Muting/Hiding Other Player's New Backpack

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kinomi.6523

Kinomi.6523

Is there or will there be an option to mute and also hide the pop-up the new backpack does?
It is VERY annoying to hear it talking all the time and that was just 1 person having it tonight.
It is also distracting to see a pop-up every now and then.
I would like an option that gives me the possibility to enjoy my surroundings in game, I don’t want to be forced to mute the all game :/

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Wait, it gives other players a pop-up? What?

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: direx.8207

direx.8207

I’m going to have to second this. I can’t imagine running around in EotM with a couple of those things making noises.

On a similar note I’ve noticed that there are some Miniatures that are particularly noisy too, couldn’t tell you which ones though since it’s hard to figure out which one is being noisy. Whatever mini it is though that screams is probably the worst mini ever.

Perhaps we could have both of these things be muted in the same way we can mute Player Instruments?

Posted by: Nunna.6413

Nunna.6413

it’s not too obnoxious at the moment for me but i can see it will be sooo annoying in 3 days.

Kinomi.6523

The backpack talks every few seconds, you hear it : it is funny the first time, then when you realise it won’t stop talking you just want to push the guy that has it off the cliff.
And when the backpack talks, you can see it as a pop-up appears above it.
I just can’t imagine how WvW will look in a few days with 10 or more people with it in a group.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Ah, a word bubble. I thought you meant it was an actual window you had to close.

Still, I can see this getting annoying pretty quick.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: YourFriendMarvin.4127

YourFriendMarvin.4127

My robot barely speaks, I would say every 3 minutes. Not sure if bugged.

#MostTeamQueueWins before December 2nd, 2014 Patch
[NA]Rank 71 before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch OG Moltres, 10k Champion Brawler, Team PZ
http://www.twitch.tv/yourfriendmarvin

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

I turned the sound off for all this junk long ago. For everyone else, enjoy.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: Thosha.1974

Thosha.1974

There is an option for “Player Instrument Volume” in the volume settings. I would assume this includes the backpack, but can’t test it.

And yeah, WvW or other large crowds will become very annoying that way

Posted by: Skaigash.4715

Skaigash.4715

Signed.

I have yet to use my backpack (still can’t decide which of my characters to use it on), but I can see how it can be annoying to other players.

My suggestion: Make it like the Salvage-o-Matics – only the owner can hear it. Oh, and maybe a way to toggle the dialogue bubbles? I’ll personally enjoy it every now and then, but I’d like not having to see it when I don’t want to.

Kinomi.6523

There is an option for “Player Instrument Volume” in the volume settings. I would assume this includes the backpack, but can’t test it.

“Player Instrument Volume” seemed to me the logical answer, unfortunately it didn’t do anything and my peace returned when the player left :/
I don’t want to be forced to mute the entire game just for a backpack.
I like the suggestion Skaigash.4715 made

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

My Player Instrument Volume has been on mute since it was added.

I still hear that annoying golem I wish I can send to the scrap heap. No, I don’t have the backpack.

This is by far THE worst part of the update for me. Even the lore conundrum and side-quest irrelevant-to-the-main-plot first story instance doesn’t compare.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

Just want to take this opportunity to plug that many of us can’t even hide our OWN backpacks. There are literally DOZENS of us.

Remove hobosacks please.

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

Posted by: MrWubzy.3587

MrWubzy.3587

Just want to take this opportunity to plug that many of us can’t even hide our OWN backpacks. There are literally DOZENS of us.

Remove hobosacks please.

With the amount of love Engineers get in that department, I’m sad to say that they probably won’t add the option to hide the new packs anytime soon™.

| Biyx [Guardian] ; Aika Vonelli [Ranger] |
| Proud roleplayer! |
| Biyx’s All-For-Nothing Challenge |

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

Ressing a guy while the robot speaks, “maybe you should invest in revive Orbs” was pretty funny