point on that point….. is pointless.

Ok. Lol. Fair point.

However it just wouldn’t be workable in the game for human females to have male armor that exposes the nipples even if it’s a male breast. To many women wouldn’t like wearing armor that exposes the chest area like that and too many cultures are breast
sensitive. It would cause controversy in a way that female mursaat armor doesnt.

If it looked JUST like the male version I really don’t see how it would be an issue and if it is an issue maybe males shouldn’t wear it either then just to be fair.

It’s not an issue for males. Cultures and men aren’t sensitive to showing male nipples.

The thing is, I really doubt that most women would be attracted to an outfit that removes their breasts. There isn’t a real male equivalent to this situation but breasts are fairly central to many women’s self identity.

You’re right though. The outfit could have been stretched over to cover the breast area. Arenenets artists seem to follow templates when designing male/female armor and dont show a lot of gender boundary stretching.

Well I’m female and so are all of my characters and I absolutely adore the male aka the real mursaat version and I find the female version too plain and boring and so not like a mursaat at all. So if I can’t wear that version I don’t think anyone should get to, they should make them both cover the nipples and every inch of skin if the female version has to.

Mursaat outfit

Bruno.3812

~EW

outfit.

Ok. Lol. Fair point.

It’s not an issue for males. Cultures and men aren’t sensitive to showing male nipples.

The thing is, I really doubt that most women would be attracted to an outfit that removes their breasts. There isn’t a real male equivalent to this situation but breasts
are fairly central to many women’s self identity.

You’re right though. The outfit could have been stretched over to cover the breast area. Arenenets artists seem to follow templates when designing male/female armor and outfits and dont show a lot of gender boundary stretching.

Mursaat outfit

Bruno.3812

Sure, it’s not exactly like it… but it’s pretty darned close. Also, it’s worth noting that your screenshot is of a female, when the image your comparing it to is of a male…. So, that’s going to make a bit of a difference too…. at least if ANet wants to keep GW2 from
being R rated.

~EW

outfit.

Annnnd all the mursaat we saw in guild wars were male, so of course they wore the

Ok. Lol. Fair point.

However it just wouldn’t be workable in the game for human females to have male armor that exposes the nipples even if it’s a male breast. To many women wouldn’t like wearing armor that exposes the chest area like that and too many cultures are breast
sensitive. It would cause controversy in a way that female mursaat armor doesnt.

The thing is, I really doubt that most women would be attracted to an outfit that removes their breasts. There isn’t a real male equivalent to this situation but breasts are fairly central to many women’s self identity.

You’re right though. The outfit could have been stretched over to cover the breast area. Arenenets artists seem to follow templates when designing male/female armor and dont show a lot of gender boundary stretching.

Well I’m female and so are all of my characters and I absolutely adore the male aka the real mursaat version and I find the female version too plain and boring and so not like a mursaat at all. So if I can’t wear that version I don’t think anyone should get to, they should make them both cover the nipples and every inch of skin if the female version has to.

Individual women may like the male version but just look at the posts and threads that have asked for breasts on femCharr and femAsura as well as begging for them to wear feminine clothing, specifically dresses, to see that if they had made the outfit a male breast removing outfit that there would have been a lot of controversy and requests for a female version that keeps the breasts.

Mursaat outfit

Ellie.5913

being R rated.

~EW

outfit.

Ok. Lol. Fair point.

Individual women may like the male version but just look at the posts and threads that have asked for breasts on femCharr and femAsura as well as begging for them to wear feminine clothing, specifically dresses, to see that if they had made the outfit a male breast removing outfit that there would have been a lot of controversy and requests for a female version that keeps the breasts.

Srsly I don’t think it would be as big of an issue as you think but if it is then maybe they should just let everyone wear any version of every outfit so you can have a choice between the 2 and not be forced to wear the version you don’t like. That would work too.

Mursaat outfit

Bruno.3812

being R rated.

~EW

outfit.

Ok. Lol. Fair point.

Srsly I don’t think it would be as big of an issue as you think but if it is then maybe they should just let everyone wear any version of every outfit so you can have a choice between the 2 and not be forced to wear the version you don’t like. That would work too.

True. But then that means men wearing women’s dresses (which I don’t have a problem with but others do) and women wearing male outfits that do expose their breasts, such as the Rainment of the Lich and possibly the Daydreamers Finery. Both of these situations would cause controversy and that’s not what arenanet is looking for.

Mursaat outfit

Ellie.5913

being R rated.

~EW

outfit.

Ok. Lol. Fair point.

True. But then that means men wearing women’s dresses (which I don’t have a problem with but others do) and women wearing male outfits that do expose their breasts, such as the Rainment of the Lich and possibly the Daydreamers Finery. Both of these situations would cause controversy and that’s not what arenanet is looking for.

They wouldn’t cause controversy if it was exactly like the male version and had a flat chest -_- and yea I really don’t see it being a bad thing having a choice in what you wear but w/e. Also other games let males wear dresses and no one complains…

Attachments:

Mursaat outfit

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

~EW

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Coventina_the_Matron Notice they call her a she, and notice she wears the same armor as males.

And just to prove my point even further I went and did the mission and took a pic of her in person ( She was attacking me so my spear got in the way but I think you can still see it pretty good)

She’s beautiful.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Mursaat outfit

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

It’s called EVOLUTION BABY.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Mursaat outfit

Ellie.5913

~EW

She’s beautiful.

Who the mursaat boss? They all look the same ( at least in gw1)

Mursaat outfit

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

~EW

She’s beautiful.

And they’re all beautiful.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Mursaat outfit

Ellie.5913

~EW

She’s beautiful.

And they’re all beautiful.

Agreed